• The KillerFrogs

FWST: A day after being let go, Gary Patterson shows up to work for TCU football

lowfrog

I’m just trying to apply it to any other job. I mean picture the office where you work (assuming you work in an office)….. Someone quits on the spot and storms out today after being told they are being let go at the end of the year but then they show back up to work tomorrow to hang out for a little bit. That’s not even remotely normal.
Maybe the stories about what happened aren't what happened.

CM Frog

Gotta say I'm with the Moose on this one. But I'll go one step further...it's not just bizarre. It's unacceptable behavior. If you wanted to coach the rest of the season, the opportunity was there. If you did not wish to do that, well....that's your choice. There is no hybrid situation. If you had been doing your job as HEAD coach, the assistants that remain should be more than capable of finalizing and executing on the game plan...or changing it if they desire. That said, I wouldn't have expected anything other than this.
For a long time you were a poster I really enjoyed - BASEBALL
In this case you have no idea what is going on and should just refrain from making comments

Moose Stuff

bro, why are you already this angry?

Imagine your boss was in charge of a project this week. He gets fired and youre left to finish the project in a short amount of time which you werent prepared for. The boss understands that, and comes back just to give the details of what he was leading and you were helping to work on. Now, you can look over the notes and throw them away or use them on Saturday as help.

Calm down Alice.
LMAO…. That’s not even a remotely similar situation.

Wexahu

bro, why are you already this angry?

Imagine your boss was in charge of a project this week. He gets fired and youre left to finish the project in a short amount of time which you werent prepared for. The boss understands that, and comes back just to give the details of what he was leading and you were helping to work on. Now, you can look over the notes and throw them away or use them on Saturday as help.

Calm down Alice.
I don’t think football game plans work that way. If the guys left over, some who have been working for GP for more than a decade, can’t prepare a game plan at this point in their career, then that speaks volumes as the the quality of staff he assembled.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
For a long time you were a poster I really enjoyed - BASEBALL
In this case you have no idea what is going on and should just refrain from making comments
Ah, Mr. Know It All. So pleased you, and your 95 comment history are here to clear up any misunderstandings...

geefrogs

I don’t think football game plans work that way. If the guys left over, some who have been working for GP for more than a decade, can’t prepare a game plan at this point in their career, then that speaks volumes as the the quality of staff he assembled.

Every week is a different team with different schemes and personnel, is it not?

Just the let dude drop his notes on the table and take a walk.

Moose Stuff

Maybe the stories about what happened aren't what happened.
There are two possibilities… he was fired and asked to leave immediately OR he was given the chance to coach out the remainder of the year and then he was out and he declined and walked out. In neither scenario is walking into the office to hang out with your buddies the next day normal behavior.

geefrogs

There are two possibilities… he was fired and asked to leave immediately OR he was given the chance to coach out the remainder of the year and then he was out and he declined and walked out. In neither scenario is walking into the office to hang out with your buddies the next day normal behavior.

"hang out with your buddies."

please clarify this.

Jared7

If he wants to be some sort of informal senior advisor for this week or for the next few weeks, that's fine with me. We need all the help we can get in the next four games. He's not the head coach anymore and we've apparently started the hiring process for his replacement, but he's certainly welcome on the premises in just about any other capacity. I don't think this is troubling in any way and certainly not "bizarre." It's indicative of his loyalty, which is one of his strongest attributes.

SackLunch

Its because he knows that staff can't put together a game plan by themselves. So, in GP like fashion, he is going in to make sure they have something to help get ready for Baylor because otherwise we are about to get the bleep stomped out of us by one of our biggest rivals.

jake102

I could see there being random things that only GP knows and/or can access. Just needed a couple hours to transition.

Still a touch odd.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
It is weird. Stomping out of a meeting as was rumored, leaving all bridges in flames, then showing up Monday morning like nothing had happened?
(All eyes followed Coach as he walked across the hallway to the coffeemaker. A dozen eyes watched his every move as he got his coffee mug, and slowly poured. The events of the previous day were known to all, yet, here he was, acting as if nothing had happened. He looked up from this morning ritual to see the whole Department staring at him. "What?" he hollered...)

Could anyone imagine that they'd call Security and have him removed?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Or maybe he was extremely hurt and mad, had a night with Kelsey to calm him down some and think things over. This was his baby for 20 years, it’s not totally surprising to me. You get divorced, you may not want to see your wife, but you don’t want to ignore your kids.