• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Ron Swanson

NWLA,

I went and test-drove a couple different F-150’s this afternoon and you were right about that 2.7L V-6 EcoBoost... that thing blew the socks off the standard 3.5L V-6

If I get this job and have a need for a new vehicle, that’s definitely the engine I’ll get (that or the 3.5L EcoBoost). Loved the truck.

Purp

NWLA,

I went and test-drove a couple different F-150’s this afternoon and you were right about that 2.7L V-6 EcoBoost... that thing blew the socks off the standard 3.5L V-6

If I get this job and have a need for a new vehicle, that’s definitely the engine I’ll get (that or the 3.5L EcoBoost). Loved the truck.
They're impressive trucks. My dad ends up getting a new one every fee years and each one is markedly better than the previous one.

We're looking at a new Expedition before too long. Love the new body style and it's got the same packages under the hood.

nwlafrog

NWLA,

Good to hear. If I wasn’t close to paying off my Titan with low “ish” miles I would’ve traded, but if I ever decided to trade it would definitely be the 2.7L F150. I was in love with that truck and it took all of my strength to talk myself out of it. After all, I only went to waste the salesman’s time while a friend was purchasing one. Solid truck.

nwlafrog

Helped a buddy out with putting doors on his Can-Am Maverick SxS. What a giant PITA that was. Have to wake up early as popsicle again, but the mud, beer and trashy shenanigans vacation with the Bros is only a day away. Just gotta hold my ship together for a little longer for a much deserved vacation chock full of darnery.

nwlafrog

Also, someone got a new work truck and it’s not the crappy work truck package. I’ll be in love with this new F250 XLT until it decides to kamikaze itself into oblivion like all of the others. Totes magotes.

Mean Purple

NWLA,

Nice. Picked up a new Silverado LTZ last year. v8 that cuts down to v4. The gas mileage I get is insanely high. Hit 28 mph at 70 coming back from Austin. With wind, 26 has been common. Did not get 4 wheel drive because it is rarely needed. Got the full two package instead. Pulls l like a dream. Handles amazing.

Still want the 2500. Lol

Horny 4 Life

Got a speed camera ticket in the mail yesterday from a hillbilly township in Ohio. I'll be filing for a hearing shortly. I'm looking forward to taking this fight to the darnin Supreme Court.

The best part of this township's setup is that the officers who allegedly monitor these cameras are working "on overtime that is paid for by the the camera company." What a darning racket this b.s. is.

SnoSki

Filed under: If you cant laugh at yourself

I was eating at Jethro's BBq in Des Moines Iowa today and i started to get teary eyed, thinking about my deceased father. The waitress comes by and says "that sauce too hot for ya baby?" And i said "no im from texas" i shoulda said yes

As long as it isn’t that mayonnaise-based “bbq sauce” abomination they serve in Alabama...

SnoSki

Got a speed camera ticket in the mail yesterday from a hillbilly township in Ohio. I'll be filing for a hearing shortly. I'm looking forward to taking this fight to the darnin Supreme Court.

The best part of this township's setup is that the officers who allegedly monitor these cameras are working "on overtime that is paid for by the the camera company." What a darning racket this b.s. is.

Red lights I can accept but hate. Speeding, though... if you were a danger to others they’d want you stopped, not just fined weeks down the road. Definitely a money making scheme with kickbacks for someone.

Frog-in-law1995

One of the older attorneys in our office has, for maybe 5 years now, been the only one who drinks flavored coffee. So we bought him his own pump-carafe thingy so that we could share the same coffee maker without his nasty stuff tainting the regular coffee carafe. These things hold maybe 12 cups each, so basically, he makes one pot a day while the other 15-20 of us who drink coffee are constantly making fresh pots..and, more often than not, waiting on them because the damn thing was empty when we got there. There’s also a lot of bitching about people taking the last of a pot and not making another.

Well today, without paying attention, I pumped a half cup out of this guy’s carafe. And had already taken a few sips when I realized it was the “flavored” carafe.

Except it was regular coffee.

I went straight to his office and confronted him and he closed his door and fessed up. He brewed flavored coffee just long enough to get everybody into the routine of ignoring his carafe, then switched to regular. And it’s not just the office swill. He brings Peet’s from home. And has for years.

It is absolutely next level, Bond villain genius. And for promising to keep the secret, I now get the good stuff, with no waiting, as well.

Happy Wednesday to me.