• The KillerFrogs

Elsewhere in the Big 12...

MinFrog

I am not sure about y'all, but I am pretty damn excited for this season.

Here is what I am hoping/excited to see around the league:
- Dana with a good QB (WVU is my second fav big xii team)
- Baylor struggling (obviously)
- UT winning an early game (maybe Maryland or USC) and getting really pumped (cause they are back!) before missing a bowl game due to a late season loss to Tech
- Riley getting exposed as a young coach without baker douchnozzle as his qb
- the snydercats doing wizard like things - dont be surprised at a TCU / KSU big xii championship
- I am bearish on ISU. I think Campbell is a good coach and montgomery is a hell of a qb, but i dont see them making much noise this year.

jake102

I am not sure about y'all, but I am pretty damn excited for this season.

Here is what I am hoping/excited to see around the league:
- Dana with a good QB (WVU is my second fav big xii team)
- Baylor struggling (obviously)
- UT winning an early game (maybe Maryland or USC) and getting really pumped (cause they are back!) before missing a bowl game due to a late season loss to Tech
- Riley getting exposed as a young coach without baker douchnozzle as his qb
- the snydercats doing wizard like things - dont be surprised at a TCU / KSU big xii championship
- I am bearish on ISU. I think Campbell is a good coach and montgomery is a hell of a qb, but i dont see them making much noise this year.

-- I agree on WVU. That offense is going to awesome... I like Grier also.
-- I think Baylor is going to be quite a bit better.... Brewer is legit and so are his WRs (Mims, Platt and Ebner)
-- UT isn't going to miss a bowl game this year.
-- I'm pretty bearish on OU also
-- Bearish on KState
-- Think ISU will be very similar to last year but unlikely to pull out two huge close wins

FrogLifeYo

-- I think Baylor is going to be quite a bit better.... Brewer is legit and so are his WRs (Mims, Platt and Ebner)
-- Bearish on KState
-- Think ISU will be very similar to last year but unlikely to pull out two huge close wins
Conference is going to be really competitive this year. Outside of KS and TT I think everyone will be either better or close to who they were a year ago..OSU will take a step back but they have enough talent/coaching to hurt some people

Wexahu

-- Bearish on KState

Agree on all points except WVU. I've taken a 'I'll believe it when I see it' stance on whether they are going to really good. Seems like they are perennially overrated around these parts, I think most of it has to do with liking their coach and thinking he's cool (which he might be).

Wexahu

Since joining the Big 12 they are 43-34 overall and 27-27 in the conference. For all the crap we give Texas, they are 29-25 in Big 12 play.

I'm sure some of the respect toward WVU has to do with our close games with them compared to our games vs UT, but I don't judge how good a team is by how they play against one particular team. By and large, WVU has been about as average a team as can be (I think they have the 7th best overall B12 record ahead of only Kansas, Iowa State and Tech?), they sure seem to get the benefit of the doubt around here.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.

I can see the Tiger is attached to a cable.

Come on Baker, don't be a wuss.

UnwCq8m.gif

jake102

Agree on all points except WVU. I've taken a 'I'll believe it when I see it' stance on whether they are going to really good. Seems like they are perennially overrated around these parts, I think most of it has to do with liking their coach and thinking he's cool (which he might be).

I was just agreeing that I'm excited to watch WVU and Grier. Their defense is going to be straight garbage. I could see 6-6 to 10-2 for them, likely somewhere around 8-4

netty2424

Since joining the Big 12 they are 43-34 overall and 27-27 in the conference. For all the crap we give Texas, they are 29-25 in Big 12 play.

I'm sure some of the respect toward WVU has to do with our close games with them compared to our games vs UT, but I don't judge how good a team is by how they play against one particular team. By and large, WVU has been about as average a team as can be (I think they have the 7th best overall B12 record ahead of only Kansas, Iowa State and Tech?), they sure seem to get the benefit of the doubt around here.
You said they were 'overrated around these parts' so I assumed 'these parts' meant TCU fans. Which, yes, would imo be directly correlated to our close games/series.

I'm with you on WVU season long. They seem to get some hype, especially with Grier at the helm, but we'll see. Another injury to Grier and it's probably a long season for the 'neers. Which could be said about most teams.

Smellslikeroses

You said they were 'overrated around these parts' so I assumed 'these parts' meant TCU fans. Which, yes, would imo be directly correlated to our close games/series.

I'm with you on WVU season long. They seem to get some hype, especially with Grier at the helm, but we'll see. Another injury to Grier and it's probably a long season for the 'neers. Which could be said about most teams.
Didn’t I see one of their only 5 scholarship corners broke their hand, too? I just don’t think WVU is deep enough with any injuries.