• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

MinFrog

Getting princely and Sylvester would be a nice haul for Baylor. They seem to focus on something called PAI which is solely a kids athleticism. It almost seems they have taken GPs speed, baby, and translated that to athletes, baby.

they have some great athletes and may have the coaches to develop them. We will see.

Moose Stuff

Well not for that reason but thought it was interesting people commenting Sylvester would not fit well in a 3 man front such as BUs when TCU runs the same a lot.

I was just adding to the comment. People are rationalizing away the loss on Sylvester. Kid is a nice player, I’d still like to have him, just not sure he’s as good as we all thought he was when he committed. I think he has a rally high ceiling and a really low floor.

Eight

Well not for that reason but thought it was interesting people commenting Sylvester would not fit well in a 3 man front such as BUs when TCU runs the same a lot.

frogs don't run a pure man front a great deal like baylor, iowa state, or ou.

they did more last week than they have this year, but if you were to go back and track the fronts i would guess frogs easily are in an even front more than 2/3's of the time this year if not 75%

Ron Swanson

Didn’t someone make the claim that winning and losing doesn’t matter in recruiting...Baylor’s last minute success would indicate differently
It obviously matters

The extent to which it matters is up for debate. Also, are we talking about extended winning, which can lead to a shift in the program’s overall status, or just one season of winning.

TCU has obviously benefited greatly from their program status shift over the last 20 years that has come from winning. We are recruiting on an entirely different level than we were 10 or 20 years ago (obviously you have to factor in the conference change as well). Our hit-rate on recruits relative to their status/offer-list coming out of high school has gone down, but we are getting more of the highly sought after kids now than we used to.

One really good season here and there will help recruiting a little, but it generally doesn’t have a giant impact on a given class.

Getting princely and Sylvester would be a nice haul for Baylor. They seem to focus on something called PAI which is solely a kids athleticism. It almost seems they have taken GPs speed, baby, and translated that to athletes, baby.

they have some great athletes and may have the coaches to develop them. We will see.

DL equals championships. I am looking forward in seeing whom TCU brings in to replace that DE scholarship placement. I expect that recruit to be better than Sylvester if all what you guys are saying that TCU might had told him to look around.

Froggish

I'm quite certain no one has ever said that. You're probably just re-phrasing whatever it is that someone actually did say in a way that makes it seem ridiculous.

Actually I recall now..Our friend over at the pay site stated that in a podcast. His words were that most recruits don’t pay attention to wins and losses by programs. He even referenced a recruit not knowing Baylor’s record

Eight

Actually I recall now..Our friend over at the pay site stated that in a podcast. His words were that most recruits don’t pay attention to wins and losses by programs. He even referenced a recruit not knowing Baylor’s record

yes, jeremy has stated multiple times it is his experience prospects don't pay attention to college football results

CountryFrog

That may well be true for a high number of recruits so he might be right.

Winning and losing will always have at least SOME impact on a lot of decisions though. I don't think anyone would ever say that it doesn't matter at all. See Kansas...

CryptoMiner

JUCO CB with intriguing name getting some TCU interest

Dallas Branch 5-11/180 Long Beach City College All Conference with 6ints, 50 Tackles, 10 PBU’s, 3 Sacks, 5.5 TFL’s, 2 FF, 2 FR. Freshman qualifier. Graduated HS in 2016 but listed as a freshman. had a few D1 offers but sat out.

Coach Darnell lacy @Bigdlace
Was up for the task weekly. Never talked back, worked his ass off, bought in and flat out brought his A game everyday! Was a pleasure to coach and just to be around daily. Whoever gets him will be a happy coach. Remember all our conversations bro. You that dude! @Dallasbranch13

Eight

JUCO CB with intriguing name getting some TCU interest

Dallas Branch 5-11/180 Long Beach City College All Conference with 6ints, 50 Tackles, 10 PBU’s, 3 Sacks, 5.5 TFL’s, 2 FF, 2 FR. Freshman qualifier. Graduated HS in 2016 but listed as a freshman. had a few D1 offers but sat out.

Coach Darnell lacy @Bigdlace
Was up for the task weekly. Never talked back, worked his ass off, bought in and flat out brought his A game everyday! Was a pleasure to coach and just to be around daily. Whoever gets him will be a happy coach. Remember all our conversations bro. You that dude! @Dallasbranch13

so branch graduated in 2016, sat out three season, and then played last year as a freshman?

interesting, on campus in the summer?

Last edited:

jeremy

True, I have said that. But what I said is that you'd be surprised how little college football some of the high school kids actually sit down and watch. In talking to a ton of these kids over the years, it surprises me as well.

Wins and losses do matter, but over a period of time; not a single season. My response was in question to some fans who thought one loss or one win would've had an affect on recruiting. When TCU lost to SMU, there were some fans that knee-jerked into thinking TCU was about to lose their whole class; which hasn't happened. When TCU beat Texas, some felt that should be enough to add recruits. It just isn't like that anymore.

Kids I speak to rarely mention single-season success as being the reason why they chose a school. TCU isn't having the year everyone thought, but for the most part they've done great keeping the class together and they just happened to land 3 of their highest-rated players, including the 2nd highest in the GP era with Garrett Hayes on Monday. That's why I tell people that although the Frogs are having a down year in the win column, most recruits look at the bigger picture. Their class indicates that.

Last edited: