• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

I imagine they’d get a hoot out of our explanation of Keeekball.

“Soccer (which, by the way was coined before the term futball, in England in the 1800s), appears to be a game where mostly pasty white guys run around in Bermuda Shorts, tee shirts and their sister’s knee socks. The objective of this sport seems to have one team try to kick a ball into shrimp seine for one point or gooooooaaaaal past a fellow who apparently buys his uniform at a different place than the rest of his teammates. The actual scoring of a gooooaaal, is however, apparently a very rare occurrence that requires one to celebrate wildly while skidding on one’s knees, which, as one would think might be hard on the knees. Apparently not. The most dangerous aspect of this sport apparently occurs when one pasty white guy with a bad haircut runs past a pasty guy in a different colored t shirt, which apparently causes a very nasty breeze that causes grievous injury to the other pasty guy. This invisible force causes a wildly gesticulating display of anguish on, not a field, but rather a pitch where the gesticulator holds a body part that has somehow become injured (but miraculously cures itself within minutes). This display may or may not cause a nice man (also wearing shorts, tshirt and knee socks)with a whistle and an odd deck of playing cards to hold up one colorful card. The display of this card seems to incite the breeze causer to go into a mime of Maurice Chevalier ie to hold his hands out palms up while shrugging and seemingly saying - but my gentle monsieur, moi deed no thing! The frantic running up and down said pitch for a seeming eternity may or not result in the scoring of the rare goooooaaaaal and the game or match, may or may not end with a victor. Meanwhile the scarf wearing fans are obligated to sing and often times fight, get drunk, riot and/or start fires. A grand time seems to be had by all.”

Last edited:

PurpleBlood87

Just got this from the TCU ticket office.

Thanks for your email. We do still have GA tickets available to purchase. This allows access into the outfield terrace/berm seating areas. I do encourage fans to purchase the GA ticket so you have first option to purchase post-season. That will be beneficial to you if we are still in a limited capacity scenario at that time.

Paint It Purple

I imagine they’d get a hoot out of our explanation of Keeekball.

“Soccer (which, by the way was coined before futball, in England in the 1800s), appears to be a game where mostly pasty white guys run around in Bermuda Shorts, tee shirts and their sister’s knee socks. The objective of this sport seems to have one team try to kick a ball into shrimp seine for one point or gooooooaaaaal past a fellow who apparently buys his uniform at a different place than the rest of his teammates. The actual scoring of a gooooaaal, is however, apparently a very rare occurrence that requires one to celebrate wildly while skidding on one’s knees, which, as one would think might be hard on the knees. Apparently not. The most dangerous aspect of this sport apparently occurs when one pasty white guy with a bad haircut runs past a pasty guy in a different colored t shirt, which apparently causes a very nasty breeze that causes grievous injury to the other pasty guy. This invisible force causes a wildly gesticulating display of anguish on, not a field, but rather a pitch where the gesticulator holds a body part that has somehow become injured (but miraculously cures itself within minutes). This display may or may cause a nice man (also wearing sorts, tshirt and knee socks)with a whistle and an odd deck of playing cards to hold up one colorful card. The display of this card seems to incite the breeze causer to go into mime of Maurice Chevalier ie to hold his hands out palm up while shrugging and seemingly saying - but my gentle monsieur, moi deed no thing! The frantic running up and down said pitch for a seeming eternity may or not result in the scoring of the rare goooooaaaaal and the game or match, may or may not end with a victor. Meanwhile the scarf wearing fans are obligated to sing and often times fight, get drunk, riot and/or start fires. A grand time seems to be had by all.”
I got a good chuckle out of that. Thanks

YA

But at least we’ll be solid for realignment since the season tickets are sold.
You mock me but the AD will tell you football season tickets need to be over 25k to remain a player at the P5 level. So since you are not a season ticket holder you might actually try and support TCU instead of sitting your ass in Granbury watching on tv.

hometown frog

Just got this from the TCU ticket office.

Thanks for your email. We do still have GA tickets available to purchase. This allows access into the outfield terrace/berm seating areas. I do encourage fans to purchase the GA ticket so you have first option to purchase post-season. That will be beneficial to you if we are still in a limited capacity scenario at that time.

hadn’t even considered this screw up impacting post season. So I get booted from my normal seats to GA. Then when post season comes what tix do I have first right of refusal against? My normal ones of GA?

PurpleBlood87

The frustrating part for me will be on Tues. night games when I am in a lawn chair and my seat in 203 is empty with only 25 people in the stands.
Still thankful that at least I can hopefully see games for the first time since last year at USC / UCLA.

Maybe they will do that come down to empty seats after the third inning announcement.

Pharm Frog

You mock me but the AD will tell you football season tickets need to be over 25k to remain a player at the P5 level. So since you are not a season ticket holder you might actually try and support TCU instead of sitting your ass in Granbury watching on tv.

Ha! Just like a liberal to tell others how they should spend their money. Well...why should I when I have such a loyal benefactors and superior fans such as you? I'll just say "Thank You, Ya, for subsidizing my entertainment."

Pharm Frog

Maybe they will do that come down to empty seats after the third inning announcement.

How would they do that and enforce the distancing requirement? Would seem like an incredible moving game of human musical chairs. Can only sit in seats that aren't zip-tied and not adjacent to anyone who can't show common residency? I'm not sure how that would work but it would be fun to see. I might suggest that it's done at the middle of the 3rd so the opposing pitcher might have a moving background to throw into.

hometown frog

How would they do that and enforce the distancing requirement? Would seem like an incredible moving game of human musical chairs. Can only sit in seats that aren't zip-tied and not adjacent to anyone who can't show common residency? I'm not sure how that would work but it would be fun to see. I might suggest that it's done at the middle of the 3rd so the opposing pitcher might have a moving background to throw into.

with an Aggie-like ‘Six Feet. Six Feet’ type chant until everybody is seated into their new seats....

tcumaniac

Anyone know if Priority Points are different for purchasing reserved seats over general admission?
No. You still get a Priorty point for each ticket you buy. I had GA for years before finally getting access to reserved seats. Only difference is if a reserved seat has a donation attached to it. Then you obviously get the additional points for the donation.

tcumaniac

Also. Still scheissing pissed at TCU. They could have still done the seemingly conference wide “25% capacity” (which is scheissing moronic in its own right) and been a little more creative in what they deemed to be 25% to assure more fans got seats.

Instead it appears they literally did 25% of the specific number of reserved seats available instead of 25% of capacity of the entire stadium.

Way to go Donati!

Punter1

Also. Still scheissing pissed at TCU. They could have still done the seemingly conference wide “25% capacity” (which is scheissing moronic in its own right) and been a little more creative in what they deemed to be 25% to assure more fans got seats.

Instead it appears they literally did 25% of the specific number of reserved seats available instead of 25% of capacity of the entire stadium.

Way to go Donati!

You know if Muck really wanted a anti TCU article to write...this would be it. Instead he's probably on SnapGram or whatever stalking our Showgirls.