• The KillerFrogs

2017 Signing Day thread

AroundWorldFrog

Volare said:

Oh, saw it. The End. Maybe a replay later?
Go to about the twenty minute mark and it'll start. Unless of course you want to go to about the 3:45 mark and watch the girl in the black dress primping and taking selfies. Damn!

tcumaniac

AroundWorldFrog said:
 3:45 mark and watch the girl in the black dress primping and taking selfies. Damn!

pile-wood-28126501.jpg

AroundWorldFrog

cornutum said:

Who ever she is she's got a career in sports broadcasting thats for sure. She could ask em anything and I'd watch.
I don't think the guys cared what she was asking either. But they all had big smiles.

Edit. And I guess there are actually some football highlights in their somewhere.

Ray Finkle

Pure Purple said:
Ray, would it be fair to say that in your opinion the Cornhuskers can eat (censor) and bark at the moon?

Are is that overstating?

My family immigrated to Nebraska from Europe.  My grandfather is buried in a casket lined in "Big Red."  My great uncle was part of the "Flying Farmers" and flew his plane to Lincoln for games whenever possible.

They are like the UT of the Midwest and think their [ Finebaum ] doesn't stink.  My father went to another Big 8 school and Nebraska was notorious for running-up the score and going for 2, even when up by 40+ points.  They couldn't get along with Texas so they took their toys and went home.  I like seeing them struggle in the Big 10, I believe deep-down inside that they would like to come back to the Big 12.

SnoSki

RollToad said:
Like Georgia has the #3 recruiting class. And this year they will suck [Art Briles] as always.
Exactly who I had in mind, as a matter fact. There always seems to be a non-Michigan/Ohio state Big 10 team that gets in there too.

Ray Finkle said:

Good, they can eat [Craig James] for all I care.  They should have never left the Big XII and have suffered dearly for it.  Last year, they didn't sign a single recruit from TX.  This was the first time this happened since the early 80s.  They have lost their pipeline into the Lone Star State and I they can EAD for all I care.  Firing Frank Solich after a 9-3 season shows how far those elitists are off their rockers.  He brought them 3 10+ win seasons in 6 years.  Yeah, we can do better.  Serves them right.  Darn Tom Osborne and Darn Nebraska!

TO and NU fans had nothing to do with Solich's dismissal -- that was purely the act of the megalomaniacal AD and his snooty chancellor, both of whom are long gone.  But the blow was almost fatal, and I think NU might have recovered if not for the disastrous decision to move to the B1G.  Believe me, very few NU fans really support that move, and a lot -- maybe the majority -- would love to be back in the B12 again. 

Current coach is a retread from Oregon State, for God's sake, and is in his 60s.  Current AD is cordially loathed by most fans as well after lackluster hires in football and men's basketball, and running off a great wbb coach because she chewed out some snowflakes for lack of effort.  Whole program is in a nosedive and most think it won't recover as long as it stays in the B1G, where it's never been able to recruit well.

ifrog

Volare said:
Great recruiting this year.

Hope I don't have to wait 2 years to see most of these guys play.
you will have plenty of time to criticize the current starting QB before you can worry about these guys.

back_in_black

Moderators
ScottPatrick said:
Schools such as Neb and UT are never going away the right staff can come in and turn it around in a heartbeat
UT yes, Nebraska I don't think so. It's been many years since they were that relevant. Kids today didn't grow up seeing that dominance they once had. The game has changed and they moved to a conference where they are just another Midwest team fighting for Midwest talent, not Texas talent. It's going to be tough for them.

Wexahu

back_in_black said:
UT yes, Nebraska I don't think so. It's been many years since they were that relevant. Kids today didn't grow up seeing that dominance they once had. The game has changed and they moved to a conference where they are just another Midwest team fighting for Midwest talent, not Texas talent. It's going to be tough for them.
Yes, there's really no comparison. Nebraska is done as an elite program and the further we get from the 90's the worse it gets.

Used to be they could recruit nationally because they were on TV all the time. Now everyone is on TV all the time and like you say they are just another Midwest team (in a very remote part of the country no less) fighting for everyone else's scraps.

They were going downhill anyway but the move to the Big 10 just accelerated it.