• The KillerFrogs

Bill Hancock Comment About 2014 TCU/Baylor

Casey T

Reddit/cfb had a thread where people could ask Hancock questions about anything and today he went through the thread and answered a bunch. See below q&a and take it as you will...

Question: "During the first year of the CFP, TCU/Baylor were left out for not winning a "true" conference championship. Last Season, Ohio St. got in after not winning a conference championship and was subsequently blown out 31-0. Was this change in criteria something the CFP reviews going forward as a possible learning experience? As in, We should have kept the criteria the same from year 1 to 3?"

Answer: "Hey, Sooner. TCU/Baylor were NOT left out for not winning a "true" conference championship. What happened to them was that their non-conference schedules didn't give them a chance to show what they could do against good teams."

For full q&a, go to reddit/cfb and its pinned to the top

FWIW: I know Hancock personally. He’s a fan of the Frogs. Even wore a TCU hat at the CWS.

I know he gets a lot of heat on this board but he’s just one man in this monopoly.

Last edited:

Kyle101011

I'm more upset that we didn't win the 2016 CWS than I am about missing the 2014 CFP. What played out in Omaha that year was perfectly layed out to get coach Schlos a ring.

dawg

That wasn’t the argument made at the time. TCU played the #25 team in their final rankings (a common opponent tOSU struggled with) and beat them handily. We heard a lot about 13th data point, but nothing about TCU’s non-conference schedule being the reason.

What he can’t say is fat ass Barry Alvarez and Tom Osborne (two B1G ADs) demanded a B1G representative and the committee voted and re-voted until they got what they and ESPN wanted.