• The KillerFrogs

CGP Press Conference

fanatical frog

I'm sorry a fan is fan regardless of seat location. A fair weather fan is one who sulks and rants about seat location and threatens to stop coming. This "me first" attitude is what is killing this country.

If they truly had 20 years of season tickets then they would have priority points to have great seats. I suspect, they refused to spend the money for the seats in similar old locations and went with the seats in the same price range of the old seats. Can't help it they didn't research it enough or too cheap to spend $50-$100 per seat for a better location. Welcome to America--love it or leave it!!!

If they leave, that opens up seats for others. In the end, TCU will be fine and we will have better fans for it.

Maybe you missed, or just forgot, the sentence where I said "I , for one, will sure as hell continue to support what Gary Patterson has built".

As far as opening up seats for others....where do you suspect all those "others" are hiding ? TCU doesn't have 400,000 living alumni like Texas does and can't really afford to be pissing off fans.

As far as "this is America, love it or leave it". I served in Vietnam. Tell us how, when and where you served and maybe they'll put you in charge of who get's to stay in America and who doesn't deserve to or has earned the right to.

Everything I said in the post you quoted is true. You can believe or not believe, that's your choice as an American whose rights have been preserved through the sacrifice of others.

In any event, you called me a liar. In response I'll just say I don't have much concern for the opinion of an entitled prick and let it go at that.

ChrisHulce

Ok..you have helped them get to where they are today...Answer my question, how much did you ever give to the Frog Club since the Priority Points were started? You apparently have all the receipts. How much? There is your answer.

I know people who sat in the end zones for 50 years and went to every game...yelled just as loud...paid about the same exact amount for tickets that you and I did....should they also be entitled to better seats? They chose to give nothing to the Frog Club. But uniike you are not complaining because that's what they chose to do.

Then you don't know the same people I do ... people who (including myself) gave to the Frog Club for a signifigant number of those years (at least 6) have been displaced. I don't give a rats behind if you don't know any of those people. And I say again, unless you work in some capacity at TCU and can prove that I'm the one exception that somehow got messed up ... I'll believe what I know to be true. Is that really hard for you to grasp. This happened and unless you have some hard proof that it didn't ... I'll choose to believe the people I know and my own experience.

ChrisHulce

I've had the same question ever since the complaining started. I graduated in '11, and this will only be my 3rd season of having four season tickets and donating $0. I have tickets midway up in 403 on the aisle. Not bad seats, obviously not great. But if I was buying season tickets for say 10 years instead of the two previous years, I have to imagine I'd be able to get in the 300s or section 217 or something like those seats. And if you complain about those seats, then it's time to face reality.

Nope ... wrong! I'm one section closer to the 50 than you are and higher up. The systerm didn't work and TCU knows it because if you try to talk to anyone about it you get a royal run around.

frognutz

Listen....HTF do you think the stadium got built in the first place? They donated $15 MILLION F'ING dollars a piece. You give them all the seats they want! It's like 1000 out of 45 THOUSAND seats to sit in.

The only reason we have a stadium to [Rod Gilmore] about is because of them...if they want to put a putting green in those seats or have them converted to personal parking spots...I say let them.

Better yet a swimming pool suite or a couple of hot tubs. Or both! Swimming pool for the September games and hot tub for October and on. I actually like this idea!

Fiscuits

Then you don't know the same people I do ... people who (including myself) gave to the Frog Club for a signifigant number of those years (at least 6) have been displaced. I don't give a rats behind if you don't know any of those people. And I say again, unless you work in some capacity at TCU and can prove that I'm the one exception that somehow got messed up ... I'll believe what I know to be true. Is that really hard for you to grasp. This happened and unless you have some hard proof that it didn't ... I'll choose to believe the people I know and my own experience.
I do have hard proof. You are complaining about not getting to sit where you want.

For the last ten years in a row - did you at least give $5000 to the Frog Club (not annually, but over 10 years) and have at least (2) season full priced season tickets to every home game? If the answer is yes, then yes you 100% got screwed...but are the ONLY one who did.

If you did not...then enjoy the seat where you and the rest of your friends are that have never given a penny and probably bought family fun pack seats.

Fiscuits

Nope ... wrong! I'm one section closer to the 50 than you are and higher up. The systerm didn't work and TCU knows it because if you try to talk to anyone about it you get a royal run around.
Kind of like what you are doing when I have asked you three times very simple, exact questions?
Look at your receipts! :laugh:

YA

Maybe you missed, or just forgot, the sentence where I said "I , for one, will sure as hell continue to support what Gary Patterson has built".

