• The KillerFrogs

Doug Meacham returning to the staff [MOD EDIT: Now Official]

Eight

I don't know what the hell y'all are even talking about. According to the FSU website:

During his three years at TCU, Thomsen directed one of the top offensive lines in the country and coached five all-conference performers. The Horned Frogs led the Big 12 in fewest sacks allowed in each of his first two seasons, averaging 1.23 sacks allowed per game in 2018 and 1.29 in 2017 to rank 14th and 19th, respectively, in the country. The 2019 line paved the way for the Horned Frogs to average 204.0 rushing yards per game.

interesting that you can take parts of the story and create a story that has some truth

the 2017 offensive line was a very good group that opened the holes to a solid run game and allowed only 18 sacks in 14 games(over 400 pass attempts)

the 2018 offensive line did a good job pass blocking as well allowing 16 sacks in 13 games (over 400 pass attempts). the offense struggled greatly, anderson was hurt, and the run game struggled until late in the year.

in 2019 the frogs did average over 200 yards a game on the ground.

interesting thing is there is mention about the frogs having an experienced offensive line in 2019, but consider that the group that started against ok state in the must win game in 2018 was mckinney, elliott, gaynor, harris, and niang.

elliott and gaynor were gone in 2019 and the only one of the other 3 who played more than 5 games was mckinney. niang shut it down after 5 games and harris i believe only played 2 games.

AroundWorldFrog

I don't know what the hell y'all are even talking about. According to the FSU website:

During his three years at TCU, Thomsen directed one of the top offensive lines in the country and coached five all-conference performers. The Horned Frogs led the Big 12 in fewest sacks allowed in each of his first two seasons, averaging 1.23 sacks allowed per game in 2018 and 1.29 in 2017 to rank 14th and 19th, respectively, in the country. The 2019 line paved the way for the Horned Frogs to average 204.0 rushing yards per game.
Mark Cohen write that?

j/k

Dogfrog

In 2019 Duggan rushed for 555 yards, more than Olonilua. Some designed plays and some running for his life. Delton added 100 yds. QB rushing attempts - 149. Duggan is a good runner but would be good to reduce the attempts.

Eight

In 2019 Duggan rushed for 555 yards, more than Olonilua. Some designed plays and some running for his life. Delton added 100 yds. QB rushing attempts - 149. Duggan is a good runner but would be good to reduce the attempts.

among many of the puzzling things about the 2019 offense one has to be the shift from a run game centered around the running backs to a run game that emphasized the quarterback

Palliative Care

Duggan being a soph should help. We need more imaginative play calling and hopefully some of the additional WR can find separation from the defenders more so Duggan does not have to force the ball so much. of course better blocking would help too. A lot of this will depend upon the adjustments made between now and Sept. I make no real evaluation of the offense now because so much can change in the meantime. I am also interested in seeing if Baldwin is a player.

Dogfrog

Duggan being a soph should help. We need more imaginative play calling and hopefully some of the additional WR can find separation from the defenders more so Duggan does not have to force the ball so much. of course better blocking would help too. A lot of this will depend upon the adjustments made between now and Sept. I make no real evaluation of the offense now because so much can change in the meantime. I am also interested in seeing if Baldwin is a player.

Would like to see what Duggan could do with a RB dominated running game.

Purp

I'd like to see if Baldwin can ever get out of the training room.

Purp

he struggles with his reads and putting touch on the ball. Kid needs work regardless of philosophy. I’m hoping Baldwin can step up and give Duggan time to develop.
Duggan has more experience than Baldwin. Not sure how this makes sense anymore. People who seem to prefer Baldwin should hope Duggan gives him time to develop. Maybe he can get a medical redshirt and still have eligibility after Duggan graduates.

stbrab

Duggan has more experience than Baldwin. Not sure how this makes sense anymore. People who seem to prefer Baldwin should hope Duggan gives him time to develop. Maybe he can get a medical redshirt and still have eligibility after Duggan graduates.
Agree. I for one hope Baldwin is really good, because I think the competition will help both of their development. Max really impressed me considering he was a Freshman. He made typical Freshman mistakes, just like Andy. But I think he has a significant upside, just like Andy. I think any of us would take another Andy Dalton.

Palliative Care

I am very sure that they are going for a medical red shirt for Baldwin's first year here. It would leave him a year behind Duggan as strange as that sounds. I don't know that I see Baldwin taking away the job from Duggan but good competition never hurts anyone.

Eight

Agree. I for one hope Baldwin is really good, because I think the competition will help both of their development. Max really impressed me considering he was a Freshman. He made typical Freshman mistakes, just like Andy. But I think he has a significant upside, just like Andy. I think any of us would take another Andy Dalton.

i agree that i would like to see competition for the position just as with any position.

the other big concern right now is depth at the position especially if baldwin is having health problems that might be chronic.

frogs only have 3 scholarship quarterbacks on the roster and eli williams is recovering from reconstructive knee surgery. some think he might end up at a different position, but regardless for right now he may not be ready to play come the fall leaving the frogs with duggan and baldwin.

Purp

Duggan arrived with far more talent than Andy did. By all accounts he has the same work ethic as Andy too. That could be a recipe for a terrific QB. I have a lot of confidence that Baldwin is also an excellent QB, but if both reach their full potential I think Duggan ends up being the better QB.

Palliative Care

I am not an orthopedic doc but when I watched Baldwin in warm ups he did not seem to be limited at all. Now will he have problems over the course of a season? We won't know until he gets there. After having multiple surgeries scare tissue can be a problem along with stability of the joint. I don't recall exactly what his knee problem was initially although I remember them saying he had scar tissue removed with the second surgery.