• The KillerFrogs

2019 MLB Thread

KTown Frog

fiers-glove.jpg

This statement coming from the guy who through a no hitter with this on his glove????

Sounds like someone is still butt hurt being left off the post season roster.

MTfrog5

fiers-glove.jpg

This statement coming from the guy who through a no hitter with this on his glove????

I can promise you that majority of hitters would rather pitchers use whatever to be able to grip a ball rather than use nothing with the low seams and then get 98 slipping out of the pitcher’s hand more often than not. Baseballs a slick as hell even when rubbed up.

FBallFan123

I think Josh Donaldson makes a lot of sense for the Rangers on a 2-3 year deal....with a high AAV but limit the years.

Third base is an area of need and Donaldson is still top 10 at the position.

(Moustakas would be another to look at.)

I like Anthony Rendon but he's gonna want a much bigger contract at this point than Donaldson.

I think there's some risk of buying high with Rendon, given the regular/postseason he just had (career high WAR on Fangraphs, 2nd highest according to Baseball Reference.)

A short term deal for Donaldson immediately improves the team but doesn't hand-string them long-term if Josh Jung, their 1st round draft pick in June, develops as expected and is ready to take over the position sooner than later.

Donaldson does come with some injury concerns, but he stayed healthy this season playing in 155 games.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Signing Donaldson would still leave the Rangers some money to address other positions too, like a starting pitcher, corner outfielder or 2nd base.

Signing Rendon would probably kill any chance at getting another good free agent.

FBallFan123

fiers-glove.jpg

I get some people going after Fiers because his name is on record, but Rosenthal has said there are other sources who were with the Astros.

From Rosenthal this morning on MLB Network “what the Astros did according to our report, confirmed by Mike Fiers and also three other sources who were with the team at the time, they had a camera in centerfield fixated on the catcher’s sign, they had a monitor kinda off the dugout which was showing what that camera was feeding in real time and then they were banging on a garbage can to signal - usually it seems like - off-speed.”