• The KillerFrogs

East Side Club email

HFrog12

Let me ask you this: why did GP like the fact that our student section is behind the visitors bench?

You serious Clark? Because home fans get noisy while their team is on defense. Of course you want wild students behind the visitor bench and not your own. I am sure he would rather have them behind the visitor bench than in the upper deck like some stadiums. I think GP just wants max noise as close to the field as possible. I am sure when there is a big 3rd down and our players stand on the bench, and turn around to pump up the crowd, they love to see a half empty section with people sitting there sipping their cocktails.

I don't stare at certain sections of the stadium as I would rather watch the game also. The WSLB being empty a lot of the time is pretty much impossible to miss. Which is a head scratcher because those are the best seats in the house. I am not hating on wslb season ticket holders. They bought the tickets so it is their prerogative to sit there or not. On the contrary, I am actually suggesting we have more wslb fans in that area with more seats, not take the current people away. Agree with Heidel, it takes all kinds of fans to make the program successful. I just find it hard to believe that small group of fans are going to throw a fit because they no longer have a table or 5 feet of leg room. I have been fortunate enough to sit in those seats and I just chuckle at all the wasted space and seats all around me that are empty. I am just brainstorming solutions to increase the density of premium seats for the fans that want them, can pay, and will consistently go. If they double the capacity in the wslb bowl premium I still wont be able to afford it so it is no personal gain to me. I will still enjoy my UD seats like I always do!

AustinFrog

My concern is, that as an everyday Frog on the eastside, that I will be moved again to make room for more dollar fans. I accept that as part of winning and a much better stadium, I lost my amazing seats (the row even with the portal, 2 seats in either side if the 50 eastside) and the cost has risen. I have been going to game since the 70's and I would trade seats and money for the program as it is and will be, but I don't know about being reseated again.

FYI, I drive from Austin, and have missed 6 total home games and 3 Bowls since 98. I also feel I have let the team down if I can speak before Monday after a game. Where in all this money talk are fans like me being protected?

YA

Again, they are not moving anyone - the plan is adding a deck above the 200 level. The only way you would move is if you chose too.
Exactly--it is like people have confirmation bias and still cannot read or see what is written that no east side seats will be lost or moved.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
If anything, the new East Side Club Area will clear out some space in the West Side Club Area, or open up some seats on the West Side chairbacks. I'd love to be able to move to those.

As for $10K per seat fee ("in 5 easy payments..."), plus $2,500 annually for the seats themselves, that's not going to happen. At least, not without a lottery win or a great deal of shrewd investing...

HeidelFrog

If anything, the new East Side Club Area will clear out some space in the West Side Club Area, or open up some seats on the West Side chairbacks. I'd love to be able to move to those.

As for $10K per seat fee ("in 5 easy payments..."), plus $2,500 annually for the seats themselves, that's not going to happen. At least, not without a lottery win or a great deal of shrewd investing...
Are you sure you want to be grouped in with the WSLB? Your performance as a fan will be graded right along with KH's play.

HFrog12

Looks like Brewing just wants to be in the chairbacks on the West Side...me too! Maybe in the 300s Brewing!? Only performance I hold the WSLB to is being there every once in a while. But they can stay empty if they want, they bought em!

And I have always been appreciative of KH's play, even when he does throw a few boneheaded INTs. He is top 10 in the nation in QBR. Go Frogs!

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I say we take off a nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

He can't make that big of a decision, he's just a Grunt - no offense.
-None taken. Faro, you there?
--Copy.
-Prepare for immediate dustoff & evac. Takeoff, then nuke it from orbit. Only way to be sure.