• The KillerFrogs

2017 Coaching Carousel

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Starting to hear some things regarding Coach DudeBroShades. Originally, it appeared the admins were going to attempt to try to justify keeping him. Now I'm hearing from a source who usually has good info that Kingsbury will step down if Tech loses to UT this week.

He says they expect Dykes or Neal Brown 7-10 days after Kingsbury steps down over the weekend so that they have a chance to lock up the early signing period.

From what I've seen and heard, i can't imagine either choice (especially Dykes) would be greeted with excitement although more seem to like Neal brown. This whole thing may not come anywhere close to happening but I found it interesting, nonetheless.
Honestly I think Neal Brown would be a good choice for just about any school and I rarely hear his name mentioned.

They'd be solid under Dykes but I don't see them being any better than they are now

99.9% chance Nebraska officially joins the list of open jobs Saturday. Don't think a victory over struggling Iowa would help Riley now, and if Huskers lose their4-8 record is the worst since 1961.

Mean Purple

Has Les Miles name surfaced for Arkansas or Tennessee yet? He's the type of recruiter they need.

Arkansas should go get Paul Johnson from Ga Tech. If he installed that option in the hills, it would be insane.

W

Way of the Frog

Has Les Miles name surfaced for Arkansas or Tennessee yet? He's the type of recruiter they need.

Arkansas should go get Paul Johnson from Ga Tech. If he installed that option in the hills, it would be insane.

Les is 64, won a title, and made a pretty good amount of money.

Unless he needs the money I just don't see why Les would get back into the grind of coaching. Especially two jobs that are facing up hill fights in the SEC for a place at the top.

TX_Krötenechse

Minnesota announced an extension for PJ Fleck today ... locked him up until 2023, presumably with a raise although that hasn’t been disclosed yet.

Seems clear that somebody has already come knocking on his door. Would guess that Babers is getting calls as well.

TX_Krötenechse

Rumors that Chip Kelly to UF is definitely not happening. Also not going to Aggies.

Aggies 100% believe that Jimbo Fisher is their next coach. FSU fans seems ok with this, surprisingly.

Mean Purple

Les is 64, won a title, and made a pretty good amount of money.

Unless he needs the money I just don't see why Les would get back into the grind of coaching. Especially two jobs that are facing up hill fights in the SEC for a place at the top.
Because he wants to coach. Really really wants to coach. LSU was stupid to fire him. He would do great at Knoxville or Arkansas .