• The KillerFrogs

2023 Recruiting Thread

Eight

last year the frogs signed a little known and 3-star rated lineman out of california who turned out to be a pretty decent football player in dam williams

last year during the high school season there wasn't much video available on frogs offensive line recruit cooper power out of de la salle, don't foresee him making an impact in the frogs interior offensive line the way dam did last year for the frogs defensive line, but with spring ball over, the transfer and recruiting seasons heating up, and the draft still a week or so away i thought i would throw out this highlight video out for those who hadn't seen anything about him last fall

82 Frog Fever

markis deal took first place at his district track meet in the shot and discuss.

he made it to state track meet last year in the shot and hit a career best at just over 58' a few weeks back, but he has struggled a bit the last few weeks
I haven‘t kept up. Is TCU planning to use Markis on DL?
I could swear I saw some reports where he was a two-way player and some recruiters said he could be a better OT than DL.

Eight

I haven‘t kept up. Is TCU planning to use Markis on DL?
I could swear I saw some reports where he was a two-way player and some recruiters said he could be a better OT than DL.

good question and a very big reason why it would have been really nice to have markis here for spring ball, but i don't know if that was ever an option

what i recall reading is that markis was recruited with the understanding he would start on the defensive side of the ball and the frogs do need more big bodies on that side of the ball

that doesn't mean he stays there or that he is better suited for the offensive side of the side, merely that he will start on defense.

he really does need to have a very, very good summer with kaz so he isn't struggling to survive come fall camp in august

Eight

noticed on the gofrogs roster that dylan wright still isn't listed, but did see another wr transfer in warren thompson who was at arkansas with briles last season

y2kFrog

noticed on the gofrogs roster that dylan wright still isn't listed, but did see another wr transfer in warren thompson who was at arkansas with briles last season
Wasn’t Wright going to be a grad transfer? He may need to still finish credits to be eligible in the fall.

CryptoMiner

Thompson was a 4 star WR who originally signed with Fla St.

Former 4 star out of Allen QB Grant Tisdale also transferred in from SE LA (signed with Ole Miss originally) A grad with 2 years left and has had little stats so far as he has switched positions and dealt with injuries.

Eight

Wasn’t Wright going to be a grad transfer? He may need to still finish credits to be eligible in the fall.

don't really recall all his details and i somewhat follow the dana holgerson line of thinking on transfers as until they are on campus they aren't a done deal

y2kFrog

don't really recall all his details and i somewhat follow the dana holgerson line of thinking on transfers as until they are on campus they aren't a done deal

I remember we got tired of waiting on Treylon Burks to finish credits last year and he ended up at UTSA and we took someone else (think it was Wren but not completely sure).

Last edited:

Eight

I remember we got tired of waiting on Treylon Burks to finish credits last year and he ended up at UTSA and we took someone else (think it was Wren but not complete sure).

might simply be wright getting his classes in order to transfer, wish he was on campus working out with the squad, but so be it

CountryFrog

Wright still has some credits to finish before he can officially transfer in. Staff expects him here in early August.