• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread, Season Opener: Colorado vs TCU; Sponsored by NIL Village

Sangria Wine

Optics: That might be the best QB we face all year. Hunter is a freak to play both ways all day in that heat and show no signs of wearing down. Every team going forward there’s plenty of game film on to prep with. Coach Prime won’t be coaching (motivating) any more teams we face this year. We scored a lot of points and missed a chance at more with costly turnovers and a missed makable kick. Conference play will determine our fate.

Wexahu

It’s a good thing we don’t play OU, UT and KSU (maybe others) until later in the season. We can always hope the starting QBs are out with injuries like last year. Although I think we were responsible for knocking out some of them. Don’t see that happening this year.
One thing I always had a feeling about heading into this season is things tend to even out, and we got so many breaks last year it was almost ridiculous. We’re due for about 3 more of these type games unfortunately.

Horny4TCU

We looked like the team that had never played together. The secondary was trash today. And the play calling on offense is Cumbie 2.0. Briles trying to outsmart Briles, by going away from the run in the red zone.

Also, the team didn't stay for the Alma Matter. What was with that? That pissed me off.

tetonfrog

Optics: That might be the best QB we face all year. Hunter is a freak to play both ways all day in that heat and show no signs of wearing down. Every team going forward there’s plenty of game film on to prep with. Coach Prime won’t be coaching (motivating) any more teams we face this year. We scored a lot of points and missed a chance at more with costly turnovers and a missed makable kick. Conference play will determine our fate.
Just like Georgia was the best team ever so............so we don't need to make scheme changes or do anything different on D. What will be our excuse if Houston shreds our D and we lose that one?

Sangria Wine

Just like Georgia was the best team ever so............so we don't need to make scheme changes or do anything different on D. What will be our excuse if Houston shreds our D and we lose that one?
If we get shredded over and over the proof will be in the puddin’ but that’ll take a few weeks to identify.

I’m honestly not shocked at the outcome, but that’s because I was highly disappointed we didn’t hire Prime. I think he’s the real deal. Last year made me a believer in Sonny which I was not at all when hired.

Wexahu

If we get shredded over and over the proof will be in the puddin’ but that’ll take a few weeks to identify.

I’m honestly not shocked at the outcome, but that’s because I was highly disappointed we didn’t hire Prime. I think he’s the real deal. Last year made me a believer in Sonny which I was not at all when hired.
Today was a good day for him, but he’s won one game. There’s a lot of overreacting on that front too.

Skobuffs85

You have to credit the whole Colorado team with their win today, regardless of TCU's contribution to it. As hot as it was on the field, their team never seemed to let it affect them. Most TCU fans were kind of counting on that hot weather wearing down the "under-manned" Buffs in the second half.

For quite some time now, it was well known that the Buffalo's star players were Sanders and Hunter. There was plenty of film of them on the internet. Thought the Frogs would have treated those two exceptional players differently: Special blitz schemes for the QB Sanders. Don't throw to DB Hunter's side. Double cover WR Hunter. Maybe just tweaks to the defense to better counter these two guys.

It was only a 3-point loss, but seems almost as crushing as the Georgia game, especially being the next game after that national embarrassment. I thought this tremendously hyped game was going to be a win that would start earning us our respect back. Instead, we dug a deeper hole.

Go Frogs! Beat Nicholls
Well said. It only feels that way because Vegas put that absurd line on the game and nobody knew what we would be. We’re as good as I could have hoped and so are you. Few mistakes lost you the game, at the end of the season if Colorado keeps playing well this loss won look bad.

Atomic Frawg

I don't think the sky is falling when it comes to our QB situation, but I did expect more from a person with his experience level - seasons-wise. He spent a full season at Oklahoma, and two full seasons with us. So, to me, he's a junior.

I expect him not to throw those two picks in the redzone. I expect him to lead open receivers on deep post throws (missed two of those), I expect him to hit receivers on crossing routes who are wide open and right in front of him, I expect better pre-snap reads and to at least see the wide open receivers, and unless you were in the stadium, there were times when receivers broke wide open and weren't seen because he didn't go through the progressions. These are things I expect of someone who has three seasons with premiere D1 programs.

However, my left brain keeps saying he really hasn't played very much, considering his "experience." So, as irritated, frustrated, and disgusted as I am, I have to be patient because he is the starter. Max started and played in likely 30+ games. Sanders has started two full seasons of games. Sanders made the throws he was supposed to make. Our QB had moments, but he also had bad key moments. If he is it, he has to grow up fast. Honestly, I can see him losing the team. So I'm hopeful he progresses quickly.

The defense was nothing short of booty. Homeless, old, wrinkly, sun-drenched, and stanky booty. We gave up 500 yards, and let them dance and gloat on our field. We repeatedly said *Thank you, sir. May I have another?" And Colorado obliged.

I'm going to get some ice cream.

Atomic Frawg

A friend told me the best thing he saw about the game was the water girl. Because I was at the game I missed her, and it may take a while before I can bear to watch the game and see who he saw.

puckster59

A friend told me the best thing he saw about the game was the water girl. Because I was at the game I missed her, and it may take a while before I can bear to watch the game and see who he saw.
The Fox camera that I believe was somewhere in space didn’t concentrate much on TCU’s sideline that I remember.

Mean Purple

42 points more than enough, even with penalties and 2 Interceptions. This loss is squarely on Gillespie & the D!

No improvement at all from last year. No pressure. If this is what we can expect all season, Frogs will be a below 500 team.
Yes it should. But 42 plus 9 would have helped. And that’s what was left off the board for to a failed FG and 2 would have been FG’s if SC would keep the ball on the ground in the red zone when the qb is obviously off target.

6 million should also be enough to get a team ready to not lose to a team that won’t even temp the top 4 teams of their conference.
Instead we get embarrassed by a [ Finebaum ] talking gold chain wearing clown who will have to soon shut his trap when teams like UTAH [ hundin] smack him harder than is psycho ex-wife in Flower Mound did.