• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

HornedFrog4Life

You really want me to answer if donating a bunch of money to be on a list is jumping the line when that list is based on how much money you donated?

Yes it very well could be.

I have had my tickets for almost 20 years now, great seats in the lower level. Have missed less than 5% of the games through the years. Have traveled to tournaments, bought A&M SR tickets in C/S, and traveled to Omaha 4 of the 5 years they made the CWS. The only exception was a pre-planned week long golf trip graduation gift for son to the US Open, and we watched every game from our hotel.

The way this system is set definitely has flaws and concerns that I will have to deal with. If someone better ranking than me selects my seats and actually uses them, then it is what it is. I may not like it but that is the rules.

However, I would be more upset if a higher ranked donor selects my seats and then turns around and sells the whole season to someone who is behind me in points, then yeah., that is a big concern of mine That was the scenario described earlier. IS it legal? Sure. IS it morally OK? Probably to some degree. Does it go agains the intent of the plan during this time? Absolutely

In Football I was able to keep my seats. In Basketball, I had to adjust a couple of rows. Hoping baseball will be like football.

The point is that we this whole process is not ideal for anyone. Would hope that ST would either opt in or opt out, but don't take advantage of gaining points and play both sides, as it does potentially hurt other ST holders in an already chaotic process. Very likely, I along with others may not be able to keep or get close to our seats.

So please, please, please..... leave my seats alone. I plan on buying tickets and being at every home game, and already have my tickets to Globe Life, with the possibility of a couple more road trips.

PurpleBlood87

I have had my tickets for almost 20 years now, great seats in the lower level. Have missed less than 5% of the games through the years. Have traveled to tournaments, bought A&M SR tickets in C/S, and traveled to Omaha 4 of the 5 years they made the CWS. The only exception was a pre-planned week long golf trip graduation gift for son to the US Open, and we watched every game from our hotel.

The way this system is set definitely has flaws and concerns that I will have to deal with. If someone better ranking than me selects my seats and actually uses them, then it is what it is. I may not like it but that is the rules.

However, I would be more upset if a higher ranked donor selects my seats and then turns around and sells the whole season to someone who is behind me in points, then yeah., that is a big concern of mine That was the scenario described earlier. IS it legal? Sure. IS it morally OK? Probably to some degree. Does it go agains the intent of the plan during this time? Absolutely

In Football I was able to keep my seats. In Basketball, I had to adjust a couple of rows. Hoping baseball will be like football.

The point is that we this whole process is not ideal for anyone. Would hope that ST would either opt in or opt out, but don't take advantage of gaining points and play both sides, as it does potentially hurt other ST holders in an already chaotic process. Very likely, I along with others may not be able to keep or get close to our seats.

So please, please, please..... leave my seats alone. I plan on buying tickets and being at every home game, and already have my tickets to Globe Life, with the possibility of a couple more road trips.

I wonder how many tickets will be avail for road games?

flyfishingfrog

Outside of the first sentence - I agree with everything you said and if you are picking Friday - you are exactly the type of season ticket holder that could get screwed over by all the “help” being discussed in this thread

line jumping isn’t writing a big check to get more PPs next year so when seats come available you get a better chance or better seats - that is the entire system

it might seem more like a protection racket from the mob than the “free market” so strongly backed by this comments- but it is how everyone got their position on the list originally and how they adjust each year

jumping the line is not earning the position on the list by making the require contribution - but only paying to gain the benefit from that position

HornedFrog4Life

I wonder how many tickets will be avail for road games?

Will be difficult. Going to research possible road trip to Lafayette for series. Same weekend Miss State is at LSU. Thinking of TCU game at 3:00 and the drive and see LSU that night.

All the stars would have to be lined up for sure.
Did notice that Lafayette is reduced seating . They are reseating as well, but they also are offering tickets in different packages.

Endless Purple

Will be difficult. Going to research possible road trip to Lafayette for series. Same weekend Miss State is at LSU. Thinking of TCU game at 3:00 and the drive and see LSU that night.

All the stars would have to be lined up for sure.
Did notice that Lafayette is reduced seating . They are reseating as well, but they also are offering tickets in different packages.

Will be looking into the second half of this as well, but the first part could be an interesting possibility.

tcumaniac

For Football I picked the 2nd day and basketball the first day. Have had season tickets for baseball for close to 20 years. I pick the morning of the 11th. I may be wrong, but honestly I don’t think they are starting the process until the 10th at the earliest and maybe not until the 11th. There is only 1500 seats. Plus I know that the season ticket holder next to me is not renewing tickets this year. There may be a number of people opting out just like in football and basketball. Relax a bit.

Personslly, I think they could have been planning this ahead of time to determine who would opt out, then those who opt in would be assigned times. Looks like there is possibility of dead time where season ticket holders who are not selecting tickets, just don’t access their account and they have wasted the time.
Spoke to the ticket office. They said selection begins on Monday the 8th. Based on what you said, I'm surprised you are going on Thursday.

PurpleBlood87

Spoke to the ticket office. They said selection begins on Monday the 8th. Based on what you said, I'm surprised you are going on Thursday.

Well then that means there is no way I'm getting a ticket this season.
This will probably be a great season and I'll be watching on crappy gofrogs feed or listening on the radio.

Last edited: