• The KillerFrogs

Ch 5 now. Breaking news.

BABYFACE

LurkerFrog said:
Well, why the heck aren't these being reported on the front page of the startle gram and the NBC twittering about it?
Because nobody calls the cops over this. Thus, life moves on.

West Coast Johnny

Patterson said something about Tuaua having a partially torn ligament in his press conference today.  Inferring that he will ask for and get a medical redshirt... it means that he'll be back here next year... but wouldn't have been punished?  So he has not played because he's injured, not because he's being punished?  It means that he could get a red-shirt and then have to serve a suspension (if any) the first few games of next year?  Convoluted as hell.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
West Coast Johnny said:
Patterson said something about Tuaua having a partially torn ligament in his press conference today.  Inferring that he will ask for and get a medical redshirt... it means that he'll be back here next year... but wouldn't have been punished?  So he has not played because he's injured, not because he's being punished?  It means that he could get a red-shirt and then have to serve a suspension (if any) the first few games of next year?  Convoluted as hell.
I don't know exactly how it works, but could you get those suspension games in this year so he could be available fully next year?

OICU812

West Coast Johnny said:
He was saying that Tuaua MIGHT do a medical year. It will be up to the player. His injury is such that if this incident had not happened, he would have to decide whether to play through it (a partial ligament tear) or have surgery and be shut down for the season. As it is now, because he hasn't played since Minny, he can redshirt the year, or in theory, play if he is cleared by the school to play.

wamos001

I got a question - here in Houston, victims of assault are typically not redacted in criminal documents unless they are under the age of 18 or unless they are victims of sexual assault.

Why are the names of those who were allegedly beaten up by Tuaua and APW redacted?  Does each county have different rules?

yurintroubl

GeorgeLanescaddy said:

I was there and those guys where white trash. I hated the guy in the visor the most.

Wasn't by chance a goalie?  ....or a really tall blonde midfielder?

if yer talking early to mid 90s.  (fwiw - one was a great guy, the other...)

Austintxfrog94

ftwfrog said:
Here's a thought:

If it's a party, isn't the beer pretty much community property? Back in my day, or any day nobody sits on a case of keystone light. You bring an 18 pack to get into the party, or pay 10$ to get in and drink the beer. How does the victim know it's his case. In an idea to make a profit, keystone(aka millerCoors) makes multiple cases of beer in hopes of selling more.
IVstzUb.png

These guys don't find your thought funny at all.

wamos001 said:
I got a question - here in Houston, victims of assault are typically not redacted in criminal documents unless they are under the age of 18 or unless they are victims of sexual assault.

Why are the names of those who were allegedly beaten up by Tuaua and APW redacted?  Does each county have different rules?
Good question

Bruce Berry

wamos001 said:

Was there some under age drinking at the party?

screetch

wamos001 said:

Probably for their protection.  I mean, why would anybody want to know their names ?

wamos001

screetch said:

Probably for their protection.  I mean, why would anybody want to know their names ?
I assume that's the reason.  I was just curious if this is normal for Tarrant County or if this was a special instance provided for by the DA/FWPD due to the persona of the alleged aggressor.

HToady

wamos001 said:

My son is a student. I have their names. I'll let Wes or Scott advise as to if they want me to put them on here. I have no problem doing so.

OICU812

wamos001 said:

No good reason. Common practice in sex assault, or cases involving minors, neither of which is this. Kinda fits the conspiracy theory floating around that there is some undue influence being applied here.

Should be fair game for PIA request.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I do not know in details the legality of it. But simply in my opinion, redact everything that is not explicitly needed.

Edit - as a matter of good technique in general is what I'm saying. You know, the whole "if it's released and someone hurts somebody" etc.