• The KillerFrogs

2019-2020 TCU basketball thread

Farmfrog

Those teams would certainly be an upgrade from a scheduling perspective. But to your point about generating interest from the casual fan - I don't think any of those teams you listed would do that.

I think most SEC schools have enough alums locally to generate interest. My point is I don’t think anyone, outside maybe Duke and Kentucky, will get people to the games because the community doesn’t seem to have any interest in hoops. I want to play teams that will make us better and I believe we need to play more road games.

Eight

the question about non-conference scheduling isn't just a tcu problem.

a friend who is a horn pointed out their non-conference home game and this schedule is truly

northern colorado
california baptist
prarrie view atm
mcneese
uab
central michigan
high point

i haven't watched a texas game this year and his claim is the crowds have been no where near the 8,000+ they list on the box score.

away from austin they have played

georgetown in nyc
cal in nyc
texas atm in fort worth

with a trip to providence still on their schedule.

the friend doesn't have basketball tickets, but knows alum who do and they are pissed at what they have to pay to keep their tickets to games they basically don't want to see and can't give away. cal baptist? who knew.......

finally, he also mentioned multiple of his fellow horns were livid about playing the ags at bass. neither school needs the money, don't need exposure for recruiting, and many felt it was a [ What the heck? ] game location

Farmfrog

I’m going to start talking Xavier. Big game against a solid team. Nice opportunity to get a win over a likely tourney team.

Now everyone can go back to whining all things football.

Moose Stuff

I’m going to start talking Xavier. Big game against a solid team. Nice opportunity to get a win over a likely tourney team.

Now everyone can go back to whining all things football.

HUGE game for us. Will tell us a WHOLE BUNCH about what we can expect in conference IMO.

Eight

HUGE game for us. Will tell us a WHOLE BUNCH about what we can expect in conference IMO.

agree, they are easily the highest rated team the frogs will play before conference play, but more importantly they will stress the frogs in a way others team may in big 12 play.

Farmfrog

agree, they are easily the highest rated team the frogs will play before conference play, but more importantly they will stress the frogs in a way others team may in big 12 play.

Actually in the NET and kenpom rankings Arkansas is ahead of Xavier. Way ahead in the NET rankings and a few in kenpom. Xavier is a big game for us and would be a really nice boost for the team.

Farmfrog

I know Skip isn’t high on him but I like his game. Can get his own shot and pass well. Will need to get better on the defensive end but I’m sure he will.

netty2424

Side note, did construction completely slow down on the east side expansion since they obviously missed the deadline? There’s still a ton of work left to be done.

Hard to imagine that was supposed to be done before the season. Makes me wonder if that was a fundraising plan.