• The KillerFrogs

East Side Club email

AroundWorldFrog

Talks about shade, misters and the like for the seats.

Looks to be suites on top, club seats in the middle and loge suits on either side of the club area.

Some serious $ is being asked to fund this project--like giving $12-$17k per seat donation spread over a number of years for the RIGHTS to purchase the seats. It goes up from there on other seat areas--I suspect that will be a non-starter for most folks.

Also, there will be a premium club for 365 days use that they want $400/month for which includes gym access--billing the club like country clubs around town.

No talk about missus?

UnderToad

Dear ___

I am seeking your feedback as TCU considers options to potentially expand Amon G. Carter Stadium’s premium seating options on the east side.

Our stadium is one of the finest facilities in the country and we have taken tremendous pride in doing our best to offer our devoted fans a world-class experience. Over the past few years we have received countless inquiries from fans interested in club seats and suites. However, the wait list for these offerings is long and with limited offerings, we have not been able to accommodate the overwhelming majority of these inquiries.

At this point no decisions have been made regarding future renovations or additions to the stadium. The University is, however, actively searching for ways to improve the game day experience for Horned Frogs fans while remaining steadfastly committed to preserving the tradition and atmosphere unique to our Stadium.

We recently engaged Legends and CSL International, a sports facility planning and advisory firm located in Plano, Texas, to conduct a market study to determine the potential support for premium seating additions and improvements on the east side of the Stadium.

As part of the study efforts, your participation in this survey is very important to the University so that informed decisions can be made regarding the future of the Stadium that will meet the needs and desires of Horned Frogs football fans.

As a proud supporter of TCU and our football program, your opinion is valuable. Please click on the link below to access the Amon G. Carter Stadium Premium Seating Feasibility Survey. The final deadline to complete this survey is October 4, 2017.

[Survey link]

Your continued interest and support of TCU Athletics is greatly appreciated. Go Frogs!

Sincerely,

[CDC]

CDC

ifrog

23486282018_8bc769f0a9_h.jpg
When we win a national title we will need that East side addition. T-shirt fans love a winner.

tcumaniac

#AmonGCarterCountryClub

There was literally a portion of the survey asking what your Country Club affiliation was and then basically asked questions trying to figure out if you'd be interested in a TCU Country Club at the stadium.

Dogfrog

Talks about shade, misters and the like for the seats.

Looks to be suites on top, club seats in the middle and loge suits on either side of the club area.

Some serious $ is being asked to fund this project--like giving $12-$17k per seat donation spread over a number of years for the RIGHTS to purchase the seats. It goes up from there on other seat areas--I suspect that will be a non-starter for most folks.

Also, there will be a premium club for 365 days use that they want $400/month for which includes gym access--billing the club like country clubs around town.

haven't opened the survey but from this it appears east side club would represent an extremely significant premium over west side. Also the premium club is a separate project / offering? Does east side get +4? (jk)

Chongo94

#AmonGCarterCountryClub

There was literally a portion of the survey asking what your Country Club affiliation was and then basically asked questions trying to figure out if you'd be interested in a TCU Country Club at the stadium.

Really? Will only reinforce the belief among other fan bases that we're all snobs....

PEASANTS!

MAcFroggy

haven't opened the survey but from this it appears east side club would represent an extremely significant premium over west side. Also the premium club is a separate project / offering? Does east side get +4? (jk)

Personal Seat License just like the NFL. Bold strategy.

f_399

I do hope they would take this opportunity to provide a lot of shade over the east side seats. If we are going to continue to have 11 and 2:30 games in September/October, that is the least they could do.

At 11AM the east side will probably start in the shade anyways, at 2:30, the sun will be right on top, hard to get shade anywhere in the stadium.

As a 2:30 game progresses, the shade builds on the west side, not sure what structure to build to get the east side shade.

tcumaniac

I do hope they would take this opportunity to provide a lot of shade over the east side seats. If we are going to continue to have 11 and 2:30 games in September/October, that is the least they could do.
They won't. They're just adding high $$$ suites and club seats. Don't expect to benefit from this unless you're willing to shell out major dough.

I'm as conservative and capitalistic as they come, but our stadium is very elitist. Wish we focused more on creating a great game day atomosphere for our team, and focused less on creating a posh setting for our high society, country club "fans".

rM3panno

This is why they should have assessed this contingency when they did the initial rebuild. I'm in construction and this is essentially a remodel. There are/will be significant costs to make these modifications over and above what would have been required had this been done when the stadium was taken to ground level. I have a group of 17 people I buy tickets for and this would likely drive a price stake right through our group. Oddly enough I was interested in what they seemed to be brainstorming about a club open for other events and meals. The one time construction fees were quite steep for almost every option I looked at.

Horned Toad

I can't imagine why they would want to build more seats that would be empty like on the westside. I guess they could build a club section but keep the current seat configuration as it is and add some freaking shade. That would satisfy all parties and not create a whole new empty section of seats for the TV cameras. If you think the westside club seat section looks empty I can't image what the eastside would look like at 2:30 PM in September.