• The KillerFrogs

Dear Mr. Del Conte, Admin and TCU fans

dweller

Crunch, you are way too rational for these people.
Wrong, the same "sell out" could have been acomplished by selling +4's in the corners. That would have allowed long time fans the oppertunity to purchase the better seats , which would then NOT BE EMPTY or seating VISITING FANS. CDC dropped the ball on this.

joejordan

Wrong, the same "sell out" could have been acomplished by selling +4's in the corners. That would have allowed long time fans the oppertunity to purchase the better seats , which would then NOT BE EMPTY or seating VISITING FANS. CDC dropped the ball on this.

In retrospect, you are probably right. However, these decisions were made before the drama of the Big 12 and the ramifications that brought. Were we going to sellout the expensive seats with games against Cincy, Rutgers and USF?

Couldn't take the chance in year 1.

fanatical frog

Right. You also wouldn't have alienated roughly 40% of your fan base.

NotTheWAC

I don't really care one way or the other, but Section 411 was filled with KState fans. It was a little shocking. These are supposed to be TCU seats. the UT/OU games might be really bad.

fanatical frog

In retrospect, you are probably right. However, these decisions were made before the drama of the Big 12 and the ramifications that brought. Were we going to sellout the expensive seats with games against Cincy, Rutgers and USF?

Couldn't take the chance in year 1.

They were? I don't recall precisely when the B12 announcement was made but I think it was early last October. If that's correct it would have given them six months to establish reseating policy. If six months ain't enough time to put that plan together then, for sure, we got the wrong people doing it.

Even if you're correct, the reseating policy was heavy handed regardless which conference we go into and bound to upset folks.

fanatical frog

Again, what exactly is the +4 system?

Thanks.

Assuming you're sincere....the +4 system allowed each season ticket account holder (when their turn to select seats came up) to buy four tickets additional to the four they currently held. Sorry for the awkward wording but this whole clusterf..k has given me tired head.

PurpleBlood87

I'm just tired of sitting on row V in 233 and looking down and seeing KSU or Tech fans sitting in midfield chair backs. It's really depressing. And most of those clumps on opposing fans are groups of four. HMMMMMMM go figure.

I don't really care one way or the other, but Section 411 was filled with KState fans. It was a little shocking. These are supposed to be TCU seats. the UT/OU games might be really bad.

yup... you just wait... the only reason it wasn't bad is we blacked out and thier colors are purple..

just wait till you see all the crimson on Dec 1st.... and hear "boomer... sooner..." a lot louder than it should be in our home stadium

So why aren't our fans buying the tickets on Stubhub? Those who were squeezed out still have a chance to buy on Stubhub. Why are only visiting fans buying those? TCU fans have just as equal an opportunity to buy those.

BelushiBob

So why aren't our fans buying the tickets on Stubhub? Those who were squeezed out still have a chance to buy on Stubhub. Why are only visiting fans buying those? TCU fans have just as equal an opportunity to buy those.

I would like to buy quality season tickets. Season tickets in the nose bleeds doesnt interest me. So I view buying tickets above regular price as a waste of money.

pcf

This- three rows in front of me is four seats together of opposing fans every game...., with another four in front of them....and four behind me....in the old stadium I had the same folks sit around me for 15 years....perhaps 15 years from now, we'll get stability in this stadium,,,but right now I feel like im sitting in a perpetual visitors sections....so much for 30 years of season tickets and frog club membership...

That is the reality for a lot of people, but reality is offensive to people who want to believe otherwise.
That sense of environment is more important than seatbacks and big hot dogs.