• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Mississippi State could offer enough to lure away TCU's Jim Schlossnagle

Dogfrog

Is he here for a meeting with JS or to pick him up in a private jet? No reason for MSU AD to come to Fort Worth for a meeting if there is already an agreement.

berryfrog95

He’s here to get a scouting report on OU for their regional matchup with Ms St....heck, in fact he may hire him for Friday’s game

Dogfrog

If he leaves TCU there was an agreement long before yesterday

Whatever he decides he already decided

But he won’t have signed anything until our season was over if he is leaving

You don’t know that. He may be gone but don’t necessarily believe there is an agreement yet. May be one any minute now however.

flyfishingfrog

You don’t know that. He may be gone but don’t necessarily believe there is an agreement yet. May be one any minute now however.
MSU is telling their big donors the deal is done with their new coach...don’t know if it’s Schloss or not but most schools wouldn’t be portraying it as done if they didn’t feel it was.

And Schloss is not doing anything quell the rumors even though our season is over and he has been down there to talk to them.

Seems like too much smoke for him not to say something if he wasn’t the guy.

Dogfrog

MSU is telling their big donors the deal is done with their new coach...don’t know if it’s Schloss or not but most schools wouldn’t be portraying it as done if they didn’t feel it was.

And Schloss is not doing anything quell the rumors even though our season is over and he has been down there to talk to them

Seems like too much smoke for him not to say something if he wasn’t the guy

I thought Cumbie was gone when he was taking daily trips to Austin on private jets. Will wait for a confirmation but agree does not look good.

Ron Swanson

Good post. A young AD might just hire the inside guy without going through a thorough review and search, just so things do not get too rocky for him to comfortably handle. I like the Mazey inquiry, among others. Saar may be the guy, but you have to know what his detailed plan would be. He has not had to do the hard work of a HC before. Hope Donati does not think he can just "plug in" Saar and think it will be business as usual, just because he has been here under Schloss.
Saarloos has been offered the head jobs at Stanford and Rice. That alone tells you all you need to know. Plus every single person I’ve heard speak about him says he is as legit as they come.

He would (and will be) a home run hire.

PurpleBlood87

Saarloos has been offered the head jobs at Stanford and Rice. That alone tells you all you need to know.

Plus every single person I’ve heard speak about him says he is as legit as they come. He would (and will be) a home run hire.

But has he turned down the jobs because he doesn't want to be a head coach? There are always those guys know don't want the headaches of being a head coach.

Ron Swanson

But has he turned down the jobs because he doesn't want to be a head coach? There are always those guys know don't want the headaches of being a head coach.
I think he knew Schloss was on his way out and he would take over at TCU when it happened, and he had the money to be patient for it to happen.

Schloss has been biching and moaning about schollies and facilities for the last couple years. The writing may have been on the wall.

flyfishingfrog

I think he knew Schloss was on his way out and he would take over at TCU when it happened, and he had the money to be patient for it to happen.

Schloss has been biching and moaning about schollies and facilities for the last couple years. The writing may have been on the wall.
Or maybe he doesn’t want to be the head coach at a private school for the same reason ? Obviously to a lesser extent both Stanford and Rice have the same problems we have.

Purp

I've been thinking exactly this about Saarloos since the Schloss news broke.

And for those intimating CDC wouldn't let Schloss leave, I'm not so sure he wouldn't have been involved in succession planning like this since Saarloos has been linked to some top jobs for a couple years and long before CDC ever left.

Purp

Or maybe he doesn’t want to be the head coach at a private school for the same reason ? Obviously to a lesser extent both Stanford and Rice have the same problems we have

image.jpg

Those two institutions don't have the endowment challenges we do with regard to student aid.