• The KillerFrogs

Dear Mr. Del Conte, Admin and TCU fans

Sangria Wine

I have heard some of those right near Colonial make real dough doing it. Not a few hundred bucks. Upwards of $20,000 each in cold hard bills. I would tell you that if there was that kind of coin available then yes, there would be some motivation. That is almost enough jack to pay their property taxes for the entire year.

4 extra tickets x 3 premium games per year ($100 profit per ticket/per game) = $1,200
4 extra tickets x 3 normal games per year (break even if you are lucky enough to sell them) = $0
Total Enterprise = $1,200

You call that serious motivation to go through the hassle? I say no way. Like I said before, there are CLEARLY some people doing it. More than 1,000? I absolutely doubt that. Its salient to you because you see it happening right under your nose but in the grand scheme of things it is irrelevant. There are 3,139 tickets available on Stubhub right now for TCU vs. Texas on Thanksgiving Day. There are 1,176 available for OU vs. TCU.

mwindsorfw

I have heard some of those right near Colonial make real dough doing it. Not a few hundred bucks. Upwards of $20,000 each in cold hard bills. I would tell you that if there was that kind of coin available then yes, there would be some motivation. That is almost enough jack to pay their property taxes for the entire year.

Baloney. 20 cars on your law for five days, even at $100 a car will only get you $10,000. From what I've seen the going rate is about $40 a car and I bet most people get about 10 cars on their lawn. That's $2,000. Subtract out the cost of new landscaping and sprinkler heads, and maybe you have enough for a good drunk and BBQ.

Ron Swanson

Define great seats. Eliminate the east side. Most folks that had west side season tickets for years/decades don't want to sit on the east side.

Well that's their choice, and because for whatever reason they don't want to sit on the east side, they chose to sit in the nose bleeds. Either way, they weren't forced into the nose bleeds, they chose to go into the nose bleeds because the closer seats didn't appeal to them.

He said they were forced into the nose bleeds, and my point was that they weren't... they chose those seats over non-nosebleed seats

Sangria Wine

Baloney. 20 cars on your law for five days, even at $100 a car will only get you $10,000. From what I've seen the going rate is about $40 a car and I bet most people get about 10 cars on their lawn. That's $2,000. Subtract out the cost of new landscaping and sprinkler heads, and maybe you have enough for a good drunk and BBQ.

The cars generally sit there for only part of the day. The people I am speaking of charge $40 to $100 depending on the day. Pro-Am days people come and go all day long at $40 to $50 a car. On the weekend they can charge more and tend to have the cars not turn over as fast. I'm just passing on what I have heard about some of those who actually do it.

Sangria Wine

They're making a lot more than that

Do the math. They are not doing more than that. $100 in profit on big games is probably best case scenario across all 3 "big games". You can always find a few online that are asking and getting ultra-high prices but that is not the normal transaction. $100-$150 a ticket for the "big games" is about what the 1,000 or so "good seats" actually sell for any given week on Stubhub. They paid $34 for the ticket as a season ticket holder assuming the seat took no donation to acquire. The "less desirable games" have tickets that sell for at or below face value by the end. There are plenty that are not even able to sell their seats at all. Sure a few get $60-$75 but not that many.

What do YOU think they are making out of the whole endeavor. Break it down for me like I did for you.

fanatical frog

Won't matter all those plus +4s will be dumping their seats after this season. Hopefully. Then good fans can oust Tech and KSU fans from prime East side seats.

Not looking like it. The stadium has been packed and a couple thousand SRO seats sold for every game except Iowa State.....so those who bought +4 in order to "make a buck" are obviously "making their buck".....they'll hang on to those +4 for as long as they can continue picking some some pissie [Craig James] amount of cash.

The few that let the +4 go back after this season aren't going to provide much, if any, opportunity for others to move up to better seats.