• The KillerFrogs

2017 Coaching Carousel

Mean Purple

Rumors that Chip Kelly to UF is definitely not happening. Also not going to Aggies.

Aggies 100% believe that Jimbo Fisher is their next coach. FSU fans seems ok with this, surprisingly.
Seems to want the UCLA gig. Remember, he wants to go where he has the strong recruiting ties. For him, that is the West Coast.

Double V

Starting to hear some things regarding Coach DudeBroShades. Originally, it appeared the admins were going to attempt to try to justify keeping him. Now I'm hearing from a source who usually has good info that Kingsbury will step down if Tech loses to UT this week.

He says they expect Dykes or Neal Brown 7-10 days after Kingsbury steps down over the weekend so that they have a chance to lock up the early signing period.

From what I've seen and heard, i can't imagine either choice (especially Dykes) would be greeted with excitement although more seem to like Neal brown. This whole thing may not come anywhere close to happening but I found it interesting, nonetheless.

Now why the hell would a coach in his spot in his career "step down?"

Double V

No idea. I'm still not totally sold on any of that happening but he says most of the smoke now is pointing to him being out win or lose no matter what. We'll see.
I heard before the season started that he and his whole staff were told 7 wins or they're gone. Guess we'll see...

Chongo94

I heard before the season started that he and his whole staff were told 7 wins or they're gone. Guess we'll see...

I heard recently Hocutt and admins were pushing back against that, which is why I found the step down rumors very odd but my friend usually doesn't speak to such things without having some decent knowledge first.

I agree, we'll see. The major problem is if he leaves, who do they get? There seems to be hardly anyone out there who Tech could realistically get that you would consider an upgrade...or at least that's how I see it.

Wexahu

I think the problem for Tech is that the prospects for them being much better next year aren’t great, so the “will KK be able to keep his job” thing in the media will likely be just as strong next year. That weighs on a program pretty heavily.

Double V

As I had originally suspected, it is apparently confirmed that DudeBroShades is staying...

Good. Think they'd be foolish to get rid of him now with all the other open jobs. Still think he's learning how to be a HC instead of just an OC. Plus I love making fun of all the childish cap he does for/to/with his team.

BleedNPurple

Good. Think they'd be foolish to get rid of him now with all the other open jobs. Still think he's learning how to be a HC instead of just an OC. Plus I love making fun of all the childish cap he does for/to/with his team.

Agree with you and Kliff’s recruiting has been improving. I’ve been surprised by the special kind of YOLO players he’s been able to get but he has his thing going on over there. Would like to see them become bowl eligible for the good of the conference and still enjoy watching anyone beat UT!

LaxFrog3

We need tech to play well in the upcoming years.(can’t believe I just said that). The big 12 needs to be strong as a whole conference. If we have at least 5 teams do well, it will make the conference look good to recruits and the clowns on the CFP committee

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
I hope Iowa State can hold on to Matt Campbell. What he has done there is amazing. He is saying all the right things about staying, but he is going to get some tempting offers really soon.