• The KillerFrogs

Caleb Tanenbaum's Official Post-Spring Big 12 predictions

Frog-in-law1995

Cat City is delicious. If you convince the wife to go there and Jake is your waiter, give him a hard time. Good friend of mine.

I lost. Houlihan's it is. I think our waiter's name was Jake last time we went to Cat City. Ask him if he remembers a guy bugging him about blue cheese olives.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
I think that is just a marriage thing. Because my wife if the same exact way. And then we end up at Mi Cocina for the third time this week.

I fell for it a couple of times and she actually got mad at me for not "deciding" soon enough. It turns out "I don't care, you decide" means "I have a place in mind and you better guess it in under 3 tries".

An-Cap Frog

Leibman Schwartzbaum was on Gary, IN radio last night giving his Big XII preview. He said it took him a bit longer than he expected because he drank too much Manischewitz at Passover.

Anywho...

He listed the top 12 teams in the Big XII and I took notes. Here they are in reverse order:

13) ISU - he wasn't sure that enough players were coming back on defense.
12) Kansas - he said he once beat Charlie Weiss at an eating contest in South Bend, but had to dislodge a gafilte fish from Charlie's jowls to save his life. Anywho, Manti ain't coming back, he predicts 2nd round.
11) WV - he's not sure they will ever win without a defense.
10) coming out of commercial break I lost the signal, but process of elimination this spot has to be KSU
9) Baylor - said the passing game will suffer but the running game will keep them in ball games
8) Texas Tech - said he was in Lubbock recently to attend Roddog's Bar Mitzvah. Was surprised to see Steve Nash there.
7) A&M - said his lawsuit against their QB for trademark infringement was progressing nicely, he found a judge in southern Illinois that will not throw out the case.
6) Utah - loaded with Samoan talent, also likes their cookies, glad they partnered with the Girl Scouts.
5) Texas - too much talent to underperform for the twelfth straight season.
4) Florida State - liked them because of their coach with Texas ties, then he remembered that was Florida, cut to commercial.
3) OU - not sure who's going to be the QB, but said those country boys can ball.
2) TCU - said QB Corey Rogers was coming back with Kurt Thomas and a llama, Chuck.
1) OSU -said they are tinkering around a three QB formation that will revolutionize college football

tcujsauce

Cat City is delicious. If you convince the wife to go there and Jake is your waiter, give him a hard time. Good friend of mine.

Never been, but thanks for the tip. I'll try it out.

May I recommend "Texas Pit" in Saginaw off of Main St. Just look for the giant smiley face sign. Awesome BBQ

My buddy Lance is a server at Cat City. He used to be my AM bartender at the Shed, and he said Cat City is awesome, so I think I'll be checking that out when I get in town in a couple weeks.

and +1000000000 to the Texas Pit recommendation. That place is awesome... good food, and cold/cheap beer.

Deep Purple

Leibman Schwartzbaum was on Gary, IN radio last night giving his Big XII preview. He said it took him a bit longer than he expected because he drank too much Manischewitz at Passover.

Well no wonder. He should have bought the good stuff.

Mogen-David-winebottle-cropped-576x306.jpg

SnoSki

A tech poster on Baylor fans message board copied "caleb's" rankings and all the Baylor fans are discussing its merits... Haha