• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: TCU men's basketball opens season against CS-Bakersfield

CountryFrog

I’m not that concerned....Game 1 jitters and not our full squad. However, ARob needs to hit the gym for Extra FT practice.....unacceptable for a Sr leader
Robinson is a senior. I have no doubt he's put in a lot of practice shooting free throws in the last 4 years. Some people just aren't very good shooters and I think we all need to simply accept the fact that Robinson is not a very good shooter.

He's a really good player, just not a really good shooter. Unfortunately for him, he'll probably have to be on the bench at the end of close games to avoid being fouled and shooting free throws. Assuming good health for Fisher and/or Davis becomes someone we can count on for late game ball handling and decision making.

Big Frog II

There's nothing wrong for criticizing our own team when we do not play well. We came out flat and without any energy. CSUB was out hustling us for most of the game. I know we are playing without 2 starters, but the rest of the team has to pick it up until they return.

Dogfrog

There's nothing wrong for criticizing our own team when we do not play well. We came out flat and without any energy. CSUB was out hustling us for most of the game. I know we are playing without 2 starters, but the rest of the team has to pick it up until they return.

Only problem I have is hammering our own team exclusively without giving any credit to the opponent. If your analysis of the opponent is exclusively preseason rankings or indexes you haven’t watched much college basketball. This was a highly motivated team that played great overplaying half court defense and created open shots for great shooters in a half court offense. I was there and was impressed, regardless how they played last night or the rest of the season.

On our side we had too many missed point blank inside shots by our bigs. They were getting hammered inside but when they start finishing it will make a difference.

MTfrog5

One rule emphasis I love is the moving screens and only being as wide as your shoulders. Going to be a lot easier for guards to get around screens and lessen the chance of banging knees with the bigs setting them.

y2kFrog

Robinson is a senior. I have no doubt he's put in a lot of practice shooting free throws in the last 4 years. Some people just aren't very good shooters and I think we all need to simply accept the fact that Robinson is not a very good shooter.

He's a really good player, just not a really good shooter. Unfortunately for him, he'll probably have to be on the bench at the end of close games to avoid being fouled and shooting free throws. Assuming good health for Fisher and/or Davis becomes someone we can count on for late game ball handling and decision making.

I think Robinson is guy some won’t realize how good he is until he’s gone.

Dogfrog

Yes. Robinson is not a shooter, he is a scorer. One of the best penetrators I have ever seen. You have something special when you have a guy that can create plays when nothing is there. Just needs to control turnovers.

Portland Frog

One rule emphasis I love is the moving screens and only being as wide as your shoulders. Going to be a lot easier for guards to get around screens and lessen the chance of banging knees with the bigs setting them.

I agree. It may take some time for officials to get used to it too. Several calls were missed last night with this rule change.

flyfishingfrog

I don't think anyone who watches him play doesn't realize how good - actually how great he has been or will continue to be this year.

That doesn't mean he is perfect - we all know he struggles to shoot at a level as high as he plays in other areas - but there are few in our conference that can dictate a game the way ARob can and he is amazing at the misdirection and touch he has when he drives the lane.

you always miss guys that captain the court and can change the momentum the way he did last night in the second half when we looked like a team about to get beat and he and Bane turned it around for the entire team.

BABYFACE

Samuel has not impressed me thus far. Was hoping for a little more power and aggression in his offensive game.
He looked good in the scrimmage. He looked ok in the game, but I think he got gun shy when the officiating wouldn’t let the big men on both sides bang down low. He got some weak contact calls against and I think that effected his game. Plus, he sat the bench quite a bit as Dixon tried to keep him out of foul trouble.

Kind of crazy that officiating crew didn’t let bigs bump in the paint but let everyone else do so.

flyfishingfrog

Robinson should shoot free throws underhanded, Rick Barry style.
I think he should do it on one leg maybe after a spin move - he makes 80% of those kind of shots when he is driving the lane - maybe he is like the Sundance Kid - can't hit crap standing still but if you let him move, he is deadly!

Last edited:

Dogfrog

High hopes for Archie. Has a lot of hype around him. If he can live up, watch out.

Yea, in the intrasquad scrimmage last Friday you could see what the hype around Archie, and Nembhard for that matter, was all about. They just need to get comfortable
I think he should do it on one leg maybe after a spin move - he makes 80% of those kind of shots when he is driving the lane - maybe he is like the Sundance Kid - can't hit crap standing still but if you let him move, he is deadly!

Or sit down on the floor like the half court shot.

Last edited: