• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Saw an OOC series at Louisiana. Any one visit there for a game?
No, but Mrs. Brewingfrog and I sat with a bunch of their hardcore fans at the Shriner's Tourney a few years ago. "Red Sector A" they call themselves, and a funnier bunch of clowns you will never find. We spent pretty much the whole game laughing with them. They had a line for everything, and would shout it with gusto at the appropriate time. Ex: Foul ball. If a person who caught the ball was an adult, the shout was "GIVE IT TO A KID!!!" This happened more than a few times, and every time, the adult innocently holding the baseball was jolted into frantically searching for a kid to get rid of the ball to, and make the noise stop. In one instance, the person the ball was quickly handed to was more of a teenager, and Mrs. Brewingfrog ventured, "Hey! That's not a kid!" One of the fellows long-suffering wives told poor Mrs. Brewingfrog, "Don't give 'em any ideas!"

PurpleBlood87

No, but Mrs. Brewingfrog and I sat with a bunch of their hardcore fans at the Shriner's Tourney a few years ago. "Red Sector A" they call themselves, and a funnier bunch of clowns you will never find. We spent pretty much the whole game laughing with them. They had a line for everything, and would shout it with gusto at the appropriate time. Ex: Foul ball. If a person who caught the ball was an adult, the shout was "GIVE IT TO A KID!!!" This happened more than a few times, and every time, the adult innocently holding the baseball was jolted into frantically searching for a kid to get rid of the ball to, and make the noise stop. In one instance, the person the ball was quickly handed to was more of a teenager, and Mrs. Brewingfrog ventured, "Hey! That's not a kid!" One of the fellows long-suffering wives told poor Mrs. Brewingfrog, "Don't give 'em any ideas!"

Man they sound like the second coming of the Wild Bunch.

ftwfrog

I always worry about “Red Sector A” after a bowl of our famous four alarm chili.

Last edited:

Westsider

Lots of first year jucos and a few transfers last year. Good players but only a 15-game body of work. Still think Green deserved some recognition.

ftwfrog

So nobody’s bitching yet about seat selection???

I’ll start. After donating upwards of hundreds of dollars per year I pick Friday February 12th for the new pod system at Lupton.

tcumaniac

I’ll start. After donating upwards of hundreds of dollars per year I pick Friday February 12th for the new pod system at Lupton.
In light of the past few down seasons in football, I've made some relatively significant donations (to me at least) over the past few years in attempt to move to better football seats and hopefully sneak into 100 level basketball seats.

I pick Thursday February 11.

Wonder if the selection process begins this coming Monday or the following Monday. If it starts this Monday, it's pretty depressing to think we pick that far back into the second week.

Last edited:

PurpleBlood87

I select Feb. 12 at 10 am.
Feeling like I won't be going to many games this season.
I might have missed it in the email but how much are tickets?
And season parking goes up from $300 to $500.

HornedFrog4Life

In light of the past few down seasons in football, I've made some relatively significant donations (to me at least) over the past few years in attempt to move to better football seats and hopefully sneak into 100 level basketball seats.

I pick Thursday February 11.

Wonder if the selection process begins this coming Monday or the following Monday. If it starts this Monday, it's pretty depressing to think we pick that far back into the second week.

For Football I picked the 2nd day and basketball the first day. Have had season tickets for baseball for close to 20 years. I pick the morning of the 11th. I may be wrong, but honestly I don’t think they are starting the process until the 10th at the earliest and maybe not until the 11th. There is only 1500 seats. Plus I know that the season ticket holder next to me is not renewing tickets this year. There may be a number of people opting out just like in football and basketball. Relax a bit.

Personslly, I think they could have been planning this ahead of time to determine who would opt out, then those who opt in would be assigned times. Looks like there is possibility of dead time where season ticket holders who are not selecting tickets, just don’t access their account and they have wasted the time.

Purp

For Football I picked the 2nd day and basketball the first day. Have had season tickets for baseball for close to 20 years. I pick the morning of the 11th. I may be wrong, but honestly I don’t think they are starting the process until the 10th at the earliest and maybe not until the 11th. There is only 1500 seats. Plus I know that the season ticket holder next to me is not renewing tickets this year. There may be a number of people opting out just like in football and basketball. Relax a bit.

Personslly, I think they could have been planning this ahead of time to determine who would opt out, then those who opt in would be assigned times. Looks like there is possibility of dead time where season ticket holders who are not selecting tickets, just don’t access their account and they have wasted the time.
It looks like a bunch of people will be in the system at the same rime for their selections. Not sure how this will play out, but I think it's all being done in 2 days. If you're on the first day you pick at 10am with everyone else. Ssme for the 2nd day if anything is left. Seems rather chaotic.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
If anyone is thinking about opting out you could always consider buying your tickets and selling them to a willing buyer on here. Just a thought. It’s like free priority points.
For the record I am a willing buyer of 4.

Line forms behind me.

Edit: you probably want to secure a transaction prior to to purchasing. I’m not guaranteeing a bunch of you a sale. Send me a PM.

flyfishingfrog

An outstanding idea IMO.
If anyone is thinking about opting out you could always consider buying your tickets and selling them to a willing buyer on here. Just a thought. It’s like free priority points.
So you both think screwing over someone with lower points to allow a person to “jump the line “ over them on the back of a seat holder that was going to pass this year is a good idea?

geez....

Peacefrog

Degenerate
So you both think screwing over someone with lower points to allow a person to “jump the line “ over them on the back of a seat holder that was going to pass this year is a good idea?

geez....
If the higher point person bought their tickets for themselves the lower point person wouldn’t be any better off. Who sits there is irrelevant. I’m sure no one that buys tickets will sell any on stub hub either...

flyfishingfrog

If the higher point person bought their tickets for themselves the lower point person wouldn’t be any better off. Who sits there is irrelevant. I’m sure no one that buys tickets will sell any on stub hub either...

Except that wasn’t going to happen was it?

As long as that makes you feel better about yourself....

i am sure the person who picks friday and gets screwed will see it your way as you post your view on a game they didn’t get to watch because of you....