1. The KillerFrogs

2020 Dalton Watch

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by jugbandxmas, Oct 19, 2020.

1. I turned it off at the half too. Yes the OL was awful, but don't they have 4 out of 5 starters hurt?

2. I would just like some good TCU related things to rally around. I mean, Women’s soccer, but it’s soccer.

Spike and Despite the odds Frog like this.
  3. Exactly, they lost Martin in the game too and are missing both starting tackles. Total mash unit and they looked like it.

4. I thought it was only going to take 5 years to build the depth to compete in that division. Or was that something else?

Salfrog likes this.
  5. Yes, and one of the 4 "starters" that is out is only starting because the actual starter retired. Cowboys current OL is a bunch of spares.

6. Jones didn’t learn his lesson. Paying all that $$ to what are interchangeable parts. Never should have given Elliot and Cooper all that $$

Spike likes this.
  7. You're actually the one who was crediting Dak with 2 comeback wins. And I'm petty sure he lost a fumble in that game too. In fact fumbles have been a problem for Dak and Elliott all year. Big reasons why they're constantly losing by 30 in every 4th quarter.

8. Ha, yea I don't actually walk around with a top 10 list in my pocket. Just saying Dalton would either be close to the bottom or just outside the top 10. I don't award bonus points just because he was the QB of some great teams. He was a terrific player obviously but was never an All-American and we've had several of those in the last 20 years. I know many people view all average QB (not saying Dalton was average) as a better player than an elite LG but I try to look at how well someone plays their position as opposed to how important their position is. Otherwise every list of top players would be 90% QB's.

And some of it depends on what you would consider the GP era. I'm including LT and Aaron Schobel but if you don't count those 2 then there's probably no way to name 10 players before Andy.

ShreveFrog likes this.
  9. #70 CountryFrog, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    Don't try to make my top 10 list on my behalf. And to clarify I never said Andy wasn't in the top 10 I just said I'm not sure he is. So he's borderline. Maybe I'm fuzzy with the timeline but I basically look at everything since 2000 as the GP era though I guess technically 2000 was Fran. But since you started naming players then I feel compelled to speak for myself now...

Tomlinson
    Verrett
    Boykin
    Doctson
    Hughes
    Washington
    Cannon
    A. Schobel
    Dwight Smith
    Bram K.

Just kidding on the last 2 obviously. I'd probably go Dalton at #9 actually now that I'm actually putting a real list together. Those top 6 are pretty solid imo then there's a group of several players including Andy who you could make a case for. Cannon and Schobel who I listed plus Kerley, Dawson, Reagor, Blacklock, Gladney. That's just off the top of my head so I could be forgetting a couple others.

ShreveFrog likes this.
  10. #71 ShreveFrog, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    Dalton, Boykin, Kerley, Hughes, Verrett, Doctson, Carder, Phillips, D Washington,
    Cannon.
    honorable mention: Dawson, Newhouse

I consider LT and A Schobel pre-GP

Interesting that every player I mention except Doctson and h.m. Dawson joined the Frogs before we announced we were going to the Big XII.

11. Top 10 lists?

I hate Covid!

12. I am hoping for Dalton to shine today. It’s the Redskins, so the Cowboys should look better.

I’m always gonnna be a Dalton fan.

13. This defense is awful

14. Cowboys defense getting scalped.

bmoney214 likes this.
  15. Same song, next verse:
    Where's his protection?

16. #78 Moose Stuff, Oct 25, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    Huge respect for those of you that choose to follow up watching TCU on Saturdays by watching Dallas on Sundays. Your pain tolerance levels are far beyond that of a mortal human.

17. Cowboy OL makes our OL look good.

jugbandxmas likes this.