• The KillerFrogs

2019 MLB Thread

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Billy Crystal's 61* about Mantle and Maris is outstanding (especially for Yankee fans!) Even if you don't like the Yankees, I think you'll like this movie.
21263_front1-781x1024.jpg

ShreveFrog

Great. Another generation who thinks Shoeless Joe bats right handed.

I kid, kind of.... that always really bothered me with how simple of a detail that is to get wrong

Scenes of the batting cage in the cornfield where Joe learned to hit from the right side were left on the cutting room floor.

Frog-in-law1995

Honestly, I’d rather watch minor leaguers or even little leaguers than millionaires play on that field. I’ve long since stopped buying into the “magic” of a game that’s priced out the average fan.

FBallFan123

Honestly, I’d rather watch minor leaguers or even little leaguers than millionaires play on that field. I’ve long since stopped buying into the “magic” of a game that’s priced out the average fan.

I find MLB prices far more reasonable to the average fan than the other major sports.

I live in the SF Bay Area, and there are constantly deals and promotions for A's and Giants tickets.

For example, got an email yesterday about the Giants running a 24-hour sale offering $8 tickets to like 10 different games.

I think people who look for deals to baseball games can find some.

But if it makes you feel any better, here's some of the 2019 salaries of players who may play in that game next year...

Gary Sanchez $669.8k
Aaron Judge $684.3k
Gleyber Torres $605.2k