• The KillerFrogs

Call your shot: Who has the most playing time at QB for TCU in 2019?

Which QB plays the most in 2019 for TCU?

• Total voters

Froggish

I think Delton coming in is more about the staff knowing that Collins is not the guy and needing insurance against JR not being able to go 12-13 games (combined with CGP unwilling to bet a true freshman will be ready to roll).

This is actually my take as well but I honestly think it’s not about JR not making it 12 games as much as it is about him not being ready game 1.

Horny4TCU

Delton. Dual threat and more starts than anyone else on the list. If he can keep ball protection a priority, he wins/keeps the job.

netty2424

JR starts opener and crushes it
‘member that time our RB missed a block, JR was standing in the pocket like a man getting ready to throw a dart, LBr had a clear shot to murder him, as he sprinted into the pocket, he tried to lower the boom and JR turned his force field on, and the LBr bounced off and fell down.
giphy.gif

Fortress Frog

I don't understand the idea that Rogers won't be ready at the start of the season but then will suddenly be ready 6 weeks later. So 22 months won't be quite long enough for him to be healed but at 24 months he'll be good to go? How in the world can anyone know that? For that matter, how in the world can anyone on here even know where he'll be health wise for Spring ball? How does anyone KNOW he's not ready right now?

To me, it's just totally pointless to try and play amateur MD with basically no information.

Not sure where you got all those figures you just threw up there. But the point of the thread is to call your shot or predict who the QB will be and why. Nobody “knows” anything. We’re all guessing here.

ShreveFrog

Assuming Collins comes back strong in the fall, I’m riding with him. Better passer than Delton and he’s 6’5.”

I could see Delton coming in as a change of pace guy to run option. Make opponents prep for a 2-headed monster. I know that’s not what Delton came here for. But that’s just how I see it.

And I can hope that freshmen JR or MD knock our socks off. But that’s asking a lot.

CountryFrog

Not sure where you got all those figures you just threw up there. But the point of the thread is to call your shot or predict who the QB will be and why. Nobody “knows” anything. We’re all guessing here.
I'm not getting the figures from anywhere. There are people saying that Rogers won't be ready for game 1 but will be later in the season. My whole point is that I'm not sure where those people are getting their figures since none of us have any idea.

And I agree with you that we're all guessing, which again is my whole point. There are a few people here acting as if they do KNOW what JR's condition is right now.

netty2424

I'm not getting the figures from anywhere. There are people saying that Rogers won't be ready for game 1 but will be later in the season. My whole point is that I'm not sure where those people are getting their figures since none of us have any idea.

And I agree with you that we're all guessing, which again is my whole point. There are a few people here acting as if they do KNOW what JR's condition is right now.
The thread title is “call your shot.”

Call yours and let everyone call theirs. It’s not difficult man. If you think he starts G1, cool. Some think mid-season, so be it.

I haven’t seen one person say GP, Cumbie, or JR told me he’s going to start X.

CountryFrog

The thread title is “call your shot.”

Call yours and let everyone call theirs. It’s not difficult man. If you think he starts G1, cool. Some think mid-season, so be it.

I haven’t seen one person say GP, Cumbie, or JR told me he’s going to start X.
Sorry. I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to make any comments beyond "calling my shot." I know all the people here are real sticklers for making sure that every single thread stays exactly on topic with no variance at all from the title and original post.

And I never said what you're talking about in the second paragraph. My comment was in relation to people who think they know the HEALTH status of JR. Not how many games he will start. There are plenty of people acting like they know his status.

texas_sicilian

Assuming Collins comes back strong in the fall, I’m riding with him. Better passer than Delton and he’s 6’5.”

I could see Delton coming in as a change of pace guy to run option. Make opponents prep for a 2-headed monster. I know that’s not what Delton came here for. But that’s just how I see it.

And I can hope that freshmen JR or MD knock our socks off. But that’s asking a lot.
I really liked some of the things I saw from
Collins. Don’t know why some are down on him. He surprised me, in a good way.

I personally think it’s going to get really interesting after the first few games, when some settle in, some heal up, etc.

That’s all I’m willing to predict at this point.

Frankly, I’m equally if not more worried about our receivers (and WR coaching).

WAY too much talent for them to not be consistently lighting it up, Reagor excluded of course.

Last edited:

Latest posts