• The KillerFrogs

Elsewhere in the Big 12...

Chongo94

Somebody on this site used to worship Murray. Used to take umbrage at any type of even minor comment regarding his supposed ability. Kept saying how Murray was all world. It may have been Feisty but I can’t remember if he was still around then.

TX_Krötenechse

Somebody on this site used to worship Murray. Used to take umbrage at any type of even minor comment regarding his supposed ability. Kept saying how Murray was all world. It may have been Feisty but I can’t remember if he was still around then.
Well, the kid is talented. No way around it, he’s a competitor and a damn good ball player. But he’s too small and weak to contend week in week out with college defenses, in my opinion. And I don’t think he’s as shifty as Mayfield or Manziel in the backfield, nor do I think he has the arm talent of Mayfield.

I predict that Murray will be passed up by mid season at the latest.

Chongo94

Well, the kid is talented. No way around it, he’s a competitor and a damn good ball player. But he’s too small and weak to contend week in week out with college defenses, in my opinion. And I don’t think he’s as shifty as Mayfield or Manziel in the backfield, nor do I think he has the arm talent of Mayfield.

That’s how I feel and have always felt. Never thought he’d do much as a college player, at least at qb that is...but someone on here used to just get all bent out of shape when myself and others mentioned such things. Just can’t remember the poster that would get all mad.

Moose Stuff

Perhaps too small, but I wouldn’t say too weak.

Wexahu

I think he's plenty shifty and I think he's talented but nearly all the damage I've seen him do has been with his legs. Just think there's a shelf life to that style of play and that it eventually catches up to you. When QBs play like RBs they tend to get hurt and get tired like RBs and that's when the mistakes happen because, unlike RB's, QB's can't really come out of the game.

Maybe I just haven't seen him enough.

TooColdU

PFF came out with their rankings on the top 5 returning players at each position. Here are some Big XII players were on top of their position.

Slide04-768x432.jpeg

Slide07-768x432.jpeg

Slide09-768x432.jpeg

FrogLifeYo

I think he's plenty shifty and I think he's talented but nearly all the damage I've seen him do has been with his legs. Just think there's a shelf life to that style of play and that it eventually catches up to you. When QBs play like RBs they tend to get hurt and get tired like RBs and that's when the mistakes happen because, unlike RB's, QB's can't really come out of the game.

Maybe I just haven't seen him enough.
18 - 21 in his mop up, back up duty last year

FrogLifeYo

WVU lost a corner in their 2 deep..Apparently it’s the least deep position on the team and they are having to move a couple of Safeties over...Injury bug hitting everyone..Part of football