• The KillerFrogs

FYI.... opposing fans in season ticket holder seats

mc1502

Not Hardly.

After being a decades-long season ticket holder, Steel stopped paying TCU money after the terrible 2-5 home record season of 2016 after which TCU raised season ticket prices by 20%. Where else can you deliver a garbage product and raise your price 20% and the sheep keep buying it?
The iPhone says hi.

Moose Stuff

I was talking to another poster about this last week. We're entering a period of fan apathy. Maybe winning has gotten old with some. Were going on, what, 17-18 years of success? It's great we're in the B12 now but after 2 decades and several conference championships all we have to hang out hats on are Rose Bowl and Chick-fil-A victories. We were so close to the top of the pyramid a couple times and now we're nowhere near it at all. Have we become an entitled fanbase? Some will argue we always have been. But either way you shake it, a malaise has entered the program and the coaching staff and administration has to figure out a way to fix it before things spiral out of control.

Well if 4 bad games turned 20 years of winning into malaise that’s on the fans and it isn’t gonna be fixable beyond winning ALL THE TIME.

I agree with a good bit of this. We had great seats before the remodel and reseating and we never would've thought about selling those seats. Then the west side renovation happened and our seating options weren't good. Like many others on this board we got the direct impression from TCU that the seating situation was purely business and all about the $$$. I'm not sure why they would expect fans to act differently.

I don't know how the AD can try to chastise season ticket holders who sell their tickets on the market after the previous AD made a big deal about how we had a lot of donors/season ticket holders who were fans/alumni from other Big 12 schools and that it was ok for them to cheer on their school at AGCS once a year.
Correct. Wish I had my old seats back, but the money grab relegated me to the Upper Deck.

smufrogger

CDC was very selfish and short sighted in a lot of things he did. It was all about the immediate bottom line, and how he could make himself appear more impressive. To his credit, it worked out just like I imagine he planned it would. Unfortunately for us, it left our stadium in shambles, our fanbase fractured, and our home field advantage all but non-existent.
This.
In the old stadium there was a group of about twenty five of us that over decades had seats together. There was never opposing fans amongst us and anyone that tried sitting with us we told them the seats are ours and don’t bother trying to squeeze in.

These days the school does nothing for the fan base. It turns out I have seats in the middle of another tcu fan and we got to talking about exchanging season tickets.
We both commented how we actually asked the ticket office if they could share the nMes of the holders next to us for an exchange but they refuse to do so.
I have seats next the Omni hotel - I assume they sell the tickets as part of a hotel stay?

HFrog1999

Fatal flaw identified. We’re screwed.

Who gets the paper anymore?

latest

hometown frog

The Carter was full of UT/Aggie/Tech fans when they came to town during the SWC days too. That was well before the +4 days so it’s hard to blame just +4 for whatever ill you think we have. I think it’s got a lot more to do with our general fan base metrics than any other variable.

I lost outstanding seats from the old stadium to the new ones. It really pissed me off at the time but I couldn’t think of any better method than what they put in place at the time so I just moved on from it. We made sure we paired up with the others in our group so we could still sit together. Now I love our current seats and hope I can hand them to my kids in 40 years when I can no longer attend games. Make the best of whatever situation you are in. 12-0 or 0-12 I can’t see not going to football games. Yes from time to time I get mad at the team, at the coaches, and the opposing fans. But that’s part of what makes this whole adventure awesome.

Just my two cents. I’m never gonna tell somebody else what they should or shouldn’t do w their season tickets. Even if I personally don’t like it.

razor488

Doesn't TCU have a partnership with Stubhub to link Frogclub accounts with Stubhub accounts to streamline selling tickets? Is selling tickets on stubhub against any written rule or term of service?

netty2424

All the details are held by stubhub. It would be easy to identify which seats are sold every single game.
Yah that Donati tweet, after thinking about it, was a tad bit hollow imo. As you said, it would be easy to find out which seats are perpetually sold. If he was serious about fixing that, he could.

A lot of people like Steel. That's not the point. The point is, only dumb people keep paying for a cra p product.

Just getting tired of TCU marketing folks etc pis sing down Steel's back and telling Steel it's raining. It's a simple principle of accountability
LOL. If you really believe this, I don’t think being a college sports fan is good for you.

Imagine being an Aggy fan...perpetual mediocrity, but rising prices. Same can be said about nearly every program in America not named Bama, Clemson or Ohio State right now. We are waaaaaay above the mean. Your shrewd, tough guy act might play better elsewhere.

netty2424

Not Hardly.

After being a decades-long season ticket holder, Steel stopped paying TCU money after the terrible 2-5 home record season of 2016 after which TCU raised season ticket prices by 20%. Where else can you deliver a garbage product and raise your price 20% and the sheep keep buying it?
That’s about the time I stopped smelling the odd smell in our stadium. Makes sense now.

4 Oaks Frog

He is the AD of one of the top athletic programs in the country. He needs to recognize that people are upset because of the on-field results. People are complaining about Pepsi, music, and +4, but they wouldn’t be so vocal if we were winning. His response gives them a larger audience and makes things seem worse than they are... and, in football, they are admittedly bad.

No...Not true!! During our banner years there were still complaints about no beer, +4, west bowl, morning games, music, “Go Frogs” chant announcer, on and the on. If you think the AD’s office is the Customer Service Department, you are wrong. It is the Complaint Department, which is fine, and KF.c is a great place for Frog fans to vent, and save their dog from being kicked.
GO FROGS!
BEAT ku!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

Moose Stuff

LOL. If you really believe this, I don’t think being a college sports fan is good for you.

Imagine being an Aggy fan...perpetual mediocrity, but rising prices. Same can be said about nearly every program in America not named Bama, Clemson or Ohio State right now. We are waaaaaay above the mean. Your shrewd, tough guy act might play better elsewhere.

“Shrewd tough guy” is a VERY polite way to describe his “act”.

TX_Krötenechse

And I can't help but point out that I've been bitching about this [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] since the day our stadium reseating procedure was announced. It was all so predictable, and yet I've been given so much crap for it by this board for such a long time. Hopefully, we're finally getting to the breaking point where something is actually done about it.
To be clear, you didn’t get [ Finebaum ] about it for your opinions, with which most Frog fans are either in total agreement or at least sympathetic.

You got [ Finebaum ] for it because you made yourself a meme by complaining about it in every thread, no matter the topic, for years, even after games where we had a great atmosphere.