• The KillerFrogs

East Side Club email

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
23486282018_8bc769f0a9_h.jpg

It's like everyone went to the game with their twin, and then they sat on opposite sides of AGC.

But the cool new logo on the 50 and reverse end zone stencils are revolutionary!

razor488

Get that out of here. This thread is about AD bashing, the critique of our class system, the need for the sun to reverse its course, Metallica, the cost of a country club and comparing TCU to Bama.

I would also like to take a moment to complain about the wrap around video board. It inhibits my view of the showgirls, requiring me to lean forward to an awkward degree.

HeidelFrog

I made sure at the end to point out that if they hope to keep the stadium full they should allow alcohol sales with no in/out. IMHO
This has been brought up many times before at different events. TCU charges a premium price for parking spots near the stadium. Most everyone in those spots, loves the in and out policy. You get to come out at halftime and enjoy your own tailgate and on hot days it gives people who need it a chance to cool off in their vehicle with the A/C on. Eliminating that policy could back fire in several different ways. 1) People don't pay for those spots anymore, which are way more expensive then any seats 2) People still go out at halftime and just don't come back in. Cheer from the parking lot instead of the stands.. Personally, I believe in freedom. Keep the in and out policy and serve alcohol in the stadium. Donate a small % of sales to an alcohol education program.

netty2424

This has been brought up many times before at different events. TCU charges a premium price for parking spots near the stadium. Most everyone in those spots, loves the in and out policy. You get to come out at halftime and enjoy your own tailgate and on hot days it gives people who need it a chance to cool off in their vehicle with the A/C on. Eliminating that policy could back fire in several different ways. 1) People don't pay for those spots anymore, which are way more expensive then any seats 2) People still go out at halftime and just don't come back in. Cheer from the parking lot instead of the stands.. Personally, I believe in freedom. Keep the in and out policy and serve alcohol in the stadium. Donate a small % of sales to an alcohol education program.
Those folks didn't come back anyways so I wouldn't call it a back fire. And the close spots are just another measuring contest. That will never go away.

Dogfrog

TCU has to love tailgating. It allows them to charge thousands for each parking spot. It takes them off the hook for alcohol related liabilities because they didn't sell it. It's a win/win and the main reason beer won't be served in the stadium except clubs IMO.

HeidelFrog

Thankfully for y'all, the survey allowed for me to get out a healthy amount of west side lower bowl venting. Should be enough to last a couple weeks.
Hahaha. I always enjoy reading those. I'm imagining something like;
Dear CDC,
We have people sitting in the lower west side bowl, directly behind our team bench, in comfortable seat back chairs,with tables in front of them, being served alcohol while inside the stadium and they are the first ones to always get the shade. These people are not good fans! I watch them, I know! They are not in their seats at all times, they do not cheer the loudest, they do not stand the entire game and they do not go shirtless with their chest painted purple. I do!! I demand they be forced to switch places with better fans, like myself. I will make that section look good. Just put me in the seat CDC. I understand that these people probably donate tens of thousands a year more then I do. But, I'm sure GP would take a pay cut to have fans like me sitting in that section. If you can not do this, then at least cram some more seats in there. I'm ready...

Sand Frog

I can tell you selling alcohol inside the stadium won't stop the in and out problem. I finally got in the lower west side section that sells alcohol this season. It's still a mass exodus at half time to the tailgates with most not returning.

WhatTheFrog

This school makes it difficult to be a loyal season ticket holder.

Had 4 west lower bowl seats - renovation moved me to east side.
Had a good lot 5 parking spot - garage pushed me back to lot 4
Have "decentish" 40 yard seats on row Z on east side - this reno will push me out for sure.

This will probably force me to become a tailgater. I'll take up space in a lot with a single measly cheapo season ticket and party like a rockstar with 40-50 of my closest friends!

dkfrog

This school makes it difficult to be a loyal season ticket holder.

Had 4 west lower bowl seats - renovation moved me to east side.
Had a good lot 5 parking spot - garage pushed me back to lot 4
Have "decentish" 40 yard seats on row Z on east side - this reno will push me out for sure.

This will probably force me to become a tailgater. I'll take up space in a lot with a single measly cheapo season ticket and party like a rockstar with 40-50 of my closest friends!

I seriously doubt you will be pushed out of your Row Z seats on the east side. On the contrary, you will likely get to move up a bit due to people moving to the new club (that will be way behind you).