• The KillerFrogs

2017 Signing Day thread

Ray Finkle

JogginFrog said:

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/82163-cb-michael-onyemaobi-tcu-signed-loi/

Nebraska was shooting for 3 or 4 db's from Cali with room for 3; they signed 4-star Elijah Blades but struck out on Onyemaobi, couldn't flip 4-star Jaylon Johnson from Utah and appear likely to lose 4-star Deommodore Lenoir to Oregon.  

Good, they can eat [ Finebaum ] for all I care.  They should have never left the Big XII and have suffered dearly for it.  Last year, they didn't sign a single recruit from TX.  This was the first time this happened since the early 80s.  They have lost their pipeline into the Lone Star State and I they can EAD for all I care.  Firing Frank Solich after a 9-3 season shows how far those elitists are off their rockers.  He brought them 3 10+ win seasons in 6 years.  Yeah, we can do better.  Serves them right.  Darn Tom Osborne and Darn Nebraska!

Pharm Frog

Ray Finkle said:

Good, they can eat [Craig James] for all I care.  They should have never left the Big XII and have suffered dearly for it.  Last year, they didn't sign a single recruit from TX.  This was the first time this happened since the early 80s.  They have lost their pipeline into the Lone Star State and I they can EAD for all I care.  Firing Frank Solich after a 9-3 season shows how far those elitists are off their rockers.  He brought them 3 10+ win seasons in 6 years.  Yeah, we can do better.  Serves them right.  Darn Tom Osborne and Darn Nebraska!

This. They have taken to calling it Calibraska now. Pipeline to Texas has been severed.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Luginbill on ESPN recruiting show giving big props to GP and his class. He and Mack praised GP on developing people no else sees. Thinks there will be stars out this class that no one expects.

Wexahu

Pharm Frog said:

This. They have taken to calling it Calibraska now. Pipeline to Texas has been severed.

And they are trying to recruit California while playing in the Big 10, which keeps extending its footprint further and further EAST.  Good luck with that strategy.

Nebraska will never again be a premier football program, that ship has sailed.  Leaving the Big 12 isn't THE reason, but it sure didn't help and it accelerated the decline.

MAcFroggy

Wexahu said:

And they are trying to recruit California while playing in the Big 10, which keeps extending its footprint further and further EAST.  Good luck with that strategy.

Nebraska will never again be a premier football program, that ship has sailed.  Leaving the Big 12 isn't THE reason, but it sure didn't help and it accelerated the decline.

It is crazy to see the divergence between Oklahoma and Nebraska since 2000.  They were pretty much identical programs in the sense that they have little in state talent, dominated the big 8, and were perennial national championship contenders.  They were huge rivals.

Oklahoma has consistently recruited well including multiple top 5 and top 10 classes.  They have won their conference numerous times and have competed for national championships.

Nebraska recruiting has fallen off a cliff and have not won their conference since before 2000.

PhillyFrog

If GP can whip the state of Oklahoma for a couple years in a row, then you tell me who's in his way?

There is no reason why Texas schools should ever be lesser than those [ Finebaum ]s.

Ever.

Pick up the crown, Gary, and you own the castle.

P

purplePPO

Ray Finkle said:

Good, they can eat [Craig James] for all I care.  They should have never left the Big XII and have suffered dearly for it.  Last year, they didn't sign a single recruit from TX.  This was the first time this happened since the early 80s.  They have lost their pipeline into the Lone Star State and I they can EAD for all I care.  Firing Frank Solich after a 9-3 season shows how far those elitists are off their rockers.  He brought them 3 10+ win seasons in 6 years.  Yeah, we can do better.  Serves them right.  Darn Tom Osborne and Darn Nebraska!
Tell us how you really feel dude!!

LSU Game Attendee

Ray Finkle said:

Nebraska fans seem pretty great as a whole, so I don't share your hate. However, I respect your hate!

tcudoc

nwlafrog said:
Has nothing to do with our recruiting class, but I just saw this and it's pretty great. Hell of a name.

*Kobe Buffalomeat's best friend from high school talks to Kobe's parents*

Kobe's best friend:  Mr. Buffalomeat, people can be really mean about last names.  Why is y'all's last name Buffalomeat?
Mr. Buffalomeat:  Well, in our ancestral tribe, it was common to take the surname of whatever our favorite thing in the whole world was.  So Buffalomeat was our patriarch's favorite thing, so he took his name and passed it down many generations to us.  Why are you asking about it, Johnny Buttsex?