• The KillerFrogs

2021-2022 Transfer Portal Thread

The Bad Guy

QB Jayden Daniels from Arizona St has entered the portal. Think we show any interest trying to bring him in? He was highly recruited and I believe was the number 1 or 2 dual threat that recruitment year.

Landyn Watson—EVALUATED 05/06/2020—6’3”, 242 lb​

Gabe Brooks MIDLANDS REGION RECRUITING ANALYST

Power Five-caliber edge defender with defensive end experience and build of a hybrid player. Adequate height and broad build. Wingspan has not been verified, but does not look overly long. Should still have enough space for some good weight in college. Plays odd-front end for high school team, but projects better to an even-front end role. Also has stood up occasionally and could fit the physical profile. High-motor player who makes a lot of effort plays. Active and engaged against the run. Shows encouraging pad level and leverage. Assignment aware. Strong at the point of attack. Closes well on a line. Solid tackler. Must improve get-off consistency. Can improve balance, body control, and lateral fluidity. Needs to expand pass-rushing arsenal. Won't be able to rely on motor and superior athletic traits as much at the next level. Could be a 'tweener with limited physical ceiling. Power Five-caliber edge defender with potential scheme and position flexibility. Flat-out football player who could become multi-year starter in right situation.

HornyWartyToad

Parsons always seemed an unlikely fit for the Cowboys, even within their staff. They met with him at the combine out of respect, but already had their mindset that he wasn't a fit. To help explain to him why they had concluded that, and why they couldn't take him with such a high-value pick in spite of his talent they brought film of their defense, with a planned 10-minute presentation to show him how his limitations within their scheme just wouldn't allow him to live up to his vast potential.

What turned things around was, not more than 90 seconds into the film session, Parsons reached over and shut off the player, and told them, "I don't need to see any more to know that I can change your mind."

Froggish

We seem have a lot of Weakside DEs for a defensive scheme that has no Weakside DE in it. At some point guys like Horton, Mathis, Coleman, or Watson we’re going to consider other options. In the 3 down DEs are asked to put their hands in the dirt and run through/tie up Offensive Tackles so they can’t climb to the second level. Two things can be true.. They can all be solid players who are also bad fits..

Strat Frog

QB Jayden Daniels from Arizona St has entered the portal. Think we show any interest trying to bring him in? He was highly recruited and I believe was the number 1 or 2 dual threat that recruitment year.
As a CA kid, I suspect he goes West, not East towards FW, but who knows. Sonny has that Cal Berkley tie, and Jayden could be an exciting pick up that might do well with our Frogs.

Palliative Care

Sure I would take him but can we please have a proven vet QB too. You know someone who could step in right now and blow the socks off the opposing defenses.
Is that too much to ask?
I know it is a rhetorical question.

asleep003

As a CA kid, I suspect he goes West, not East towards FW, but who knows. Sonny has that Cal Berkley tie, and Jayden could be an exciting pick up that might do well with our Frogs.
He should go West... FW is not an attractive fit for him... with a returning starter that finished 18th NCAA QB passing efficiency out of over 100 QBs with at least 1,500 yards passing... not to mention incredible rushing skills. Plus a backup, whose only start produced a win and over 450 yards passing and 70yds rushing, against a 12-2 AP #5 Baylor.

Last edited:

NewFrogFan

Get used to it, it's the new college football.

The less monied teams are farm teams for the more monied teams. You think it's bad for TCU, how do you think teams from the G5 feel? Try like hell to unearth some sleeper kids that can develop into good players and as soon as they do, they basically become free agents and off they go. Rinse, repeat.
The other side of the coin, there appear to be a significant # of players that think they are worth more and better players than schools with open slots. A bunch of them will be sitting in student sections watching next year and in later years. Might want to have better plans in place b4 they punch out.

asleep003

The other side of the coin, there appear to be a significant # of players that think they are worth more and better players than schools with open slots. A bunch of them will be sitting in student sections watching next year and in later years. Might want to have better plans in place b4 they punch out.
The student section of the schools they left, for the portal... or one of the schools they wanted to be picked up by, but weren't .?. lol !

Last edited:

Latest posts