• The KillerFrogs

2017 Signing Day thread

Wexahu

SurfCityFrog said:

Really?

Exactly.  This is probably the best class (on paper of course) that we've ever signed and we're coming off a 6-7 season.....more 4 star guys, more ESPN 300 guys than we've ever signed, the top rated player in the state to sign with a Texas school, a QB with a ton of ability and upside, players at every position, taller DBs, etc etc etc.    I don't know how much better could have been expected.   People's expectations can get way out of whack. 

Happy to see another Cali kid sign with TCU!

I am biased, but would love to see us do more recruiting in California. Lots and lots of good football players out here.

Go Frogs!

Pharm Frog

NYC Horned Frog said:
Whoever was following Nebraska'a board, please brings tears from the ones who thought they were above us.

spurs1990 said:
MattyIce, on 01 Feb 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:
Schaefer said on the radio that he thinks we PASSED on Onyamaobi...

Then implies that there is a chance there is someone out there that we aren't talking about...
Sure hope so.. That's a big pass.

Coaches did not like something and Im good with their judgement!

SnoSki

Chongo94 said:
National Signing Day show on Sirius xm just said we had a Top 35 class no doubt.
When you combine that number with GP/staff's ability to coach em up, which may be worth an additional 15-25 slots most years, I get very excited.

Some teams get a top ten recruiting class and their staff causes them to regress in ranking by the time they graduate.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
SnoSki said:
When you combine that number with GP/staff's ability to coach em up, which may be worth an additional 15-25 slots most years, I get very excited.

Some teams get a top ten recruiting class and their staff causes them to regress in ranking by the time they graduate.
Like Georgia has the #3 recruiting class. And this year they will suck ass as always.

TCURiggs

Wexahu said:

Exactly.  This is probably the best class (on paper of course) that we've ever signed and we're coming off a 6-7 season.....more 4 star guys, more ESPN 300 guys than we've ever signed, the top rated player in the state to sign with a Texas school, a QB with a ton of ability and upside, players at every position, taller DBs, etc etc etc.    I don't know how much better could have been expected.   People's expectations can get way out of whack. 
On paper last year's class was the best. Think we had 10 4-stars to this year's 4. Regardless, I'm thrilled with this class. Got some top tier talent, as well as a bunch of big, fast guys that filled most needs. Fantastic class considering the season we're coming off of.

JogginFrog

Wexahu

TCURiggs said:
On paper last year's class was the best. Think we had 10 4-stars to this year's 4. Regardless, I'm thrilled with this class. Got some top tier talent, as well as a bunch of big, fast guys that filled most needs. Fantastic class considering the season we're coming off of.

Wow, I went back and looked and you're right.  Had no idea we had that many guys rated that highly.   I sure hope Chambers, Blacklock, Bowen and Myers take the next step.