• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Except that wasn’t going to happen was it?

As long as that makes you feel better about yourself....

i am sure the person who picks friday and gets screwed will see it your way as you post your view on a game they didn’t get to watch because of you....
As soon as every person that buys tickets uses them exclusively for themselves I’ll start caring. For now, I know there are people that have great seats for years that have never once used them. Fix that and I’ll join your party. Until then it’s a free market.

Edit: Hell, I know plenty of people that have 20+ football tickets and then sell those they don’t need to friends and family every year. Are they screwing people over in your opinion? Do you have more tickets than you need that you sell/give to family or friends? Let’s not pretend that this is some super fair system set up to help everyone out. Money talks and you know it.

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
So you both think screwing over someone with lower points to allow a person to “jump the line “ over them on the back of a seat holder that was going to pass this year is a good idea?

geez....
The PP system screwed over just about everybody. I don't know if you are familiar with the acronymic ranking of SNAFU, TARFU, and FUBAR, but the PP system put us a FUBAR right off the bat, skipping the lesser delineations of disaster in one ungainly leap...

If he wants to help somebody out, it's fine by me. TCU damned sure won't.

hometown frog

Much like w the football tickets, I’m figuring there won’t be a long line of folks who wanted season tickets that don’t wind up getting season tickets. This board was all up in arms about how nobody was gonna get tickets. Then the school spent the last month going back and trying to convince folks to buy more.
@1500 capacity that’s at min ~400 PP accounts guaranteed to get a shot at seats. (And prob closer to 500 accounts if more folks buy 2 or 3 seats) factor in that maybe 10-20% of those will defer this season. So you are getting 600 and maybe up to 700 PP accounts w seat availability windows. Wonder how many accounts we have that purchased season tickets for baseball in a normal year? Cant see those two buckets being that far off. #MathAlert

BrewingFrog

Mrs. Brewingfrog and I put in for Season Tix some years ago. We were given the option of Lawn only, as the Reserved were all gone. Every time we went to a game, most of the Reserved seats were empty. The Lawn, however, was quite lively!

flyfishingfrog

Much like w the football tickets, I’m figuring there won’t be a long line of folks who wanted season tickets that don’t wind up getting season tickets. This board was all up in arms about how nobody was gonna get tickets. Then the school spent the last month going back and trying to convince folks to buy more.
@1500 capacity that’s at min ~400 PP accounts guaranteed to get a shot at seats. (And prob closer to 500 accounts if more folks buy 2 or 3 seats) factor in that maybe 10-20% of those will defer this season. So you are getting 600 and maybe up to 700 PP accounts w seat availability windows. Wonder how many accounts we have that purchased season tickets for baseball in a normal year? Cant see those two buckets being that far off. #MathAlert
Your math sucks

Comparing a sport that has sold out 3 times in our history to one that has sold out every year for over a decade is a fail

Not to mention 45k vs 4500 available

basketball not only sold out - they did it with 2+ days left and had over 150 people email them asking to be put on a waiting list

yet we have no one show up at any games....and when they look at it, the people that do show up the most are the lower PP accts that managed to get seats at the end

So instead of fixing it, they are doing the same crap again because it was too hard to offer partial seasons or other packages so more people would get a shot at attending at least some games

When you watch the games and all the occupied seats in the first few innings are on the upper deck ends outside the overhang and in the outfield- you will at least know why

flyfishingfrog

Mrs. Brewingfrog and I put in for Season Tix some years ago. We were given the option of Lawn only, as the Reserved were all gone. Every time we went to a game, most of the Reserved seats were empty. The Lawn, however, was quite lively!
It will be worse this year because the upper deck people will be the lawn area and the lower deck down the lines will have upper deck ....

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Your math sucks

Comparing a sport that has sold out 3 times in our history to one that has sold out every year for over a decade is a fail

basketball not only sold out - they did it with 2+ days left and had over 150 people email them asking to be put on a waiting list

yet we have no one show up at any games....and when they look at it, the people that do show up the most are the lower PP accts that managed to get seats at the end

So instead of fixing it, they are doing the same crap again because it was too hard to offer partial seasons or other packages so more people would get a shot at attending at least some games

When you watch the games and all the occupied seats in the first few innings are on the upper deck ends outside the overhang and in the outfield- you will at least know why
And you’re complaining when I’m trying to get tickets to a sport I can (and do) walk to in 3 minutes from home? When no one is in the stands I’m loyally there in the GA seats. On Tuesday’s. On cold days and nights. On hot as hell days. Would you rather someone that will show up figures out how to get tickets or another person that doesn’t use those seats?

Last edited:

CountryFrog

I for one am 100% for doing whatever it takes to get TCU tickets into the hands of TCU fans who will actually use them on a regular basis. Absolutely no one gets screwed in that scenario.

I've sat in the lower level right behind home plate at Lupton and I've sat in the outfield grass. Obviously one is better than the other but they're both enjoyable experiences and as long as I see the stands full of Frog fans (or as full as current restrictions allow) then I'm totally fine with wherever I am. I'm not under the impression that the entire TCU athletics department exists purely for my entertainment and mine alone.

flyfishingfrog

And you’re complaining when I’m trying to get tickets to a sport I can (and do) walk to in 3 minutes from home? When no one is in the stands I’m loyally there in the GA seats. On Tuesday’s. On cold days and nights. On hot as hell days. Would you rather someone that will show up figures out how to get tickets or another person that doesn’t use those seats?
I would rather you not artificially jump the line in front of people that use their seats also by getting someone who doesn’t actually care enough to buy their seats this year to buy you seats...

but whatever- you don’t seem to get the concept

CountryFrog

I would rather you not artificially jump the line in front of people that use their seats also by getting someone who doesn’t actually care enough to buy their seats this year to buy you seats...

In what entertainment industry is there NOT any "skipping of the line" by anyone for tickets and seats? The system isn't designed for total fairness for all, it's designed to make money for the people selling the tickets.

I could argue that many (not all) of the people who have the premium seating "skipped the line" by being lucky enough to be born into a wealthy family that allowed them to live a life where their biggest worry was whether they would get 2nd row seats behind the TCU dugout or be on the top row behind the visitors dugout.

hometown frog

Your math sucks

math still checks out. You’re just guessing that more than 400-500 accounts will want tickets this year. I’m just not sure that’s the case based upon the season deferral rates we had for football. I guess we will all see come feb 13 or so.

flyfishingfrog

math still checks out. You’re just guessing that more than 400-500 accounts will want tickets this year. I’m just not sure that’s the case based upon the season deferral rates we had for football. I guess we will all see come feb 13 or so.
Well there were about 1300 accounts with season tickets in the bleachers in 2019 and another 100-200 or so in the GA

so if you have the same rate for baseball you for football, we will still run out and if we have anything like basketball - it won’t get past the first day

Peacefrog

Degenerate

I get the concept. I just disagree.

Is donating a bunch of money to get seats “jumping the line”?

Frog79

How stringent are they going to be on the mask requirement? I don't relish the idea of wearing one for 4 hours on a hot spring day especially if I am outdoors in my own little "pod" where it isn't going to accomplish any good anyway, other than virtue signaling.

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

How stringent are they going to be on the mask requirement? I don't relish the idea of wearing one for 4 hours on a hot spring day especially if I am outdoors in my own little "pod" where it isn't going to do accomplish any good anyway, other than virtue signaling.
Not to mention fresh air and plentiful UV radiation...

tcumaniac

Why the hell are we still doing limited capacity anyway? Is it still state mandated?

I’m a rangers season ticket holder too, and they’re selling tickets with the expectation of 100% capacity just a few months away.

Latest posts