As far as opening up seats for others....where do you suspect all those "others" are hiding ? TCU doesn't have 400,000 living alumni like Texas does and can't really afford to be pissing off fans.

As far as "this is America, love it or leave it". I served in Vietnam. Tell us how, when and where you served and maybe they'll put you in charge of who get's to stay in America and who doesn't deserve to or has earned the right to.

Everything I said in the post you quoted is true. You can believe or not believe, that's your choice as an American whose rights have been preserved through the sacrifice of others.

In any event, you called me a liar. In response I'll just say I don't have much concern for the opinion of an entitled prick and let it go at that.
Thanks for your service. I lost an uncle in that war (A Marine who got a Bronze Star with valor and was a Paris Island Drill Instructor) and my father in law who served in the navy during that war. In fact my wife's male family members are all retired military. My father served in the navy during Korea. I thru luck of history never got the chance.

But, that doesn't change the fact that your "facts" don't add up.

I suspect you chose not to spend more than previous years tickets and that logic got you in the seat location you have now. Deal with it or leave it. I don't care, but your whinny, me first attitude is worthless

YA

I highlighted the most important part of your rant, which is in other words, speculation......which is worthless and not facts.

Fiscuits

I highlighted the most important part of your rant, which is in other words, speculation......which is worthless and not facts.
Agreed - we went from HoppyFrog having receipts and hard "facts" to a vague "significant number"... "at least 6 years".
I would bet that 99.9% of all the complaints fall into this category.

83frog

I do have hard proof. You are complaining about not getting to sit where you want.

For the last ten years in a row - did you at least give $5000 to the Frog Club (not annually, but over 10 years) and have at least (2) season full priced season tickets to every home game? If the answer is yes, then yes you 100% got screwed...but are the ONLY one who did.

If you did not...then enjoy the seat where you and the rest of your friends are that have never given a penny and probably bought family fun pack seats.
I've given well over $5,000 in that period of time and have purchased 4 season tickets per year since 1983. I also have season baseball and basketball tickets and contribute at a high enough level to qualify for Lot1 parking. I'm not even in a scholarship seating section. I would have happlily paid $500 a seat for 103-104, and be there every game...

Ron Swanson

I've given well over $5,000 in that period of time and have purchased 4 season tickets per year since 1983. I also have season baseball and basketball tickets and contribute at a high enough level to qualify for Lot1 parking. I'm not even in a scholarship seating section. I would have happlily paid $500 a seat for 103-104, and be there every game...

And what were your seat options when it came time to pick? Based on the money you gave and how many tickets you've bought, I guarantee you that you were far ahead of me and my friends, and I ended up with good seats (10-15 yard line on the east side).

And it's not like I just got one random seat, my friends and I were able to get a group of 27 together.

Fiscuits

Find this very, very, very hard to believe (and to be honest do not believe it at all). What is your priority points ranking?

I guess this is what puzzles me about you (and all the other with these claims) - there is a published priority points system that this was all based on. It's six years old.

Based on what you just commented on about - your priority points should be higher than mine (and MANY others) so there would be NO WAY you would not have an opportunity at these seats.

Which leads me to the point - most everyone complaining (since no one offers any actual facts) is just butt hurt they don't have a seat, in the shade, under the overhang.

researchfrog

There's a very simple solution.

1. Log into your account.

2. Check that your Priority Points are accurate.

3. Post your number of Priority Points and rank along with how they arrived at that number plus whether you were a season ticket holder last year.

4. Post when you picked.

If the priority points are not calculated correctly or if TCU messed up assigning slots, then we'll have gotten somewhere.

Fiscuits

There's a very simple solution.

1. Log into your account.

2. Check that your Priority Points are accurate.

3. Post your number of Priority Points and rank along with how they arrived at that number plus whether you were a season ticket holder last year.

4. Post when you picked.

If the priority points are not calculated correctly or if TCU messed up assigning slots, then we'll have gotten somewhere.
This - the "claims" are ridiculous

researchfrog

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the claims. Some people may not have accurate priority point counts or there may have been unusual computer glitches in assigning rankings. Stranger things have happened. But without hard numbers, how can we tell?

Fiscuits

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the claims. Some people may not have accurate priority point counts or there may have been unusual computer glitches in assigning rankings. Stranger things have happened. But without hard numbers, how can we tell?
True - it happened to me. However, because of the simplicity of the program - these folks who claim to have "contacted" administration, etc....haven't done so. When I contacted them it was fixed in a three minute phone call and showed up online within 24 hours.