• The KillerFrogs

Dear Mr. Del Conte, Admin and TCU fans

ShreveFrog

@Duece, "pretty full" is being pretty generous. The camera angle and lighting in your pic doesn't do it justice. I sit directly across near midfield, and the showing on the lower west side all year makes me wanna puke my tailgate.

fanatical frog

Ditto, as season ticket holders, don't like visiting fans yelling around me, as has happened every game this year (including Grambling, except nothing for them to yell about.) (east side, midfield, row cc).

BUT EVEN WORSE IS THE HALF EMPTY FUNERAL ON THE LOWER FLIPPIN' WEST SIDE. IT MUST BE ADDRESSED. I FEEL SORRY FOR COACHES AND PLAYERS WHO WORK THEIR BUTTS OFF, ONLY TO HAVE SLEEPY OR NON-EXISTENT FANS AT THEIR BACKS. AND IT'S EMBARRASSING. IF THEY DON'T COME OUT TO SUPPORT US AGAINST THE #2 TEAM (UH, MAKE THAT #1 TEAM) IN THE NATION ON A GREAT EVENING, WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO COME OUT?

Exactly ! Our "new seats" stare right straight across the field at the WSLB and that vision is a disgrace to the people who've made elevating the TCU football program their passion in life.....Del Conte needs to get that fixed or get his resume that now includes "sold out the entire frigging stadium" on the street.

hometown frog

I wish you guys would figure out math. There aren't that many seats in the Champions Level area. Its always going to look thin compared to the rest of the stadium seating. (the one area I wish TCU would have done differently when they built this was have a few extra rows stuffed in there. No reason to have walking paths between you and the seat in front of you.) even when that whole section is half full, that's only 50-100 seats. Its not that hard to fathom that 50-100 folks are always back getting food, going to the bathroom, making a phone call, etc. Why keep harping on it?

As for the +4, I still say it worked. I said from the beginning that it would take 3-5 years to get everything stable. Some folks over purchased seats, some folks were put in sections they don't like.that will take a few seasons to work itself out. Getting on here every week freaking out about it just isn't worth it.

fanatical frog

I agree the showing in those sections has been bad, but I thought this was the best turnout for those sections this season.

It was. And, at it's highest point it MIGHT have been 60% full. Our athletic department kicked loyal fans out of those seats and replaced them with friends of club seat holders or "I got free seats from a corporate sponsor" type folks who mostly could give a crap less about TCU football.

Nice job athletic department.

fanatical frog

I wish you guys would figure out math. There aren't that many seats in the Champions Level area. Its always going to look thin compared to the rest of the stadium seating. (the one area I wish TCU would have done differently when they built this was have a few extra rows stuffed in there. No reason to have walking paths between you and the seat in front of you.) even when that whole section is half full, that's only 50-100 seats. Its not that hard to fathom that 50-100 folks are always back getting food, going to the bathroom, making a phone call, etc. Why keep harping on it?

As for the +4, I still say it worked. I said from the beginning that it would take 3-5 years to get everything stable. Some folks over purchased seats, some folks were put in sections they don't like.that will take a few seasons to work itself out. Getting on here every week freaking out about it just isn't worth it.

The Champions Area ALWAYS features way more empty seat backs than any other area in the stadium. ALWAYS. I doubt those people have to pee any more frequently than people in other areas of the stadium.

Getting on here every week defending a really screwed up, wrong headed policy isn't going to change the fact that a lot of people are really, really pist about and it isn't going to make anyone less bitter about it either....therefore, not worth it.

smufrogger

In my section I had KSU fans sitting next to me, as well as the seats on the two rows immediately behind me. Nice folks, but it is grating to think about the fact that I am a season ticket holder, I drive to every game from Houston, and I have to sit amongst the opposing fans at every. single. game. There are at least 25 seats within three rows of me that have been filled by opposing fans at every game except Grambling.

This- three rows in front of me is four seats together of opposing fans every game...., with another four in front of them....and four behind me....in the old stadium I had the same folks sit around me for 15 years....perhaps 15 years from now, we'll get stability in this stadium,,,but right now I feel like im sitting in a perpetual visitors sections....so much for 30 years of season tickets and frog club membership...

