• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 vs SEC Challenge 2020

Eight

I’d rather have the growing pains of Belo than that garbage production he gives.

dennis does some positive things.

he plays hard on the defensive end, but he seems to create everything through his dribbling and that seems to kill the flow of the offense.

i would love to hear skips thoughts, but the guy who doesn't seem to fit the offense at times is farabello.

i think farabello has great pure point guard skills, but i am not sure that is what is needed in this offense

Skip Jansen

dennis does some positive things.

he plays hard on the defensive end, but he seems to create everything through his dribbling and that seems to kill the flow of the offense.

i would love to hear skips thoughts, but the guy who doesn't seem to fit the offense at times is farabello.

i think farabello has great pure point guard skills, but i am not sure that is what is needed in this offense

Eight-

I think that's a fair assessment. Bello is probably not a perfect fit in Jamie's offense. Jamie really prefers a downhill, break the defense down type PG. It's too bad that school wasn't important to Kendric because that's the type of player he is.

As a coach, you have to make it work though. The best coaches adjust to the players they have. PJ isn't a perfect fit at the two either but with his potential you do what it takes to make all the pieces fit.

netty2424

Frustrating game to watch. Hogs were suffocating on defense, denying passing lanes out high. Some of the turnovers were just lazy.

Frogs did a good job early getting it into Samuel, we just didn’t go to that well enough in the second half. Maybe hog adjustments. He had a consistent mismatch the entire game. Much improved on his free throw shooting.

I’ve noted it before, but Bane’s biggest hole in his game is his inability to create a shot off a dribble. So if Dixon isn’t injecting plays to get him open to pull and pop, he’s just not going to score that many points when a defense is playing that tight. And we don’t have a PG that can collapse the defense that will leave him open outside.

And the refs, what do you even say about that. Just bizarre.

Skip Jansen

What was everyone's expectations of the freshmen?

Is it because some recruiting analyst (who has no clue what he is looking at) gave them X amount of stars?

I said all along that they're going to be good but everyone needed to be patient. That's the way the coaches feel too. That's why they got two grad transfers to go along with them.

IMO, they have all played well and are getting better. It takes time.

Last edited:

tetonfrog

What was everyone's expectations FOR THIS YEAR?

Sorry Skip, but let me adjust your question. I don't understand why so many fans are unhappy with JD and the team this year? TCU is 13-6 and 4-2 in the Big 12 and everyone is acting like we haven't won a game and the sky is falling.

Has a large number of Frog fans soured on JD? Why? The UCLA flirtation or because of the mass exodus of players last year? I don't know why our fans' attitude is so bad towards our bball team.

JD has won more than Billy Tubbs ever did in a tougher league and 99% of our posters here [ Finebaum ] on him every day. I don't get it.

Francis Xav

Eight-

I think that's a fair assessment. Bello is probably not a perfect fit in Jamie's offense. Jamie really prefers a downhill, break the defense down type PG. It's too bad that school wasn't important to Kendric because that's the type of player he is.

As a coach, you have to make it work though. The best coaches adjust to the players they have. PJ isn't a perfect fit at the two either but with his potential you do what it takes to make all the pieces fit.
Is fuller better suited as a PG? He is the best penetrator on the team.

Skip Jansen

Doesn't really have the floor game yet for PG. He needs to improve his perimeter shooting and work on playing too fast.

Once he becomes a consistent perimeter shooter, he's going to be hard to stop. Everyone has seen his first step and what he can do in the open floor. He just needs let the game come to him a little more.

It just takes time to learn those things.

PurpleBlood87

Yeah. I think the ball control issues were more of the problem today. Part of that is not having a downhill PG and part of it is he needs to become a better ball handler.

RJ Is great driving to rim. If he could ever figure that that is his game he would be so much better. He's quick and athletic.

He's like JD Miller. The only problem is both of them think they are three point shooters.

Flip Frog

RJ Is great driving to rim. If he could ever figure that that is his game he would be so much better. He's quick and athletic.

He's like JD Miller. The only problem is both of them think they are three point shooters.
You have to NOT dribble the ball off your foot 90% of the time to be considered great at driving to the rim.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
So I'm trying to find out who won this "Challenge". Apparently, we each won 5 games, so it is a tie. Who schedules an even number of games in a challenge? What a waste of time.

Eight

interesting question and I think one of the issues this year is most of the answers of isplayer a a better fit than player b compared to simply a player being a good fit.

every player aside from bane and samuel seem to have a "yeah but" about them be it size, experience, or skills not quite there.

do agree there is potential, just hope some of the youngs don't get frustrated and transfer out.

Last edited: