• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU v Arkansas

Mean Purple

Nothing big is ahead of this team if GP does not give the cb help. The Stubborn idea that "he'll just have to mature and learn to get it done" lines are old and don't apply when a db is considerably smaller. It's like putting a blind man in an intersection to direct traffic and then saying he'll have to step it up.

Mean Purple

It's also why the pass rush was not effective. Allen had easier throws to get the ball out quicker. If you drop a guy back into coverage, which GP waited until the 4th quarter to do last week, then you don't have folks on easy or open routes and the qb finds himself under the rush more.

JugbandFrog

Mean Purple said:
Nothing big is ahead of this team if GP does not give the cb help. The Stubborn idea that "he'll just have to mature and learn to get it done" lines are old and don't apply when a db is considerably smaller. It's like putting a blind man in an intersection to direct traffic and then saying he'll have to step it up.
This has always been how LHCGPs defense works. The CBs have to or else everything else falls apart.

LSU Game Attendee

After sleeping on it, Hill played as most probably expected.
-great plays with feet
- mind numbing bad turnover
- bit arrogant
- occasional horrible passes to space/miscommunication
- huge upside (amazing throw to Taj in back of the N end-zone while rolling left and avoiding traffic)

In sum, his contribution had the team in a position to win, but s happened.

PapaBear

TCUWIN said:
You bet the under on the Baylor/smu game? Good call....Baylor looked horrible. Now place a bet on how many Baylor players will be arrested for crimes this season. Remember there are not 70 on scholarship.
i had arky at +8.5, +9, and +10 too. If you'd like some advice each week just let me know. Thanks

PurpleBlood87

TK2000 said:
Porter did step on the line. But I say it's a bad call. Most the time they call that when a player runs his whole body out of bounds. But right call by the rule book
That is not true. If a receiver step out the ref throws his hat everytime.

Now you may be thinking about guys going down to cover a punt. They have been know to run out of bounds to avoid getting delayed.

PurpleBlood87

FrogFrog said:
I care. He wasn't being stupid or thuggish. Making a "K" on his chest was misinterpreted.
Here's an idea. Don't ever do that again. Just toss the ball to the ref and celebrate later. TCU's deaf fans will be much happier with a win then a loss.

JugbandFrog

We all forget onr MAJOR thing: Arkansad played as perfect a game as they could play, and had to fight to beat us. I like how that feels, because it used to be the opposite for us back in the 2000s.

TX_Krötenechse

jugbandfrog said:
We all forget onr MAJOR thing: Arkansad played as perfect a game as they could play, and had to fight to beat us. I like how that feels, because it used to be the opposite for us back in the 2000s.
That's actually a good point. We've been concentrating so much on how we messed up that we are missing the fact that Arkansas played essentially perfect football. No turnovers, not a single penalty in the first half, very safe and grinding football. They had a good gameplan and executed it flawlessly.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
TX_Krötenechse said:
That's actually a good point. We've been concentrating so much on how we messed up that we are missing the fact that Arkansas played essentially perfect football. No turnovers, not a single penalty in the first half, very safe and grinding football. They had a good gameplan and executed it flawlessly.
To add to this, their team and fans went crazy when they beat us. They beat TCU and went crazy. Think about that.

We mean something to everyone we play now. A lot of something.

JugbandFrog

Peacefrog said:
To add to this, their team and fans went crazy when they beat us. They beat TCU and went crazy. Think about that.

We mean something to everyone we play now. A lot of something.
I got so much [ Finebaum ] from almost everyone I know. People who aren't even playing us care.

Also, while it has sucked for our hearts, all these close games are exactly what people want. I know a few people who watch TCU games because they will be exciting. These same people and more also know TCU will find a way to make it interesting.

In the last four or so years, who has played more thrilling, newsworthy/talked about football games than TCU?