• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

CryptoMiner

Crypto, anything on Theo Howard, the former UCLA WR? I saw a report a few months ago that said TCU was one of the schools recruiting him to transfer

Not much and know coaches have contacted him but his interests seem to be elsewhere. Visited Baylor and Oregon St and is supposed to visit Arizona. Oregon and USC also seem to be high for him.

A top TE transfers be in play for TCU. He is expected to announce soon he is transferring so can't say yet.

Froggish

Clarke and Jenkins would be two of the highest rated CBs we've ever signed. Add them along with
-Daniels (gets back healthy)
-Stewart
-Hodges Tomlinson
-Ceasar
-Collins
-Wallace

Thats a lot of potential on the flanks

My initial thought is they might move him to safety where we are getting thin on depth. I really think I'd like to see Winters move back into rotation in Gaines spot. I think he could be a monster there.

Eight

Clarke and Jenkins would be two of the highest rated CBs we've ever signed. Add them along with
-Daniels (gets back healthy)
-Stewart
-Hodges Tomlinson
-Ceasar
-Collins
-Wallace

Thats a lot of potential on the flanks

My initial thought is they might move him to safety where we are getting thin on depth. I really think I'd like to see Winters move back into rotation in Gaines spot. I think he could be a monster there.

on paper the frogs projeect right now 9 players at safety:

Moehrig, Trevon Jr. 6'2" 208
Van Zandt, La'Kendrick Jr. 6'1" 206
Bradford, Nook So. 5'11' 190
Ceaser, Hidari So. 5'11" 175
Foster, Josh So. 6' 170
Onyemaobi, Michael So. 6'1" 196
Vonger, Atanza So. 6'1" 200
Washington, Ar'Darius So. 5'8" 175
McCuin, DeShaun Fr. 6' 180

thing is mike o hasn't played that i know of in two years and not sure how much time vonger got this year.

that gives you 7 to cover 3 spots which is pretty thin as we have seen in the past.

clark has been recruited as a safety and i like the idea of trying winters there in the spring

Wexahu

on paper the frogs projeect right now 9 players at safety:

Moehrig, Trevon Jr. 6'2" 208
Van Zandt, La'Kendrick Jr. 6'1" 206
Bradford, Nook So. 5'11' 190
Ceaser, Hidari So. 5'11" 175
Foster, Josh So. 6' 170
Onyemaobi, Michael So. 6'1" 196
Vonger, Atanza So. 6'1" 200
Washington, Ar'Darius So. 5'8" 175
McCuin, DeShaun Fr. 6' 180

thing is mike o hasn't played that i know of in two years and not sure how much time vonger got this year.

that gives you 7 to cover 3 spots which is pretty thin as we have seen in the past.

clark has been recruited as a safety and i like the idea of trying winters there in the spring

7 to cover 3 spots is considered thin? Although there is always injury attrition and what not, which you've already kind of factored in by not counting MO and AZ, that seems like an adequate # of guys to me.

Froggish

7 to cover 3 spots is considered thin? Although there is always injury attrition and what not, which you've already kind of factored in by not counting MO and AZ, that seems like an adequate # of guys to me.

I know we kind of run a 3 safety system but I have always seen robber position that Gaines plays as it’s own animal. It’s not as interchangeable as the other two. Not just anyone can drop down and take on the run. The reason I think Winters might drop back is that for next year Nook and Van Zandt are the only 2 that look like they could play there. Van Zandt has been hurt a ton and is wildly inconsistent on the field despite his off the charts athleticism.

So your right 7 to play 3 seems like a lot but I only see 2 who would survive in the robber slot

Wexahu

I feel like I’ve been saying “we might be really good in a couple years” for about 4 years in a row.... but yes.

Was going to say about the exact same thing. We're still in desperate need of difference makers (or at least guys that can hold up their end of the bargain) at DE before I can get too excited. I do think at least on paper we should have the makings of a pretty good unit everywhere else.

Froggish

Was going to say about the exact same thing. We're still in desperate need of difference makers (or at least guys that can hold up their end of the bargain) at DE before I can get too excited. I do think at least on paper we should have the makings of a pretty good unit everywhere else.

Im not sure a school like TCU will ever be better at DE then it was last year. Our best defenses have been “sum greater than the whole” groups. Your point is well taken though. We can’t be a good defense unless we can get after the passer and win the line of scrimmage. That starts at DE

Wexahu

Im not sure a school like TCU will ever be better at DE then it was last year. Our best defenses have been “sum greater than the whole” groups. Your point is well taken though. We can’t be a good defense unless we can get after the passer and win the line of scrimmage. That starts at DE

You mean be starting a 1st and 2nd rounder at the two spots? No, I would imagine that will be about as good as it gets. And that's fine, we don't necessarily need that, but we need something much, much better than we had this year.

Moose Stuff

Clearly you feel differently but I think Ellison and Mathis are gonna be plenty good enough in time. Plant should be solid too.

Wexahu

Clearly you feel differently but I think Ellison and Mathis are gonna be plenty good enough in time. Plant should be solid too.

Hopefully so but I haven't seen anything other than decently high star ratings from the recruiting services that would suggest they'll be plenty good enough. And unless we get some transfers coming in we are an injury or two away from looking REALLY compromised at that position again. You can say that about other positions, but DE especially.

Latest posts