• The KillerFrogs

Elsewhere in the Big 12...

TechAdvisor

Quick Texas Tech update:

- Lost starting CB Octavious Morgan to a season ending ACL tear in practice this week
- Brought in Bonney, UT grad transfer to help at CB
- Defense creating a lot of turnovers in practice
- All 3 QB (Bowman, Duffey and Carter) struggling with turnovers and moving the ball
- McLane Carter has thrown the fewest interceptions and reading between the lines seems to be the favorite to start week 1, but there are still a few more weeks to battle it out
- RB's look improved, getting RB Ward back has improved the group
- Not a lot of noise from WR group, Vasher has been great at creating space and getting open but dropping way to many balls right now
- The new OC Johns is bringing more emphasis to the run game, multiple formations with TE's and FB's have been spotted in practice causing quite the stir

CountryFrog

Quick Texas Tech update:

- Lost starting CB Octavious Morgan to a season ending ACL tear in practice this week
- All 3 QB (Bowman, Duffey and Carter) struggling with turnovers and moving the ball
- McLane Carter has thrown the fewest interceptions and reading between the lines seems to be the favorite to start week 1, but there are still a few more weeks to battle it out
- Not a lot of noise from WR group, Vasher has been great at creating space and getting open but dropping way to many balls right now
- The new OC Johns is bringing more emphasis to the run game, multiple formations with TE's and FB's have been spotted in practice causing quite the stir
You mentioned the new OC using FB and TE. Has Kliff handed over control of the offense to this guy? Or is he just exerting some influence and convincing Kliff to try new things?

netty2424

You mentioned the new OC using FB and TE. Has Kliff handed over control of the offense to this guy? Or is he just exerting some influence and convincing Kliff to try new things?
Good question. I've kind of been curious where Big12 offenses are heading as it seems like that true air raid offense may be running its course as the emphasis on the run in several programs seems to be increasing. By increasing, I'm referring to TCU and Tech if this report above holds true.

FrogLifeYo

Man...Just looked at the stat sheet from last years Iowa St game....UGLY...3 Turn Overs, 300 yards Total Offense, and 11 penalties....Anybody have any Iowa St news...I know they return around 6-7 on offense and QB Kemp was granted a 6 year ...

MinFrog

Quick Texas Tech update:

So Tech is now a run first offense with a good defense team now?

MinFrog

Not B12 but close enough, QB Lowell Narcisse leaves LSU.
giphy.gif

TX_Krötenechse

I think Tech will be a surprise this year. They’ve managed to keep a DC for three seasons now, and he’s done a good job elevating the play on that side of the ball and recruiting guys for his system, so they will be a much better defensive team than Tech traditionally fields.

On the other hand, it looks like Tech will be without a gunslinger at QB for the first time in like 20 years. I think their movement to emphasize the run game (if true) is a reaction to poor QB play rather than a change in philosophy.

kidkarr

That’s a pretty big risk. I’d say rarely does a kid who has already graduated stay in a school an extra year (and transfer) just to improve their draft stock. Maybe if they weren’t a draftable player to begin with, but not just to improve their draft position. I guess maybe this kid is one of the exceptions. Banogu too I guess.
Russell Wilson fared pretty well. Sometimes a different place is a better fit for a guy and he can really shine.

netty2424

Man...Just looked at the stat sheet from last years Iowa St game....UGLY...3 Turn Overs, 300 yards Total Offense, and 11 penalties....Anybody have any Iowa St news...I know they return around 6-7 on offense and QB Kemp was granted a 6 year ...
Campbell is the hot coach right now. Although nothing has been inked yet, they've pulled in quite the recruiting class this year. Currently ranked 3rd in Big12 behind the usual suspects in OU and UT, and also ahead of TCU.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
lol - you always make me crack up. where did you come up with this one? xoxo
Some people theorize (and I have no data to back this up), but that now that Briles’ boring as hell yet extremely effective offense is gone, teams can get back to more traditional football. So to speak.

Also, he’s in Italy covering up rapes.

Frog-in-law1995

Some people theorize (and I have no data to back this up), but that now that Briles’ boring as hell yet extremely effective offense is gone, teams can get back to more traditional football. So to speak.

Also, he’s in Italy covering up rapes.

How do you say, “Can I get this pro-rape t-shirt in long sleeves” in Italian? Asking for a friend.

FrogLifeYo

Campbell is the hot coach right now. Although nothing has been inked yet, they've pulled in quite the recruiting class this year. Currently ranked 3rd in Big12 behind the usual suspects in OU and UT, and also ahead of TCU.
TCU class will finish better but they have had a stellar early recruiting class. Especially at the RB position where they have 2 4Star kids committed.