• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU v Arkansas

FrogSwagSurfin

Btw we are still one of the worst 1st half teams out there. Literally nothing has changed since last year. If it's not the offense it's the defense and if it's not the defense it's the offense

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Flying T said:
That sucked bad, we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory several times. That said, still so thankful for big time football here at TCU. This beats the [Craig James] out of playing UNLV and Arky is acting like they won the Super Bowl.
Well, we had to snatch a lead by coming back before snatching defeat from those jaws.

Zubaz

TX_Krötenechse said:
The rest of the game was far from perfect, but we had the lead with 2 minutes and Hill gave them the ball on the 40 yard line. Then Texada completely failed in coverage
And then we got the ball back. And then we missed an automatic field goal. Even with the slashing motion, we should have won the game. And that's ignoring other nonsense like a turnover on the first drive.

TCU_backer

LVH said:
Bad playcalling. Not aggressive at all. Played it safe too much

Now we have to rely on our defense that hasnt stopped them in a while.
Did you not see Patterson rip Meacham a new [ Arschloch]?

Frogs1983

Frogs did their best to give this one away and ultimately they did. Not disrespecting Arkansas's effort at all. Arkansas came to play, and in the end they persevered.
TCU,let me count the ways you screwed this one up tonight.
1-Defensive Secondary is atrocious. Scorched again tonight over and over.
2-Offense-ZERO first half points.  Number of Offensive line penalties ridiculous for 2nd game in a row.
3-End of the game. Patterson burning time outs, none to use when Frogs got ball back for final drive. Patterson taking decision out of his Offensive Coaches and going for FG on 3rd down with 16 seconds left.
4- Blocked FG. Nothing else to say.
5-QB scores go ahead TD, does a childish throat slash for a penalty, resulting in Arkansas starting past their 40 yard line.(By the way, Hill did 'the slash" earlier on a TD and it didn't get called by the refs.)Patterson needs to put a stop to this crap post haste!
There's more, but you get the picture. :angry:

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Frogs1983 said:
Frogs did their best to give this one away and ultimately they did. Not disrespecting Arkansas's effort at all. Arkansas came to play, and in the end they persevered.
2-Offense-ZERO first half points.  Number of Offensive line penalties ridiculous for 2nd game in a row.
3-End of the game. Patterson burning time outs, none to use when Frogs got ball back for final drive. Patterson taking decision out of his Offensive Coaches and going for FG on 3rd down with 16 seconds left.
5-QB scores go ahead TD, does a childish throat slash for a penalty, resulting in Arkansas starting past their 40 yard line.(By the way, Hill did 'the slash" earlier on a TD and it didn't get called by the refs.)Patterson needs to put a stop to this crap post haste!
Agree, why kick on third down with 16 tics?

Good news, this is still a very young team.

Pharm Frog

Hoosierfrog said:
Bench anyone that doesn't put the ball down and go to the bench.
After the Clemson fiasco today I heard one broadcaster say that if we was coaching every player that scored would have to hand the ball to the back judge or would never score again

The 400 Frogs

FrogFrog said:
He did it earlier in the game. He lifts his hand up and then does something across his chest.

I bet it's something religious but it wasn't a throat slash.
If you seriously think that wasn't a throat slash, please post the name of the fantasy world you live in. Might be fun to visit sometime.

We had it won. QB does *that*.

That was a throat slash.

EdKamen

My wife, who tends to infuriate me after TCU losses -- like everything does -- said of Hill: "Well, he'll learn his lesson."

My response: "Yeah. Great. But he may have cost TCU a national championship."

My house is fun on football Saturday.

Frostie

Frogs1983 said:
Lets zero in on point number 3. You call a timeout before the kickoff and then another one before the extra point in a close game, makes no sense.

Sammy Douglas and Turpin get a big tip of the hat for their performance tonight. 

Pharm Frog

Maybe the Frogs will grow into what we think is their potential, maybe they won't, or maybe their ceiling is lower than most of us thought

TK2000

I'd like to see the stats on teams that win a game after scoring 0 the first half. And those SEC refs made some calls most refs may have overlooked. Porter stepped on the line with his foot, he didn't run out of bounds. Calls like that are bush league IMO. Although it is a rule

Pharm Frog

EdKamen said:
My wife, who tends to infuriate me after TCU losses -- like everything does -- said of Hill: "Well, he'll learn his lesson."

My response: "Yeah. Great. But he may have cost TCU a national championship."

My house is fun on football Saturday.
I don't see Natty potential at all for this iteration