• The KillerFrogs

2019-2020 TCU basketball thread

Eight

They have about 8 players who are better than almost anyone on our team that isn’t DB.

how is it their freshmen and sophomores are playing with confidence and poise at depaul and against l'ville at the garden and it looks like cyo basketball for the frogs at time?

tech is a legit big on the defensive end away from being a really, really good team

Last edited:

Eight

Based on what I’ve seen that’s a lock 7 losses and quite probably 8.

dixon has never had a losing season as a head coach.

probable the frogs go into conference play 10-3 with a non-conference game at a tough arkansas still to be played

if they go 10-4 in nonconference play they need to go at least 6-12 in conference play which could be very interesting

Our AD needs to reevaluate TCU direction of its sports. TCU has to win championships and especially in the big 3 football, basketball, and baseball. TCU has great head coaches, but lately something is amiss...maybe its TCU is rebuilding all at once or maybe its with strength and conditioning, or development, perhaps recruiting??? I don't know...Baylor and Texas Tech have figured it out. TCU needs to figure it out.

bp4tcu

Our AD needs to reevaluate TCU direction of its sports. TCU has to win championships and especially in the big 3 football, basketball, and baseball. TCU has great head coaches, but lately something is amiss...maybe its TCU is rebuilding all at once or maybe its with strength and conditioning, or development, perhaps recruiting??? I don't know...Baylor and Texas Tech have figured it out. TCU needs to figure it out.
Our alumnus head coach was doing everything he could to get out of here while Tech was coming off a national championship appearance. I’d say we have a whole lot to figure out.

I was at the game last night in NYC. They almost made taking down the #1 team look easy. They’re again going to be a force to recon with.

Moose Stuff

Our alumnus head coach was doing everything he could to get out of here while Tech was coming off a national championship appearance. I’d say we have a whole lot to figure out.

I was at the game last night in NYC. They almost made taking down the #1 team look easy. They’re again going to be a force to recon with.

I didn’t think UL looked at all like a #1 team. As I mentioned earlier perhaps that’s simply a credit to Tech. They missed a bunch of open looks in the second half.

Moose Stuff

Not sure what exactly he can do besides fire and replace those guys. It’s not like he’s gonna walk into Gary’s office and say “hey man, I found you a new S&C coach”. Been discussed previously in other threads (and don’t want to derail this one) but baseball has ONE issue.... how much TCU costs. No coach can change that.

Not sure what exactly he can do besides fire and replace those guys. It’s not like he’s gonna walk into Gary’s office and say “hey man, I found you a new S&C coach”. Been discussed previously in other threads (and don’t want to derail this one) but baseball has ONE issue.... how much TCU costs. No coach can change that.

It's the same for Baylor but seems they have figured things out. Now it just might be rebuilding happening at TCU. But it is important TCU starts winning championships. And yes the AD can make moves to help TCU. It is a hard job no doubt. Our AD has done a good job so far. But not to the level you always defend him at, he isn't above reproach. He is new at the job and so far doing well, but I also want to see TCU athletics progress as it goes. Not just $ which is a big part of his job, but TCU needs to win championships plain and simple and that is another big responsibility. Seen many TCU ADs in the past, not CDC, that took a back seat and thought things were moving ok because Texas and A&M were in the conference and they were doing well. TCU can't afford to make similar mistakes (definitely the new expansion is a huge success for him and shows that he is different from other TCU ADs).