It was. And, at it's highest point it MIGHT have been 60% full. Our athletic department kicked loyal fans out of those seats and replaced them with friends of club seat holders or "I got free seats from a corporate sponsor" type folks who mostly could give a crap less about TCU football.

Nice job athletic department.

+4

The entire athletic department deserves to be fired.

fanatical frog

This- three rows in front of me is four seats together of opposing fans every game...., with another four in front of them....and four behind me....in the old stadium I had the same folks sit around me for 15 years....perhaps 15 years from now, we'll get stability in this stadium,,,but right now I feel like im sitting in a perpetual visitors sections....so much for 30 years of season tickets and frog club membership...

This. Same here. The +4 policy got a nice resume entry for our AD and a chance for a few hundred dirt bags to pick up a few hundred bucks a year but, for the rest of us, it has us sitting with the enemy.

smufrogger

I'm not one to copmlaind about seating, but email CDC, don't post here.
CDC's CV/Resume probably already has on it how he increased TCU's season ticket sales by 25% .....by selling the +4 system and increasing corporate seating- which I also think he won't mention how most of the long term loyal TCU fan base hates hwo he did it and how it has created a visitor section feel in all but the club seats....
He cares not about me as a fan, that I guarantee...he didnt so much as return my two emails on issues with the stadium.

joejordan

It was important to sell out the season this year, with the Big 12 and the new stadium and big donors not wanting to be embarrassed. CDC and others new they could COUNT on the plus 4's to BUY the tickets. They also KNEW that it would likely result in empty seats at some games, if not most games. That was a secondary concern.

Those tickets sold will, over time, become available for TCU fans to purchase as owners decline to renew, etc., because the request will not be as earnest.

They achieved the goal of rebuilding the stadium, earning a spot in the Big 12 and celebrating that by selling out the stadium. Thats the storyline for 2012. When the process started, we were headed to the Big East. Selling out the stadium was not a sure thing, based on travel distances and our fickle fans.

For PR purposes, the stadium HAD to be a sellout. In retrospect, that would likely have happened without the +4. At the time, however, lots and lots of the people complaining on here about 'their' longtime seats, etc, were not projected to help with the goal of selling out the Carter.

Be opportunistic and you will likely find better seats in the near future. But keep complaining on here, it helps with ad revenue.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Ditto, as season ticket holders, don't like visiting fans yelling around me, as has happened every game this year (including Grambling, except nothing for them to yell about.) (east side, midfield, row cc).

BUT EVEN WORSE IS THE HALF EMPTY FUNERAL ON THE LOWER FLIPPIN' WEST SIDE. IT MUST BE ADDRESSED. I FEEL SORRY FOR COACHES AND PLAYERS WHO WORK THEIR BUTTS OFF, ONLY TO HAVE SLEEPY OR NON-EXISTENT FANS AT THEIR BACKS. AND IT'S EMBARRASSING. IF THEY DON'T COME OUT TO SUPPORT US AGAINST THE #2 TEAM (UH, MAKE THAT #1 TEAM) IN THE NATION ON A GREAT EVENING, WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO COME OUT?
+4

joejordan

And he shows his face..... The +4 hero even though he himself was displaced. You have no credibility here. Resume your position as the +4 footstool.

I was not displaced. I also chose not to buy +4. The anger you carry over getting owned in thread after thread is palpable.

You looking for some dude in a bent over position? I should have known.

BBG817

It is unfortunate it has played out this way, but everyone will have to ask themselves if there is enough value to renew.

I believe that the athletic dept will try to improve the situation in the offseason, you will have drops that occur naturally because of +4 and people who wanted to make sure they liked the club before committing for years as well as I expect the athletic dept will encourage the prime seat empties to reconsider if they need them. The spacing doesn't help the situation

joejordan

It is unfortunate it has played out this way, but everyone will have to ask themselves if there is enough value to renew.

I believe that the athletic dept will try to improve the situation in the offseason, you will have drops that occur naturally because of +4 and people who wanted to make sure they liked the club before committing for years as well as I expect the athletic dept will encourage the prime seat empties to reconsider if they need them. The spacing doesn't help the situation

Loyalty, commitment and capitalism at work. Right here at little 'ol TCU!