• The KillerFrogs

Call your shot: Who has the most playing time at QB for TCU in 2019?

Which QB plays the most in 2019 for TCU?

• Total voters

Froggish

what? so intentionally get a guy that you don't think would really compete at all for the job? that would be a real loser thing to do. Why even waste the scholarship then...
This fall your are going to have 1 first team offense and 4 QBs who all desperately need reps with that 1st team to win the job. If 4 QBs split the fall 1st team reps, We will have a brutal time getting to a bowl. You simply cannot properly prepare 4 QBs. Delton is not hear for depth. He’s here to compete for a starting job...I stand by my original statement that the staff was not comfortable with the 3 scholarship QBs on the roster. They took Delton because they think he might be better then who they have. Seems pretty obvious.

flyfishingfrog

This fall your are going to have 1 first team offense and 4 QBs who all desperately need reps with that 1st team to win the job. If 4 QBs split the fall 1st team reps, We will have a brutal time getting to a bowl. You simply cannot properly prepare 4 QBs. Delton is not hear for depth. He’s here to compete for a starting job...I stand by my original statement that the staff was not comfortable with the 3 scholarship QBs on the roster. They took Delton because they think he might be better then who they have. Seems pretty obvious.
Seems pretty obvious you could have the next coming of Sammy Baugh backed up by the new Vince Young already on your team and if you are going to add a QB, you still take the best one you can get...what kind of loser ass coach picks a warm body to fill a role when someone who stands to contribute is available? Stupid...

notyalc

I disagree. I think we start Collins but JR eventually takes over as he physically gets up to speed. Delton is not a passing QB and will not help move our passing game forward. If he's starting its because we're in trouble.

Froggish

Seems pretty obvious you could have the next coming of Sammy Baugh backed up by the new Vince Young already on your team and if you are going to add a QB, you still take the best one you can get...what kind of loser ass coach picks a warm body to fill a role when someone who stands to contribute is available? Stupid...
You are missing the point....Ofcourse you take the best you can get. My point is that you go Grad Transfer market for more than depth because you know it fills a need more than a warm body. You can get a warm body any where. Hell you have walk on QBs already in the program. I think we agree there..However If your filling the need for something more than a warm body..You probably aren’t to thrilled about who you have now OR their ability to be ready to go by game 1. Why? because you’d have to either be the dumbest coach in America to split first team reps 4 ways or you flat out lied to a kid to get him here...I don’t believe either is true...Why does it matter? Because make no mistake, one of the 3 guys on scholly prior to bringing in Delton is going to have their development delayed because he’s here...He is here with more than a “just depth” expectation.

CountryFrog

I don't understand the idea that Rogers won't be ready at the start of the season but then will suddenly be ready 6 weeks later. So 22 months won't be quite long enough for him to be healed but at 24 months he'll be good to go? How in the world can anyone know that? For that matter, how in the world can anyone on here even know where he'll be health wise for Spring ball? How does anyone KNOW he's not ready right now?

To me, it's just totally pointless to try and play amateur MD with basically no information.

As far as Delton goes, I'm not ruling out him being the starter because I also don't know where Rogers or Collins will be physically or what we can expect of Duggan, but anyone making an assumption that he was brought in because of a lack of faith in those 3 is just throwing [ Finebaum ] against the wall to see what sticks. The simplest explanation is usually the best and this one is pretty simple. We needed a veteran QB with some leadership skills and we simply brought in the best one that we could. Whether he was a Heisman finalist or a backup at a Sun Belt school, we simply needed to bring in the best guy that we could and wherever he falls in the depth chart was of secondary importance.

CountryFrog

I think that if Delton's top priority was playing time then he would've stuck with UTEP. I think it says a lot about the kid that he chose to come into a situation with lots of talent and no guarantees of any playing time. He wants to play at the highest level and isn't afraid of competition. That will serve all the QBs well regardless of who ends up the starter or plays the most.

Froggish

I think that if Delton's top priority was playing time then he would've stuck with UTEP. I think it says a lot about the kid that he chose to come into a situation with lots of talent and no guarantees of any playing time. He wants to play at the highest level and isn't afraid of competition. That will serve all the QBs well regardless of who ends up the starter or plays the most.

That we can agree on

netty2424

I’m still waiting for your proof that it’s been resolved.
No ones denying he’s working through it. But he was cleared to play. And he did. It’s not anywhere near as bad as you perpetually portray it to be. If it was, he wouldn’t have been cleared to play.

You don’t post a ton, but when you do it’s most often related to how severe his drop foot condition is. You seem to have a weird satisfaction about making sure everyone knows it’s way worse than it really is and act like his foot is falling off.

Why?

puckster59

I think Delton coming in is more about the staff knowing that Collins is not the guy and needing insurance against JR not being able to go 12-13 games (combined with CGP unwilling to bet a true freshman will be ready to roll).

asleep003

I disagree. I think we start Collins but JR eventually takes over as he physically gets up to speed. Delton is not a passing QB and will not help move our passing game forward. If he's starting its because we're in trouble.

Glad someone finally gave Collins some mention.

Last edited:

asleep003

Collins starts the season... he has lots of upside. Delton comes in for specific duty. JR could see time eventually. Duggan red shirts. Who ever of the 3 wins the job, will perform well ... with an above average OL in front of them.

Last edited: