• The KillerFrogs

Bill Hancock Comment About 2014 TCU/Baylor

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
This topic:

1311246801_cute_baby_sloth_yawns.gif

Pharm Frog

I didn't post this to beat this dead horse. I posted it cause he made this comment today, and it's about TCU, and it is completely different from anything he or the committee has said about this topic

I'm glad you posted it. Apparently the horse isn't as dead as some thought it was if he's still getting asked about it relative to more recent events. Seemed like a fair question and an even more interesting response.

Ron Swanson

The response to that should have been...

“But Ohio St did prove their ability to beat good teams out of conference in the committee’s eyes by losing to a 7-loss VT team by 14 points? Also, in TCU’s out of conference play, they beat Minnesota far worse than Ohio St did that year. How does what you just said mesh with the actual facts of what happened?”

Atomic Frawg

No one in DFW other than Frog fans wanted us in the NCG. DFW would have lost millions of dollars because the game was at Jerry World. They subbed in a blue blood that would bring in money to the metroplex, knowing full well that if either TCU or the Waco team had gotten in that we would not have spent anyoney on restaurants and hotels. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if every mayor in DFW was in Grapevine during the meetings dropping off carepackages. All else is cannon fodder.

To this day when I travel outside Texas flagging TCU gear random people tell me that year we got hosed.

Last edited:

Shorty

The response to that should have been...

“But Ohio St did prove their ability to beat good teams out of conference in the committee’s eyes by losing to a 7-loss VT team by 14 points? Also, in TCU’s out of conference play, they beat Minnesota far worse than Ohio St did that year. How does what you just said mesh with the actual facts of what happened?”
Basically what they said. This went unanswered, of course
Thank you for your answer.

Follow up question: Ohio St. was the team that got in over them. They lost a non-conference game to a below average VT team. How can winning all you non-conference games be worse than losing to a below average team in non-conference?
The poster was an OU fan btw

cdsfrog

Pretty much proves todd and Wexahu are wrong. For the record almost everyone of the major bcs analysts have agreed there is direct bias in the rankings.

It's ok to be in the middle and not think it's a grand conspiracy. But if you see a comment that like that [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] about OOC with tOSU getting crushed at home and still think it's fair you're nuts.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
The Committee makes whatever excuse they feel justifies their vote from week to week and since it’s all made up nonsense they’ll never be able to recall what excuse was used at what point in any season. This is why a four team field picked by a back room Committee was never going to be a long term solution. Either use computers for the four team pick or expand the field.