• The KillerFrogs

2020 Dalton Watch

this is true but the desire to insert the young qb is so short-sighted. Lots of qb’s are ruined this way. Look at Goff with the Rams. He may never live up to his potential. And by comparison look at Aaron Rodgers. He benefitted so much by sitting behind Favre all those seasons.
Agreed. But also look at Mahomes and Mayfield.

JugbandFrog

Does Andy want to be a starter again? Sitting back and collecting checks as a backup is a pretty nice job. Especially after the concussion earlier this season.
I see a fire in him. He wants to compete, but I just don’t see a fit for him. Someone here mentioned the tendency for younger qbs, plus Andy just isn’t a 100% winner.

I feel like the best place for him is New England, but I don’t know. Andy is a good QB, but he just doesn’t have that fire you want in a QB. He reminds me a lot of David Robinson prior to the arrival of Duncan.

Brevity Frog

I see a fire in him. He wants to compete, but I just don’t see a fit for him. Someone here mentioned the tendency for younger qbs, plus Andy just isn’t a 100% winner.

I feel like the best place for him is New England, but I don’t know. Andy is a good QB, but he just doesn’t have that fire you want in a QB. He reminds me a lot of David Robinson prior to the arrival of Duncan.

soooo.....fire or no fire?

He is a good fit for a win-now team that doesn’t want to wait to see if some rookie develops. Washington or Philly maybe. Maybe NE. Maybe Colts. Maybe Saints if Brees is finished. Maybe Bears. Maybe Packers if Rodgers finished. My top picks are Philly or WFT.

Frog-in-law1995

Confusing post is confusing.

Horny4TCU

Confusing post is confusing.
giphy.gif

JugbandFrog

soooo.....fire or no fire?

He is a good fit for a win-now team that doesn’t want to wait to see if some rookie develops. Washington or Philly maybe. Maybe NE. Maybe Colts. Maybe Saints if Brees is finished. Maybe Bears. Maybe Packers if Rodgers finished. My top picks are Philly or WFT.
He WANTS to compete, but he just doesn’t have it in him to be THE man. His fire isn’t enough to catch on to those around him. I doubt there is anyone on a team that preps as hard as he does. He just doesn’t have the IT factor to take the team anywhere. Hence thr David Robinson comparison.

He also just has too many days like Sunday where you wonder what the heck is wrong.

Wexahu

He WANTS to compete, but he just doesn’t have it in him to be THE man. His fire isn’t enough to catch on to those around him. I doubt there is anyone on a team that preps as hard as he does. He just doesn’t have the IT factor to take the team anywhere. Hence thr David Robinson comparison.

He also just has too many days like Sunday where you wonder what the heck is wrong.

He is not a bad QB, he just isn't good enough to be starter that a team isn't going to constantly look to try and replace. IMO he should sign a 2-3 year deal to be a backup on a good team and then, who knows, maybe the starter gets hurt and you get an opportunity to win some playoff games. If he goes somewhere to be a starter, if that is even an opportunity he'll have, I just don't think it'll last long.

Nothing to be ashamed of, all in all he's pretty much maximized his career, especially financially, given his ability.