• The KillerFrogs

Call your shot: Who has the most playing time at QB for TCU in 2019?

Which QB plays the most in 2019 for TCU?

• Total voters

LawFrog504

Whoever can turn around, hand it off, run forward 5-7 yards and slide, and simply not give the ball to the team in the opposite colored jerseys will be just fine. Ball control, lean on the run, and take care of the rock and we will be more than fine

4 Oaks Frog

It would be interesting to hear the coaching staff's realistic appraisal of Rogers' current status and his

availability to perform adequately at QB. Will the problem with 'drop-foot' still remain a lingering issue?
I wish we could get some video footage of JR running sprints, cutting and doing lateral foot work drills. Jumping the box was cool, but how does it apply? How does he look in sprints and drills? Maybe we could put some of our concern away if we could see how he is working now. I have to say what little I saw of JR in the Ceezieiest Bowl made me afraid for him! But, I still voted for him in this pool. Wishful thinking?
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

Mean Purple

Delton.... and he’s better than many think.
Moose,
Honest question.
I know you follow recruiting more than most, so guessing you have seen some things that bring your view.

What have you seen in Delton's play that brings your view that he is better than what most think?

(I think most of us see that he was not going to start ahead of Skylar this year, and chose to transfer. But guessing you have some observations that feed your view. Also, for the record, I don't think Hurts was a serious target for us. I figured that was UCLA, OU and Miami for him.

Fortress Frog

I wish we could get some video footage of JR running sprints, cutting and doing lateral foot work drills. Jumping the box was cool, but how does it apply? How does he look in sprints and drills? Maybe we could put some of our concern away if we could see how he is working now. I have to say what little I saw of JR in the Ceezieiest Bowl made me afraid for him! But, I still voted for him in this pool. Wishful thinking?
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

I’ll think he’ll be the guy at some point next year as well. People don’t consider that by the Cheez It Bowl, JR was 16 months post injury. It’ll probably be at least a 24 month rehab which would put him right at August.

Jaylon Smith in 2017 was wearing a big arse boot/leg brace for his drop foot and still had trouble cutting and moving laterally. He was probably 60% the player he is now. That for him was at 19-21 months post injury.

Give Justin time.

He gonna be good!

Froggish

It wasn’t doubt, it was depth. It’s just a numbers game. You need 4, we had 3.
Not buying it...If you just wanted to depth you wouldn’t go after a guy to steel reps away from your QBs. You could have got a JUCO kid for that. Feels to me like they wanted a battle because they weren’t comfortable with their core..

You may turn out to be right but I have my doubts.

Froggish

I’ll think he’ll be the guy at some point next year as well. People don’t consider that by the Cheez It Bowl, JR was 16 months post injury. It’ll probably be at least a 24 month rehab which would put him right at August.

Jaylon Smith in 2017 was wearing a big arse boot/leg brace for his drop foot and still had trouble cutting and moving laterally. He was probably 60% the player he is now. That for him was at 19-21 months post injury.

Give Justin time.

He gonna be good!

For perspective, JR is only 16-17 months post surgery. There is a silver lining in a long layoff...His knee will have had double the time a normal kid has to heel. That should be very strong by the time he comes back

Hell Sent Frog

Delton is an experienced Senior, athletic, duel-threat QB who is good at and doesn't mind running with the football and should help greatly our ground game, short yardage offense and even our #1 rated defense with ball possession.

He has everything left of his football career riding on this season and came to TCU for that sole purpose, I feel like he is ready to play with a sense of understanding and urgency.

Last edited:

Wexahu

Delton is an experienced, athletic, duel-threat Senior QB who is good at and doesn't mind running with the football and should help greatly our ground game, short yardage offense and even our #1 rated defense with ball possession.

He has everything left of his football career riding on this season and came to TCU for that sole purpose, I feel like he is ready to play with a sense of understanding and urgency.

He is a hell of an athlete, the only question is his arm. I think it's plenty strong enough but he really struggled with his accuracy at times last year. But he'll be the best running QB we've had here maybe ever, the dude is quick and can fly. Hopefully his passing issues were because of the system he played in more than anything.

Hell Sent Frog

He is a hell of an athlete, the only question is his arm. I think it's plenty strong enough but he really struggled with his accuracy at times last year. But he'll be the best running QB we've had here maybe ever, the dude is quick and can fly. Hopefully his passing issues were because of the system he played in more than anything.

Alex is on a speed team that runs the spread now. I'm sure the hope is that TCU's offense will open things up more for him than KSU's.

texas_sicilian

Not buying it...If you just wanted to depth you wouldn’t go after a guy to steel reps away from your QBs. You could have got a JUCO kid for that. Feels to me like they wanted a battle because they weren’t comfortable with their core..

Just because you need a fourth, doesn’t mean you have to take a mediocre fourth.

If we needed an extra guy, and had the chance to get a quality QB added to the roster that wanted to come here, why not?

Last edited:

flyfishingfrog

what? so intentionally get a guy that you don't think would really compete at all for the job? that would be a real loser thing to do. Why even waste the scholarship then...