• The KillerFrogs

FWST: A day after being let go, Gary Patterson shows up to work for TCU football

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
A day after being let go, Gary Patterson shows up to work for TCU football

BY DREW DAVISON

Gary Patterson showed up to work on Monday.

TCU and its longtime football coach parted ways on Sunday, but multiple people told the Star-Telegram that Patterson went to the football offices Monday — and not to pack his bags.

Instead, Patterson met with a few of his assistants about the game plan he’d put together for Saturday’s game against No. 14 Baylor.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article255467571.html#storylink=cpy

Fiscuits

It was time for Gary to retire but Tcu will be very lucky to get a new coach with the football knowledge, integrity and work ethic. In the film room he was a legend
An old time farmer had crazy work ethic, plowing fields by hand and toiling from dawn until dusk in the hot summer heat...until his neighbor showed up with a brand new John Deere tractor, air conditioned cab with head lights on it...that could do the farmers work in half the time, double the output and with out breaking a sweat.

Instead the old farmer said "meh, this is the way we've always done it and always will do it until the day I die."

Next day - farmer dead.

Moose Stuff

Extremely bizarre. I fear at some point soon they will have to tell him - "You can no longer come up here with out an officially approved appointment from the AD."
I’m just trying to apply it to any other job. I mean picture the office where you work (assuming you work in an office)….. Someone quits on the spot and storms out today after being told they are being let go at the end of the year but then they show back up to work tomorrow to hang out for a little bit. That’s not even remotely normal.

Fiscuits

I’m just trying to apply it to any other job. I mean picture the office where you work (assuming you work in an office)….. Someone quits on the spot and storms out today after being told they are being let go at the end of the year but then they show back up to work tomorrow to hang out for a little bit. That’s not even remotely normal.
Me as well....at any other job when you essentially quit - not only do you not show up the next day...you can't. Everything in Gary's office, TCU's athletic facilities, etc...is TCU's...not Gary's. An inventory should be taken and he given his personal effects. That's it. It's a bummer deal, but that's the way it goes.

It is not normal behavior from Gary or our Athletic Department.

Pharm Frog

Gotta say I'm with the Moose on this one. But I'll go one step further...it's not just bizarre. It's unacceptable behavior. If you wanted to coach the rest of the season, the opportunity was there. If you did not wish to do that, well....that's your choice. There is no hybrid situation. If you had been doing your job as HEAD coach, the assistants that remain should be more than capable of finalizing and executing on the game plan...or changing it if they desire. That said, I wouldn't have expected anything other than this.

geefrogs

Gotta say I'm with the Moose on this one. But I'll go one step further...it's not just bizarre. It's unacceptable behavior. If you wanted to coach the rest of the season, the opportunity was there. If you did not wish to do that, well....that's your choice. There is no hybrid situation. If you had been doing your job as HEAD coach, the assistants that remain should be more than capable of finalizing and executing on the game plan...or changing it if they desire. That said, I wouldn't have expected anything other than this.

bro, why are you already this angry?

Imagine your boss was in charge of a project this week. He gets fired and youre left to finish the project in a short amount of time which you werent prepared for. The boss understands that, and comes back just to give the details of what he was leading and you were helping to work on. Now, you can look over the notes and throw them away or use them on Saturday as help.

Calm down Alice.