• The KillerFrogs

2023 Recruiting Thread

Eight

thanks for the update

two way player for chapel hill at de/ ot, plays basketball, and also participated in track

really long, rangy frame with plenty of room to grow into working with kaz

fully understand that some of you believe every player signed is going to transfer to the sec and if that is the case oh well, but what i do see is that the frogs have been doing a very good job of identifying and signing, getting transfers, or commitments from players with certain physical traits for the defensive front

ibukin-okeyode and oyewale from the 2022 class and carter, chapman, and henderson have similar builds and skill sets. mix in williams and the potential of lingren and i am very interested in watching the frogs defensive front take shape over the next 2-3 years.

Last edited:

asleep003

thanks for the update

two way player for chapel hill at de/ ot, plays basketball, and also participated in track

really long, rangy frame with plenty of room to grow into working with kaz

fully understand that some of you believe every player signed is going to transfer to the sec and that is the case oh well, but what i do see is that the frogs have been doing a very good job of identifying and signing, getting transfers, or commitments from players with certain physical traits for the defensive front

ibukin-okeyode and oyewale from the 2022 class and carter, chapman, and henderson have similar builds and skill sets. mix in williams and the potential of lingren and i am very interested in watching the frogs defensive front take shape over the next 2-3 years.
Honestly believe Lingren will get a long look at an OL move.

Eight

Honestly believe Lingren will get a long look at an OL move.

very possible he does get flipped to the offensive side, but i would really like to see if he has the quickness and agility to play in the defensive line

don't see him over the center at his height, but i could see where he could be a problem playing the gap between the guard and tackle or holding the point between tackle and tight end if he has that quickness and movement

helcap

Considering NIL numbers aren’t made public I can’t imagine those numbers are even close to accurate.
Yeah, I checked out Texas since its been well publicized by the "Pancake Club" that they will give each Offensive Lineman $50K in NIL money. These guys have an NIL value for their four OL Commits of $42K in Total. Granted you could argue that Texas over pays, but if you could get 4* players for $6K we must really be cheap

An-Cap Frog

Yeah, I checked out Texas since its been well publicized by the "Pancake Club" that they will give each Offensive Lineman $50K in NIL money. These guys have an NIL value for their four OL Commits of $42K in Total. Granted you could argue that Texas over pays, but if you could get 4* players for $6K we must really be cheap
What if we all misread the name and payment was in actual pancakes?

An-Cap Frog

My God, there’d be anarchy!

Fx Fo Sho GIF by Better Things

Anarchy.jpg

82 Frog Fever

Sort of strange when a UT writer gives a med. prediction of Cameron Cook to TCU, yet both UT & TCU are in his top 3.
I hope he’s right.

Attachments

• 57AA36A0-1B8C-41F3-A937-63C38A37D89E.jpeg
    57AA36A0-1B8C-41F3-A937-63C38A37D89E.jpeg
    699.4 KB · Views: 26

An-Cap Frog

My running assertion is that we haven't had a top 30 offense (we might be in 2022) because we haven't hit on our QB recruits.

Our offensive efficiency for the past 10 seasons:
2021 - 29
2020 - 56
2019 - 83
2018 - 85
2017 - 28
2016 - 57
2015 - 28
2014 - 15
2013 - 101
2012 - 73

Any thoughts on the 2023-2024 recruiting cycle? Can we supplement through the transfer portal?