• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread, Season Opener: Colorado vs TCU; Sponsored by NIL Village

Wexahu

Yes but also a bit no, I mean they couldn’t grab some film of where the OC was last year?….there was certainly some film on the Sandersssss at Jackson State. I get what you’re saying but that is a very VERY weak reason in my opinion albeit some (a very minor some) of it is valid.
Not trying to make excuses for today, but I'm also not thinking there's no way we're going to be able to stop anyone the rest of the year.

Today SUCKED so bad, but things change, and there are adjustments that will be made. Last year we looked like garbage in a couple games and like the '85 Bears against UT. And our offense lit up Michigan and looked like trash for the most part against UT.

Wexahu

If there’s no threat of Qb run, the can leave safeties back to intercept passes…that is where nobility is the problem
CM can run, but I think our backup QB situation is making our coaches very careful about putting him in harm's way. Can't say I really blame them.

We aren't going to see Max Duggan 2.0 out there, even if he could run like Max.

puckster59

42 points more than enough, even with penalties and 2 Interceptions. This loss is squarely on Gillespie & the D!

No improvement at all from last year. No pressure. If this is what we can expect all season, Frogs will be a below 500 team.
They’ve regressed, IMO. At least in Week 1. Defense was shaky last year, yes, but how many times did they make key stops that allowed Max to engineer the comebacks? Like I said earlier, if Colorado needed 60 to win today, I have zero belief this defense could have prevented it.

puckster59

Not trying to make excuses for today, but I'm also not thinking there's no way we're going to be able to stop anyone the rest of the year.

Today SUCKED so bad, but things change, and there are adjustments that will be made. Last year we looked like garbage in a couple games and like the '85 Bears against UT. And our offense lit up Michigan and looked like trash for the most part against UT.
The inability to tackle is most concerning.

smufrogger

How many points have we gave up I. Our last 4 games

Skobuffs85

:)

University Of Colorado College GIF by CUBoulder

BelPTex

You have to credit the whole Colorado team with their win today, regardless of TCU's contribution to it. As hot as it was on the field, their team never seemed to let it affect them. Most TCU fans were kind of counting on that hot weather wearing down the "under-manned" Buffs in the second half.

For quite some time now, it was well known that the Buffalo's star players were Sanders and Hunter. There was plenty of film of them on the internet. Thought the Frogs would have treated those two exceptional players differently: Special blitz schemes for the QB Sanders. Don't throw to DB Hunter's side. Double cover WR Hunter. Maybe just tweaks to the defense to better counter these two guys.

It was only a 3-point loss, but seems almost as crushing as the Georgia game, especially being the next game after that national embarrassment. I thought this tremendously hyped game was going to be a win that would start earning us our respect back. Instead, we dug a deeper hole.

Go Frogs! Beat Nicholls

Sonny Side Up

I need to readjust my expectations for this season drastically after that one. Im not even sure the INTs and missed FG would have sealed a win for us because who knows how the game plays out with their ability to score Willy nilly. Every time we scored, they scored.

What a deflating loss. Game 1 season opener at home and a big L. Just no words are adequate enough to express my disgust.
No, the INTS lost the game. Bad defense could have been overcome by better offensive execution. Turnovers and penalties kill. They always have and always will. Winnable game, but not to be. Whoever is the QB coach better earn his pay going forward. The kid can play, but that read on the end zone pick indicates a lack of seeing the defense he saw. I believe in Chandler and good coaching will remedy these situations. Max Had his moments, too.

Sonny Side Up

You have to credit the whole Colorado team with their win today, regardless of TCU's contribution to it. As hot as it was on the field, their team never seemed to let it affect them. Most TCU fans were kind of counting on that hot weather wearing down the "under-manned" Buffs in the second half.

For quite some time now, it was well known that the Buffalo's star players were Sanders and Hunter. There was plenty of film of them on the internet. Thought the Frogs would have treated those two exceptional players differently: Special blitz schemes for the QB Sanders. Don't throw to DB Hunter's side. Double cover WR Hunter. Maybe just tweaks to the defense to better counter these two guys.

It was only a 3-point loss, but seems almost as crushing as the Georgia game, especially being the next game after that national embarrassment. I thought this tremendously hyped game was going to be a win that would start earning us our respect back. Instead, we dug a deeper hole.

Go Frogs! Beat Nicholls
Well stated. We’re not done. Excellent game by CU. Awfully timed mistakes. While I’m concerned about our defense, I’m bullish about the offense. Where in the hell was Savion. New season, new challenges.

Planks

I think Morris will prove to be quite a bit better than BK.
Sure, but Bram started 1 game his whole career so it’s not a high bar to pass.

Again Morris isn’t bad. I think my concern right now is that he doesn’t have the arm strength to fully run Briles offense, and so it’s going to put somewhat of a ceiling on our offensive potential. I just remember back to those days when Briles was at Baylor and it seemed like their deep ball offense was always just so so good, whether it was RG3, Petty, etc. From what I’ve seen Morris just doesn’t have a great deep ball.

Our offense played well today and didn’t lose us the game. But unless we see some serious improvement from our defense, then we are going to need our offense to win us some games when our defense is playing poorly. The performance we got from Morris today will not be good enough to overcome our defensive shortcomings.

LisaLT

It’s a good thing we don’t play OU, UT and KSU (maybe others) until later in the season. We can always hope the starting QBs are out with injuries like last year. Although I think we were responsible for knocking out some of them. Don’t see that happening this year.