• The KillerFrogs

2023 Recruiting Thread

Froggish

On the other hand, UT has been loading up on OL for the last couple of years, far more than they'll need. They've already started to run off via Portal, some of their wash-outs from last year. Look for that trendy to continue for them, only running off increasingly better "rejects looking for playing time. I wouldn't be surprised to see the two recruits we were looking at this year (Goosby and Cojoe) to wind up portalling back to Fort Worth in a year or two!
I hope we are still recruiting Goosby all the way up until signing day. UT signed 7 OL last year and currently have 5 committed with several more target. That’s a lot to fight through to get noticed. We need a OT in this class in the worst way

Eight

I hope we are still recruiting Goosby all the way up until signing day. UT signed 7 OL last year and currently have 5 committed with several more target. That’s a lot to fight through to get noticed. We need a OT in this class in the worst way

coker having a big year and the line playing really well could go a long way in drawing some attention from recruits

far easier to sell a program when kids are going to the nfl

Froggish

coker having a big year and the line playing really well could go a long way in drawing some attention from recruits

far easier to sell a program when kids are going to the nfl
No doubt. Honestly we need everyone to make big strides forward and stay for another year why we build up depth. We have 5 seniors on the roster.

Alan Ali, Avila, Lanz, W. Harris, and Kris Dike.

Ali and Wes Harris are using their Covid 6th years this year so they can't stay. However, this program really needs Avila and Lanz to use their Coid years and stay and extra 6th season. That continuity would allow us to build up another class of depth and get an extra year to develop guys like Bolticoff, Nichols, Lott, Dotson and Hayes.

That would mean we would return 6 of our projected top 8 in 2023.

Eight

No doubt. Honestly we need everyone to make big strides forward and stay for another year why we build up depth. We have 5 seniors on the roster.

Alan Ali, Avila, Lanz, W. Harris, and Kris Dike.

Ali and Wes Harris are using their Covid 6th years this year so they can't stay. However, this program really needs Avila and Lanz to use their Coid years and stay and extra 6th season. That continuity would allow us to build up another class of depth and get an extra year to develop guys like Bolticoff, Nichols, Lott, Dotson and Hayes.

That would mean we would return 6 of our projected top 8 in 2023.

the question on a guy like avila to me is would staying an extra year add much value as an nfl prospect?

steve has worked his arse off, played a number of games and will the nfl value another year of technique development from an interior prospect?

lanz has missed much of 3 years so if he is healthy enough and wants to i think that 6 year could be important

interested in how the new conditioning and nutrition programs benefit players such as wes, lanz, and barlow

Froggish

the question on a guy like avila to me is would staying an extra year add much value as an nfl prospect?

steve has worked his arse off, played a number of games and will the nfl value another year of technique development from an interior prospect?

lanz has missed much of 3 years so if he is healthy enough and wants to i think that 6 year could be important

interested in how the new conditioning and nutrition programs benefit players such as wes, lanz, and barlow

I would never recommend that a guy who grades out as draftable go back to school. To much risk involved so he should go if he gets the right grade.

Kaz has his work cut out for him getting our OL and DLs bigger and stronger. Based on how Dylan Horton looks right now, he's doing good work. Along with Wes, Lanz, and Barlow, Lott has potential as well. He has finally been talked into moving from TE to OL and he's going to need to gain quite a bit of weight and strength to get his body right. Has really nice athleticism and feet. Could really surprise this time next season.

Eight

I would never recommend that a guy who grades out as draftable go back to school. To much risk involved so he should go if he gets the right grade.

Kaz has his work cut out for him getting our OL and DLs bigger and stronger. Based on how Dylan Horton looks right now, he's doing good work. Along with Wes, Lanz, and Barlow, Lott has potential as well. He has finally been talked into moving from TE to OL and he's going to need to gain quite a bit of weight and strength to get his body right. Has really nice athleticism and feet. Could really surprise this time next season.

really, really, really hope to see improved functional strength in our lines and as a team and not just a few guys who make the various freak list and no explosive blocking and tackling

know a former nfl offensive lineman and his thoughts on most weight programs reinforces some thoughts that have been expressed on this board about s&c

have heard some interesting things from a contact with ties to the texans about the physical readiness of some recent draft picks for the nfl

Ron Swanson

A great offensive line can make a mediocre quarterback look good, and a great quarterback can make a mediocre offensive line look good. We have had mediocre offensive lines and quarterbacks since 2017, which is a bad combo.

Eight

Cameron Cook Committed.
Rated as #23 RB in the country.

then doesn't make any sense, i was told by a reliable source that tcu was getting buried in recruiting, okay, bp posted tech was doing so much better and that tcu wouldn't get the job done like the matador club

great pick up, cook should fit well into this offense and if i am counting correctly cook is the frogs' 14th commitment since the middle of may

Eight

Is this someone we will have room for?

frogs i believe have 6 scholarship running backs on the roster

demercado is gone after this year, miller is a junior as is foster, big difference is foster hasn't been able to stay healthy

wren is another junior and he has struggled to stay healthy at fsu leaving bailey and everhart

would suspect we see at least one of those three juniors leaves the program either through leaving for the draft or transfer

Froggy Style

maybe, but he is also in the size range of everhart and wren plus he is entering his senior season in high school so still time to fill out
Runs a lot like Catalon. High flying offense with fast rbs with good vision. Yes please. Don't forget a mobile qb who can throw it around.